October 2014 Weddings

My RSVP Deadline is today...

And I'm so over it. As of today I have: 83 yes; 56 no; 43 unknowns (23 invitations)

I'm so annoyed. I "think" I have an idea of what the response is for half of those 43 people...but the other half...I have NO FREAKING IDEA! Why is it so damn hard to mail back a card that comes with a stamp and a pre-printed envelope? I haven't even received any RSVP's in the mail for the past couple of days...I really hope I see some over the next few because I'm not looking forward to having to track all of these down. I'm super irritated about this right now...this is 25% of my total guest count so I kind of need to know...and I can't just assume they are all no's. What a pain.

Re: My RSVP Deadline is today...

• I had to track down about 20 people (10 invitations). most people said they had lost their RSVP card. Really? Then why didn't you just call or text!? People are rude.
  • Kerigirl9Kerigirl9 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited September 2014
    That's outrageous. I had a couple verbal "nos" but was waiting on only 3 people when deadline hit. Have now heard from everyone (5 days post). This is out of 123 invites total.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • It's so freaking annoying!!! I had 33 people not respond. In fact, ONE PERSON just responded today when your RSVP deadline was September 1st. I will never ever ever wait more than a day to send me RSVP back again!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

~Melissa
  • Today was our deadline as well. His two cousins haven't bothered to respond. He says he's not tracking them down. I'm sorry you have so many still in question...it's absolutely ridiculous!!!!
  • I have tons still missing as well! I am not looking forward to texting/calling/emailing everyone.... I wish I could just say if you don't rsvp you don't get to come! But I guess that's frowned upon... lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Chasing them down is not fun...I used the "we learned last week a few of our invitations got lost in the mail, and since I hadn't gotten an RSVP from you yet I wanted to make sure yours didn't also get lost" approach. Most of mine had simply forgotten to mail it and were really receptive. :) 
  • RSVP's were by far the most frustrating thing for me during this process - and we only invited 50!  Even after I followed-up by email, phone or text, some people didn't reply.  I sent a follow-up message along the lines of "we're assuming you're a no unless we hear back from you by X date."
  • We only invited about 90 guests and were missing about 10 or so. A few told me verbally. But one who is my sister/maid of honors friend who i've spent time with told my sister they werent coming but never sent the RSVP back. My great grandfather who is going to be 96 in December said he never got the invite. He lives in FL im in CT and he cannot travel to make it. Which I expect it but I think hes got a touch of dementia and his caretaker didn't make sure to take care of it. The few others were pretty easy to get a hold of.

• I had the same problem and still haven't heard from some people on our list, and our deadline was the 16th.  I feel like if you didn't send your card back, and we have not connected then you aren't coming is a safe assumption.  Most of the trackdowns I have done this week are no's anyway.
  • Chasing them down is not fun...I used the "we learned last week a few of our invitations got lost in the mail, and since I hadn't gotten an RSVP from you yet I wanted to make sure yours didn't also get lost" approach. Most of mine had simply forgotten to mail it and were really receptive. :) 
    Hahahahaha....we used that line too! (but, we also did have a few invitations and a few rsvp cards get lost...so it wasn't a *complete* lie...hehe)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • The two we were missing came today! All is right with the world again. 32 attending. 13 decline.
  • I only sent out 4 invitations (so, in their defense, I didn't include RSVP cards as I already know who's coming) but I haven't gotten a reply from ANYONE. I didn't even know that they RECEIVED the invitation until a few days ago when I asked my mom.
  • We've received a grand total of two of the 23 missing cards. Uggghhhh. I really hope we see a bunch today.

@Pepperally‌ Glad your missing RSVPs showed up!

@JennyColada‌ I'm sorry they didn't RSVP. Even though its a small group they still owe you the courtesy of acknowledgement of your invitations.

• Thanks, @LaPeanut1018 -  it is a great feeling to know the final count and have my seating arrangements in order.  I hope you get yours soon!!!!!! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards