Wedding Recap and Withdrawal

Best advice I didn't take

I've been more of a lurker here at the knot and reading all these forums has helped me with my wedding planning. I didn't agree with everything, but I will say the one piece of advice that I should have taken was about choosing your MOH and bridesmaids.

Choose wisely. Go with your gut. If you have had problems in the past with a certain friend/family member, no matter how long you have been friends or how close you were in the past, chances are you will have a problem during the wedding or another important event. I kept seeing the comments about the only expectation you can have for a bridesmaid is to show up in the dress sober. Well, my MOH showed up....but I wish she wouldn't have.

CHOOSE WISELY MY FRIENDS!

Re: Best advice I didn't take

• Why do you wish she wouldn't have shown up?
  • She was hammered, pissed off all of my bridesmaids, talked down to my mother, made my sister cry, spilled a margarita in my hair and all down my dress halfway into the reception. Ran her mouth during dinner and I was so upset I couldn't even eat.

I honestly don't expect much. All I wanted was to celebrate my marriage and she stressed me out more than anything.
  • Well, that sucks.

You are married now! You love your fiance and I'm sure you still had a wonderful day despite her! Focus on that
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Wow, that sucks. I'm sorry she did that. 
  • That is true! At the end of the night I was married and dancing with my husband :)
  • lbuet348 said:
    She was hammered, pissed off all of my bridesmaids, talked down to my mother, made my sister cry, spilled a margarita in my hair and all down my dress halfway into the reception. Ran her mouth during dinner and I was so upset I couldn't even eat.

I honestly don't expect much. All I wanted was to celebrate my marriage and she stressed me out more than anything.
    ....I don't know why I "loved" this post.  lol sorry to thread jack, I just saw my icon under it and was like, "da fuq?  What did you possibly like about any of that?"  I'm not THAT heartless....probably was just drunk.

Anniversary

• Haha no worries!

For the record- I did encourage my friends to have fun, drink up, do what you do, but I thought they could handle their liquor...MOH apparently could not! lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards