Snarky Brides
Options

Your 3-5 biggest "what not to do"s

1235»

Re: Your 3-5 biggest "what not to do"s

• Options
    fdjlka said:

LOL to cake smashing!!  I was MOH in my friend's wedding.  For some reason they wanted me and the best man to stand next to them while they cut the cake.  We had no idea why...until they turned and smashed the cake in each of our faces!!  It was kind of funny but also kind of shocking, esp when I had frosting smeared all in my $70+ hairstyle that I paid for. 

Are you fucking kidding me? SO not funny and really disrespectful.

I would have stuck a fist into her wedding cake, pulled out a handful and slapped her with it.
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    1. Bouquet toss/garter toss: I was at a wedding where the groom crawled across the dance floor to go up and under the bride's dress to get the garter with his teeth....I'm not sure if it makes me a prude but I'm still uncomfortable thinking about it now!
    2. Having to pay for non-alcoholic drinks. If someone wants to have a cash bar, I'll side eye it but get over it fairly quickly. However, if I have to pay for my water or pop because I am the designated driver that night, I will be PISSED.
    3. Cake smash. Just, no.
    4. The DJ turning down the music to get everyone to sing the lyrics OR the DJ playing all 8+ minute's of Meatloaf's "Paradise by the Dashboard Lights" so he can sing and dance and act out the whole song...
    5. "Vintage-rustic-themed wedding" with lace, burlap and mason jars because you "want your wedding to be different than everyone else's." You don't say...
  • Options
    CMGragain said:
    1.  Huge wedding parties.  Are you trying to prove how many friends you have?  Uh no.  It's just that I actually HAVE that many sisters and friends that I'm actually close to, sorrynotsorry.  Oh and why in the hell does anyone else care how many ppl are in my WP?  You aren't paying for it, so it doesn't affect you.

2.  Small children used for cuteness factor. 

3. Tuxedos in the daytime.  Ick!  Ugh!  Yuck!  Tuxedos are BLACK tie, not pink, powder blue, red, green, orange, lavender tie.

4.  Cowboy boots, flip flops, or sneakers on anybody.

5.  Huge, over the top budgets, with too much money spent on details that don't matter.  (8 limousines?  Oh, come, now!)  IMO this is unnecessarily judgmental.  How other ppl choose to spend their money is none of our business, and not for us to judge.  How would you feel if one of the Brides from the Luxury Weddings board came out and snarked all over a Bride on the Budget board for her choices?
    I know this is the Snarky Brides board, but there's a difference to me between snark for the fun of it and catty judgement.

And a lot of the posts I am skimming in this thread are issues of taste and not actually things that would make a wedding suck- like too many toasts, head tables w/o SO's, etc.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Options
    1.  Brides, and anyone really, freaking the fuck out or judging what colors people wear to a wedding.  What a trivial thing to waste energy on, especially as a guest when it isn't even your wedding!  As long as people aren't naked or wearing Swastikas, I don't understand why their clothing has any affect on you nor is any of your business.

2.  Making the bridal party stand at the altar during the ceremony.  I have never been a fan of this, and even in well worn, broken in shoes standing for 20-3omins straight can start to bother a person's back, knees etc.  Let the WP sit during the ceremony and you can take photos with everyone afterwards.

3. Head Tables.  Even if you let the SO's sit with the wedding party, they are awkward as hell and pointless to me.  No one wants to be watched while eating, and n one is going to put pictures of the WP eating in a wedding album. . . so why?

4.  Too many Toasts/Speeches instead of Toasts/Inappropriate Toasts.

5. Dollar Dances and trying to force or guilt people into participating in them.  I hate them because they disrupt the dancing for at least 20-30mins, but as long as no one is trying to harass me into giving money I don't care as much.

6.  Unplugged weddings.  1st, the phrase is asinine because digital cameras and smartphones have batteries and don't require plugs unless charging.  And it's very controlling.  If you have hired a photog who knows what they are doing, then this is also a totally unnecessary concern.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards