Connecticut

Small Wedding Venues in Southern CT/Long Island

I am going to have a small wedding, 100-125 people and have found that most places on Long Island and Southern CT require a minimum amount of guests for Saturday evening, which I prefer (usually 150 guests). Does anyone know of a great/unique venue that can accommodate 100 ppl for Sat night on LI or Southern CT??

Re: Small Wedding Venues in Southern CT/Long Island

• I'm not sure how far south you're looking at, but the Inn at Middletown has a 50 person minimum. That was a huge reason why we booked there.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited July 2014
    Our venue, the Lounsbury House in Ridgefield, CT, is perfect for that wedding size. It is an absolutely gorgeous estate which allows you to choose any vendors you want. This does mean you do have to do a ton of planning and coordinating with your various vendors (or hire a planner - but we didn't). My fiancee and I are having our reception of 110 people there in 2 1/2 weeks and can't wait - our guests are already floored by the look of our venue on our wedding website and can't wait to attend a party there! There is no guest minimum.

I just wanted to disclose that some people who aren't "planners" or detail-oriented may struggle with finding/coordinating so many different vendors - we have about 10 all together. The Lounsbury House does provide you with a day-of coordinator to interface and manage all of your different vendors. Will let you know if we have any trouble! 
  • @FutureMrsMerati‌ I'm getting married at the lounsbury house too!! I agree, it has been a lot to coordinate!
  • i'm doing the Jacky Durrell pavilion at penfield beach in fairfield.  seats 125 max.  but it's totally DIY and that may not be what you're looking for.
  • The Mystic Yachting Center in southeastern CT did not require minimums, we had about 90 people on a Saturday night. It is also a very unique venue right on the water.
  • We're getting married at the Mystic Arts Center, which has a max of 125. We're having around 75-80 guests, and it's the perfect size for us. 

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards