Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Recommendations for no smudge eyeliner?

I'm doing my own makeup and want a very retro winged eye for my wedding. I'm doing research, reading reviews, and trying products. I want it to last all day! I have oily skin and crying is definitely a possibility.

My latest trials have been

Loreal Telescopic liquid eyeliner -> Smudgy mess by the end of the day 

Rimmel Exaggerate liquid eyeliner -> Flakes off

Revlon Colorstay liquid eyeliner -> lasted well, but felt kind of sting-y when I applied so I'm not going there

Maybelline gel eyeliner -> Doesn't smudge, but fades, doesn't have the pigment I want, and isn't a crisp line

However, I wanted to know what you all use or are planning on using that will last all day!

Edit: TK keeps eating paragraphs

Re: Recommendations for no smudge eyeliner?

• I have tried a couple of liquid liners, and my favorites seem to be these:

Loreal Lineur Intense Carbon Black ( Very wet when first applied, but dries and stays well)

Revlon Colorstay Liquid Eye Pen (Slightly easier to use because it's in pen form, and good lasting/no smudging power)

Kat Von D Lock It Tattoo Liquid Liner (Pretty much the best liquid liner of life.  In my opinion)

• Bobbi Brown makes a Long Wear Gel Eyeliner that lasts all day and is fantastic. I've been using it for years.
  • Alikat9614Alikat9614 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited September 2014
    I used ELF waterproof eyeliner that didn't move all day! (Eta: rechecked the brand, it was elf not wed 'n wild)
  • Smashbox liquid eyeliner pen and gel/cream eyeliner pots are both amazing and last forever. Also if you have oily skin you should think about using an eye primer. Stila makes a really good one.
  • I love the Urban Decay liquid liner that looks like a felt tip pen. I can't remember the name of it. But it's great and never smudges (and I have really watery eyes). I'm always bad with the straight liquid ones (it always looks shakey, I clearly don't have a steady hand), and the pencil ones are always so smudgy, but the felt tip pen applicator really works for me.

Lately I've been obsessed with the new gel liner from Benefit called, "Yes, they're real" or something similar. It's not a straight liquid, but it's also not a pencil. It's a weird gel consistency and goes on really straight and looks almost as good/dark as the liquids.

• I just bought the Stila Stay All Day liquid liner, and that stuff made it through a full work day, a workout, and most of a shower LOL (when I actually wiped it off).  I was impressed.
  • Wow! So many different recommendations! I hardly know where to start. 
  • Another vote for Stila liquid liner. It's my go-to liner and I get compliments on my cat eye once a month or so. It's the only one I've found (tried all the drugstore brands, urban decay and eyeko) that stays puts allllllll day long, is waterproof, smugeproof and doesn't flake off. It also has the felt applicator that jenijoyk was talking about, which makes it so much easier to apply correctly. 
  • Nars has a great gel that goes on super smooth and stays on forever.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm a huge fan of Kat Von D's tattoo liner, it does not budge all day but comes off easily with eye makeup remover.
  • Another vote for Stila Stay All Day liquid liner!
  • I second Kat von D liquid liners, both the Tattoo and Autograph liquid liners. They are truly the best I have tried.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Benefit makes a new one with a special applicator...its not my personal style but I know a few people that swear by it.
  • My personal favorite is Moodstruck from Younique.  It glides on smooth, no smudge, and it is cry-proof, sweat proof... basically life proof!!  Its a little spendy, but I love the stuff!!!
  • i used wet and wide H2O  liquid , and that stuff doesnt come off.. i actually have to use oil makeup remover to get it off.. only 3.99 a bottle so give it a try. 
  • edited October 2014
    ELF waterproof has lasted from 5 am workout, shower without washing my face, 10 hours at work, then jamming for one derby meet, then blocking and jamming for the second. Washed my face at 11 something pm and had to use oil to take it off.

I love it. Use it daily. Plus my lashes adore the castor oil to remove it.

I think I'm the only one who hates Kat von D's liner. It doesn't stay for anything and pigment was nothing near ELF.

Urban Decay is my second favorite. Only because the ELF tight lines better for me. If I do a cat eye, I use that for the flick, then tight line with ELF.
  • My newest favorite eyeliner is tattooed waterproof eyeliner by Skone Cosmetics. It is seriously the most amazing one that I've ever used; I used to have issues with eyeliner smudging and looking yucky by the end of the day. With this stuff, I have to scrub hard to get it off. If I get lazy and don't wash my face, it looks absolutely perfect the next day. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards