October 2014 Weddings

October 4 brides...40 DAYS!

That's like just over a month. I'm about to flip my lid. That's SO CLOSE.

Re: October 4 brides...40 DAYS!

• AHHHHHHHHH!!!!! I feel like I have so much stuff left to do! I'm getting the excited jitters too!
  • I'm jealous of you ladies! We originally chose Oct 11 but needed to move the date back. Our date is now Oct 31 and the kicker is, we recently discovered we could have kept our original date.

@kgover‌ Im loving that you are getting excited jitters :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yay yay yay yay!!! I'm so freaking excited! 
    My head is already moved on to post-wedding married life though. I've started buying new decor and supplies for our apartment..I should be saving my money for the final wedding payments though. 
    I just can't wait!!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
  • I'm also a October 4th bride. I totally get butterflies if I visualize all the details coming together :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• in between panic attacks, that is!
  • I'm calm... for now.  We'll see what happens when September rolls around!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'd feel better if our venue wasn't a mud pit...

Our backyard renos are about two months behind and it took me losing my shit on the contractors over the weekend for them to understand that we have less than 6 weeks to get this together so they'd better get their asses moving!

• oh no @LDay2014! Are they going to be able to get it done in time?
  • @kebebb they are hauling ass now that I lost my shit.  They assure me it will be done.
    They've made great progress over the past few days so I'm hoping...otherwise there will be a bloodbath the likes of which would rival a Quentin Tarrantinto movie.

The whole point of us doing the backyard renos was to be married at home.  
  • I just got butterflies for the first time today realizing that we're 38 days out!! I'm an event planner so the planning process hasn't been all that difficult or stressful for me but all of a sudden I'm realizing that I'm marrying the love of my life in a little more than 5 weeks. I'm 43 years old and never married so this has been a long time coming and I'm starting to get really excited!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Is it weird I'm not nervous at all. People keep asking if I am. Lol
  • @jerkyanne I'm not nervous about the actual wedding. I'm nervous about getting stuff finished in time. Nothing wrong at all with not being nervous. Confidence is great!
  • Agreed! 
    It really seems like just yesterday I was excited about 100 days until the wedding. Where has all the time gone???
    Anniversary
  • I am excited and looking forward to it.  Have just a few things to put together and then pay for everything.  The money part is the most stressful to me. 
  • ONE MONTH LADIES!!!! EEEEEEEK!!!
    30 days!

I can't believe how soon it is!
  • kebebbkebebb member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited September 2014
    I know!! I just wrote a timeline on the board in my office. 30 days til wedding! 16 days til bachelorette party! 10 days until bridal shower! HOLY SHEEP IT'S HAPPENING!!

ETA: math is hard :/
  • Oh my lord! I can't believe it! This month is going to go by so fast!
    Anniversary
  • 30 days!  Congratulations Everyone!  It will be here before we know.  Remember to enjoy each and every day up to our weddings.
  • 30 days for the Oct 5 brides!!!!!!!
  • 11 days? 11 days!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards