Honeymoon Discussions

Honeymoon or Familymoon

edited September 2014 in Honeymoon Discussions
Curious to see couples, who have young children, did you do a honeymoon or take a familymoon?

Honeymoon or Familymoon 11 votes

honeymoon (no kids)
90% 10 votes
familymoon (kids)
9% 1 vote
other
0% 0 votes

Re: Honeymoon or Familymoon

• I don't have kids, but I vote for honeymoon.  It will be nice for you two to have some time alone and celebrate.  My parents occasionally did a long weekend trip without us, and I'm sure it was a nice break for them.  Another option, if you're looking at a longer trip is to do both.  Spend a week on a HM alone and then have the kids join you for the last week for example.  Of course, this does depend on your logistics too.  

• I also said honeymoon. Enjoy just the 2 of you.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are doing familymoon.  We are already having a DW so that is a trip in itself.  Even if we weren't having a DW, I wouldn't leave my daughter for a week.  We will leave her with my parents for a night and there will be plenty of people to watch her so we can go to dinner or sightseeing.  We've travelled together before having a child so it's not a big deal.  In a couple of years we will take a trip alone, but for now we will enjoy time as a family.
  • We're taking a honeymoon, leaving my daughter behind. I'm feeling Hella guilty about it, but this is the only trip we'll have taken on our own. It's important to my DH, and to me as well.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Yeah we will be leaving our little one with grandma while we go away for 8 days. I'm feeling guilty too @mrsmagicgeek

He will be 3yrs old, when we leave for our HM next summer. It will be hard, but I know we'll have a good time and it will be good for just the 2 of us to get away!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards