October 2014 Weddings
Options

My Dress! Ooooooh the stress

Let me preface by saying I live in the middle of nowhere. A tiny little town that's an hour from where I got my dress, if traffic is good.

I was supposed to have my final fitting at 8pm last night. Fiance works 3rd shift, so I had my mom come over to stay with the kids until I got home. Drive up to get my dress. Nobody knows where my dress is. I waited for probably 20 minutes FREAKING OUT until the assistant manager came over and apologized and said they called me to reschedule my appointment. Uhhh, no you didn't! They showed me the number they had called, and it is nowhere close to my number. Only thing correct was the area code. She said they call both numbers on file to leave messages. The other number is my work number, and I didn't have a message there either. The assistant manager wanted me to come Friday, and I told her I live an hour away and have a job that I really kind of need to go to. At that point, she completely refunded my alterations cost and set me up an appointment for Saturday right before my bachelorette party. I'm so busy that day it's not even funny. We're cleaning the church in the morning, making a run to find shirt/vest for fiance, BM and GM after we clean. Then I have to get my dress. Then the party. If my dress isn't done, I'm going to freak.

Re: My Dress! Ooooooh the stress

• Options
    Awww, man, that sucks!  What an inconvenience.  I am glad to hear that they at least refunded you your alteration costs.  Could you maybe change some plans you had, like shopping for the shirt/vests and push that to another day? 
  • Options
    Unfortunately this is pretty much our last chance to get the shirts/vests. Fiance leaves next weekend to get his parents, and then the following weekend is the wedding. It's going to be a looooooong day. I may see if we can clean the church a different day since it's just up the hill from my house and everything else is out of town.
  • Options
    Well that sucks.  May I ask why you have to clean the church?  I'm not questioning, I just don't understand.  I never heard of having to clean the church.  Is that instead of paying a fee for having the ceremony there? 
  • Options
    That really stinks.  Could you ask you bridal party to help out in any way or are they already helping out?

Anniversary
  • Options
    We don't have to clean the church for wedding purposes. It's more that the congregation cleans it this time of year and they were leaning towards this weekend. I sent out an email to let them know this weekend isn't going to work for us now.
  • Options
    Oh, well that takes a huge burden offf if you were able to do the cleaning another time!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards