Not Engaged Yet

OLW

2»

Re: OLW

• @loves2shop4shoes - TAHITI!?!?! You're going to love it! When are  you going? Where are you staying? That's where we went for our HM and we loved it so much!
    We're going to Tahiti from Oct. 16-26.  We're visiting Bora Bora, Moorea, Rangiroa, Huahine, and Tetiaroa.  We're going to stay at the St. Regis Bora Bora, the Hilton Moorea, The Brando, the Royal Huahine, and the Kia Ora.

We're super excited!
  • minskat30 said:
    @loves2shop4shoes - What happened with the job situation?  I'm sorry it is frustrating the two of you.  Hugs.
    Basically, they made DH a verbal offer two weeks ago, which was about 10k less than he currently makes.  And he was like...no way.

So they made some excuse about not realizing what he actually makes and blah blah.  They told him they'd amend the salary (to who knows what) and send him the offer in writing.  That was two weeks ago, and the only peep he's heard out of them since has been later on the same day when they emailed him asking him to do a project for them...which he refuses to do until he's on the payroll.

DH is really pissed about the entire situation, and says he doesn't think he wants to work for people like that regardless of the figure they came back with.  Other days he sees it as a good opportunity to move.  So we go back and forth and in the meantime, we've heard NOTHING from them.  It's infuriating.
  • @loves2shop4shoes - I wouldn't want to work for people that disorganized either.  It would be (and is, I'm sure) very frustrating.  Also, heck no to a verbal offer unless you really, really trust them (which it sounds like you don't).  You could always use your vacation as an excuse to prod them.  You don't have to tell them it is a vacation, just that you will not be reachable for two weeks...not the best solution I know but better than you guys being in limbo-land until they decided to get their heads out of their butts.  Hugs to both of you. 
  • dear lunch,

why do you not make me feel full??

hungry and Snickers looks good,
    Coco
  • @loves2shop4shoes - We also stayed at the Hilton Moorea and loved it! There's a great bar with a nice deck that has a great view of the sunsets in the evenings. You should also try to eat at Rudy's. It's a great restaurant in town (you can make a reservation with the concierge) and they have wonderful steaks! One of the best meals we had the whole time. Can't wait to hear all about it and see pics when you get back!!!

The bar I mentioned is the deck all the way to the left in this photo:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This is the view from that bar at sunset:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• @allusive007 Okay I totally missed the news about your pregnancy so YAY!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!

Dear body,

FIGHT THE FATIGUE!

Dear undergrads,

Please don't come to office hours, okay? I have work I want to do.

Dear J,

Thank you for taking care of me this week, even though you've been unbelievably busy.

Dear wedding coordinator,

Please get back to me soon--I need to let our parents know when to schedule the rehearsal lunch.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Dear NOLA ladies,

Super jealous. Then again I'll be just married so that helps!

Love Kait

Dear FI,

OMG we leave in 2 days. AAAAAAAGH.

Dear vendors,

Let's make this run smoothly. I've had too many little issued lately so if everything you guys are doing runs as planned, that would be great.

Dear weather,

Keep up with the sunshine forecast. Don't you DARE rain. It has been sunshine predictions for a week now... let's keep it that way.
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Dear Work,
    Seriously, slow your roll. I need an IV full of wine ASAP. When the CRM comes up, I'm going to lose my mind. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Dear NEY,

I still love you.

Love,
    long-lost Audrewuh

---------

Dear work,

You suck monkey balls. Please go away and leave me be. Quit pulling me into discussions about robes and numbers of students. You clearly don't understand what will happen to the church in the next 5 years and I will gladly say you didn't listen to me. 

Get a grip,
    frustrated

--------------------

Dear H,

Please take off your grumpy pants. You have a new job that you love and your paycheck will come in soon enough and all will be well. So stop jumping down my throat every other day. I'm over it. 

Love,
    Your always patient wife who wants to thump you

---------------------

Dear @swazzle and everyone else, 

NINE MORE DAYS!!!!

I cannot deal. 

All my love and excitement, 
    Aud
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • Dear Nola Ladies:
    I'm jealous and have the sads. I miss you all so very much and want to hug you and smoosh your cheeks.
    xoxo
    That farty beaner who makes you tortillas from scratch

Dear No-Uh,
    I'm sorry about all the shots and shit, but hey, you'll thank me when you don't get the plague.
    Love,
    If there's a vaccine for it, SHOOT 'EM UP!
    Dear Doc,
    I totally called the change in your attitude towards breastfeeding once you had that baby. 
    Sincerely,
    loving the new tune you're singing
    Dear Creepy McCreepster customer,
    No. Never. Stop it. No really, we never went out on a date. Yes, I'm 100% positive. And no, D and I have not been saying that we're getting married for 10 years. Yes, I'm sure. No, you can't take his place. Yes, you can leave now.
    Signed,
    Eww Dude 
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• Dear FI,
    LOL thanks for helping me figure out a way to have both a glass of wine and a roll with dinner tonight without breaking my diet. We somehow managed to figure out how I can have dinner with roll, wine, and my Skinny Cow dessert and be right on target with calorie intake without me having to go to the gym (and also be under in carbs and fat!). Yeah teamwork!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Dear Weight Loss,

Keep it up!  I was super excited to buy smaller clothes yesterday.

-18 lbs and counting

- - -

Dear "other" work facility,

Your lack of organization drives the rest of us all crazy.  Seriously.  

-Co-worker who wants her damn files

- - -

Dear Anya,

You're a doll.  I'm so sorry I've been sick and haven't been able to take you cycling.  I know how much you love to run.

-Sick Mama

- - -

Dear Cold,

Go away.  Seriously.  

-Sick of being Sick Host

- - -

Dear Fitness Class,

Why are you so expensive?  You sound amazing but we don't have $350 to spend on a 6 week program right now.

-WM & SO

- - -

Dear Dad,

Please please please just pick something and stay with it.  Retirement isn't that far away.  Your wife would like to be able to afford to stop working eventually.

-Your daughter who is not going to say 'I told you so.'

- - -

Dear BF,

I love you.  I love how excited you've been about our recent weight loss progress.  I just wish you'd make up your mind a little sooner on some of the more serious discussions on our plate right now <3

Trying to remain patient GF

Formerly known as flutterbride2b
  • Dear sinuses,

You are the devil. I hate you so much right now, please clear yourselves out immediately.

No love, tired of being home sick

---------------------------
    Dear couch,

Wow, you are really not as comfortable as you used to be. And you're too short to stretch out and sleep on. 

No love, cranky pants who will throw you out as soon as FI and I get a house.

Dear work,

I know you're going to be crazy tomorrow, what with missing 2 days because of sickness. Please have mercy on me.

Anxious, lmc

Dear FI,

Thank you for being sweet and trying to cheer me up, even though you won't come over because I'm sick. I know, I know, your immune system is really sucky because of your meds…but I want snuggles :(

Miss your face, your FI

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Dear Depression,

I'm totally over you.  Go away and let me function normally.

No Love,
    Had to call of classes because she couldn't get out of bed.

------------------
    Dear Mommy,

You're taking me to a world premiere ballet for my birthday next month?!  I love love love love you!

Love,
    Daughter Numero Uno (As in, firstborn, not favorite.)

-----------------
    Dear California,

A week from today, I will be in you for the first time ever!  I promise, I will not skip conference sessions just to walk on the beach.

Love,
    Landlocked State Native

------------------
    Dear Mr. Historian,

I love you so, so, so much, and I'm praying for you constantly as you get ready to deploy.  We'll make it through this one the same way we made it through the last one: lots of care packages and emails.  And, I promise, I'll start picking up the phone to unknown numbers again.

Love,
    Your Future Mrs.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards