Nevada-Las Vegas

Girls' Brunch - Suggestions?

My girls and I all want to get together for a nice meal to just hang out before the craziness starts.  We thought we'd meet somewhere for an early lunch before the rehearsal but I'm not sure where to tell them I want to go.  I don't want loud and crazy for this.  Something good, but not too stuffy or expensive.  I was thinking possibly Mon Ami Gabi but I've never been there.  Just seen good reviews.  There will probably only be 6 or 8 of us for that so I'm not worried about group menus or anything.  I just want to be able to have a leisurely lunch where we're not getting pressured to leave after a half hour and where we can hear one another talk while we have some yummy food.  Suggestions?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Girls' Brunch - Suggestions?

• We are going to try the afternoon tea at Mandarin Oriental.
    Happiness is an inside job
  • Serendipity is good for brunch and very nice if you can get a table on the strip side.

I love the Sugar Factory at Paris as well. We always try to go there every trip.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I was going to suggest Mon Ami Gabi. I'm glad you're considering it.

I also recommend Sugar Factory.

Sugar Factory is cute. I feel like Alice in Wonderland when I'm there.

Mon Ami Gabi is more "classic", and they have an area with a view of the Bellagio fountain.

• Thanks, ladies.  Funny you both mentioned Sugar Factory.  I really want to go there and it was actually my first choice for our post-wedding brunch but I had a really bad experience with the woman who handles the group reservations.  HORRIBLE customer service and it really turned me off.  I talked about it in several posts here and the general manager actually messaged me on here before he got banned (I think maybe because vendors aren't allowed?)  Anyway, I just emailed him directly yesterday so I'm waiting to hear back from him.  Maybe we'd have a different experience with a smaller group where I don't have to book through Cesilia.  And thank you for the photos.  Those are REALLY helpful!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm having a morning of the wedding breakfast with my mum and bridesmaids at Tableau at Wynn.

We've requested a patio/poolside seat so should be lovely!

• Have you ever been to Bouchon?  Great food and a really nice atmosphere.  They also have fun champagne drinks!

We did brunch there with about 8 people last year after the marathon and we had a really nice round table with a view of the pool outside.  There is also outside seating depending on what time of year you are going.

It's in the Venezia tower at the Venetian.  

We had our dream wedding at Mirage on May 3, 2014! 
  • @ktbabe530, yes, Bouchon is one of my favorite restaurants in Vegas.  AND it would be super convenient seeing as we're getting married just across the terrace at The Venetian.  The problem is that they don't seem to serve lunch during the week -- only breakfast and dinner.  We were looking to eat around 12:30 and according to their reservations, that's not an option. :(
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited September 2014
    Ndelible said:
    We are going to try the afternoon tea at Mandarin Oriental.
    Came in here to recommend this.  Been there twice, love it  (yes, even as a guy)

Request for a window table.   I think my fiance is also doing this. 
  • I'm thinking about going to the Mandarin Oriental tea room, as well, it looks so beautiful.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Mandarian Oriental does look gorgeous and I'm not ruling it out.  HOWEVER, this particular group of girls are kind of loud and crazy.  And they like to EAT!  I'm not sure me suggesting tea and finger sandwiches would go over so well with most of them.  LOL! 

I'm thinking Mon Ami Gabi is definitely a forerunner but for the picky eaters in the bunch I'm a little concerned they might bitch about "french" food.  Sugar Factory definitely has a more "americanized" standard-type of lunch menu and it looks like a blast but I looked at recent yelp and trip advisor reviews and the comments were pretty bad -- everything from poor service to a reduced choice in menu to the food being flat out bad.  No response from the manager yet either so I'm super reluctant to make a reservation there.  It sounds like a flat out mess all the way around anymore.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited September 2014
    HOWEVER, this particular group of girls are kind of loud and crazy.  And they like to EAT! 
    ----

MO's out then...not a lot of food OR volume although I get really full every time I go (the scones are fabulous and very filling) and I got really smashed last time as well (champagne + tea service, anyone?)

Based on your latest post...have you looked at hash hash a gogo?
  • I came across Hash House last night when I was exploring options.  It looks good!  It also looks like the kind of place that would want you in and out pretty quickly though.  I don't know why I get that impression exactly, but I do.  I want a place where we can spend maybe a hour and a half or so just taking our time and talking while we eat.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited September 2014
    I came across Hash House last night when I was exploring options.  It looks good!  It also looks like the kind of place that would want you in and out pretty quickly though.  I don't know why I get that impression exactly, but I do.  I want a place where we can spend maybe a hour and a half or so just taking our time and talking while we eat.
    ---

It's not like that.  It's huge and we were never pressed to vacate our seats.  90 mins is definitely not a problem. 
  • Hash House is sooooo yummy! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • If you have picky eaters, then I'd avoid Mon Ami Gabi. It really is specifically French and can turn people off if they aren't familiar with the ingredients and dishes. Sometimes, even if it's "pancakes and blueberries", it can still throw people off if it's written in French. ;)
  • NAILED it, wrigleyville!  Those were my thoughts exactly.  "Why the hell are there apples on my chicken sandwich and why would I want to eat poisson?"  LOL!!!

Hash House sounds like it could be a contender then.  Thank you!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards