Not Engaged Yet
Options

Starting the weekend thread early...

Re: Starting the weekend thread early...

• Options
    Thank you everyone for the birthday wishes!!!!

I told H last night that this is my last ever "young" birthday. From here on out I don't feel young really anymore because I've received all lawful privileges lol. I can now rent cars, houses, buy alcohol, see rated R movies, my insurance goes down lol yay..... So I guess I have to be mature now. sadface.
  • Options
    @southernpeach89 HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

I felt young till sometime after 26. I don't really feel old exactly, and it's not like I feel like an ADULT. I just don't feel young anymore.

The gray hairs don't help!
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Options

@southernpeach89 Happy birthday!!!

@swazzle omg I'm jealous. I've never been on a girl's trip. none of my girl friends ever have the money, ecept my bestie so I've gone places with her but just the two of us, never a group. So did you all know each other before TK or did you meet here? I totally wish I could make some real life friends here. I became friends with one lurker who lives near me and we chat on FB but have yet to meet.

• Options
    I GET TO LEAVE IN 45 MINUTES!!!!! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

@jenna8984 - We all met here. I'm kind of a g2g hoar, I've met a lot of NEYers. It's also easy living in the NorthEast because we can all take trains/buses or drive to each other. The first big g2g was at @cu97tiger's house in AZ a while ago, I believe that was also the biggest one. Since then there have been a bunch of smaller ones. I hosted down the shore in NJ once, we rented a house in the Finger Lakes area of NY last year, and we rented a house in Galveston earlier this year. I've been really fortunate to be able to attend all of those except for AZ which I was supposed to be at but ended up not being able to make it to at the last minute. A lot of us have become best friends, attended each other's weddings, and have even been asked to be BMs in each other's weddings :) (I'm one of @GoldenPenguin's BMs!!!!). 

• Options
    @southernpeach89 - Happy happy birthday :)

All NOLAG2G attendees - I'll miss you guys! It sucks having to make grown-up decisions and not getting to go on ALL the trips. Especially since I'll be in NOLA next weekend... #SoCloseAndYetSoFar

Yes, The AZG2G was awesomesauce. Luckily I met @swazzle when she was in DC a few months ago (though my god, I still have nightmares about that hangover). @GoldenPenguin hasn't graced the DC area with her presence yet. She should do that soon. (Do you come down to play George Mason? American? Georgetown??)

My weekend:
    Friday night I will be carbo loading
    Saturday I'm running 16 miles. I'm a little nervous, since I've never run that far before, but I've done pretty well with my training, so I'm ready to attack it and get it done. It should take me about 3 hours and 10 minutes.
    Saturday night DH is going to see a Led Zeppelin cover band, and I'm going to meet one of my GFs for a glass of wine
    Sunday we are going to our town's Oktoberfest. It's walking distance, which is SO NICE. The weather is supposed to be perfect.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Options

Whoa, that sounds really cool that you have all gotten so close! Did your husbands find it weird at first? Like mine lets me go out and do whatever I want with whomever I want, but if I said I was flying across the country to meet internet girls he would be like uuuum, I don't know about that. You know, it does sound a little sketchy the first time hahah.

That's really awesome though. I wish I wasn't so busy at work so I could be on here more and get to know you guys more because it does seem like a really great group of people!

• Options
    HAVE SO MUCH FUN @swazzle and @csousa1 and @buddysmom80 and @hummingbird125!!!

This weekend is going to be awesome (though not nearly as awesome as the NOLA girls) because we have nothing planned!!

On Friday, I will be working.  My kids were good today so I'm looking forward to tomorrow.  I have an impending observation one of these days (informal but still) so I'm like "BE GOOD GUYS" lol.  My H might be golfing or might be working for a few hours (he's off tomorrow but is working overtime this pay period, so might go in for a few hours) and then the pool leak guy is coming to detect where our pool is leaking (that's probably self explanatory...lol)  I hope it's not going to be a million dollars to fix, but it probably will be.

On Saturday and Sunday, we will be working on my H's "weekend list" haha - I don't know what it says yet, but probably "take down more wallpaper" is pretty high on the list!  Maybe even spackle!  And sanding.  Eventual paint, but probably not this weekend, not sure.  I also kinda want to work a bit on unpacking the workshop so we can get that up and running.

AND WE NEED CHLORINE.  It has rained like 5+ inches over the last week and therefore, there is very little chlorine left in our pool lol.  I dumped our last half jug in this afternoon and am just glad the whole pool isn't green.  Hopefully the chlorine I added will kill some of the algae.  And hopefully it starts drying up soon because we now have a river and two lakes in our yard and we basically live on a mushroom farm, lol.  Good times.
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • Options
    @cu97tiger - Kick ass tomorrow! You're amazing <3

@jenna8984 - I met an old poster for dinner/drinks one night in the city, that was the first time I'd done that and H (then FI) was like "please don't get murdered." Alas, I survived :) After that I drove to @GoldenPenguin's for a girl's night along with @helloliv. So when I wanted to book flights to go to @cu97tiger's house he was totally ok with it since I managed to not get killed at the first few NEY encounters hahaha

• Options
    @jeanna8984 - The girls I've met (just a few, unfortunately) on here are awesome. H thought it was odd at first but he ended up meeting them later on too and agreed at their awesomeness. :)
  • Options

Nice!! DH is far more paranoid than me, he offers to come when I'm just meeting someone at a parking lot to sell them wedding items and I'm like no it's fine! He once freaked because I left my phone and keys at home to go talk to the neighbor and he didn't know and thought I was kidnapped. lol.

At my old job I could have been online ALL day to get better aquainted, but my new job is non stop work :( But my best friend just moved to Jersey City and I know a ton of you are around that area so maybe when I visit her we can meet! Have a super awesome time in New Orleans!!

• Options
    @cu97tiger Damn, 16 miles?! I ran a half marathon once in my life and once I crossed that finish line I laid down and died on the pavement. After that I never did more than 7 miles. Go you!

• Options
    jenna8984 said:

Whoa, that sounds really cool that you have all gotten so close! Did your husbands find it weird at first? Like mine lets me go out and do whatever I want with whomever I want, but if I said I was flying across the country to meet internet girls he would be like uuuum, I don't know about that. You know, it does sound a little sketchy the first time hahah.

That's really awesome though. I wish I wasn't so busy at work so I could be on here more and get to know you guys more because it does seem like a really great group of people!

I've been to two here locally (Texas) and at first my H was like ummmm you're going where, to stay with who, and why?  He gets it more now that I've been twice and had a great time and didn't get dead like the others.
    Formerly doubless07
  • Options
    @southernpeach89, happy golden birthday!

@everyone going to NOLA, have fun!!

Tomorrow night FI and I are going to my parents' for supper, and so I can get a haircut from my stylist to trim everything up and make look nice. Perhaps this time I'll even be able to sleep on it [/sarcasm] - every time I've woken up for the last 2 weeks, half my hair has been sticking straight up. Not a great look.

Saturday I have a grant writing class in the middle of the day. Then after that's done - E-PICS!! I'm going to wear my grey sweater dress, hose, and boots (the hose are for skin tone evening), and pray that I don't sweat too much because it's supposed to be 80* but the trees are losing their leaves and changing colors. Thank you so much, fall of the Northern Plains.

Sunday is for football as always. This week FI's coworker gets the privilege of kicking my ass in fantasy - I'm 0-3 and the sad part is I'm actually trying to play the game. :(
  • Options
    jenna8984 said:
    @cu97tiger Damn, 16 miles?! I ran a half marathon once in my life and once I crossed that finish line I laid down and died on the pavement. After that I never did more than 7 miles. Go you!
    I've done 6 half marathons. After 4 of them, I said I'd never do another one again. Now I'm training for a full. I think I've lost my damn mind. On a happy note, though, I'm also losing weight, so it's probably worth it :)

• Options
    Happy birthday @southernpeach89‌!!

I'm already in NOLA. :) so far, Elle and I have consumed crab cakes and étouffée, shopped for booze, welcome bags, and a little airport surprise.

We're crashing in a hotel lobby right now because I needed a nap since I got up at 5 am. Boo early flights!

I am so stoked to see @Swazzle‌ @Hummingbird125‌ @buddysmom80‌ and @csousa1‌ in one more sleep!! J will be here in three hours, which we'll kill with sno balls and a little more shopping.

So yea, food, booze, and BFF snuggles all weekend. I'm set.
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • Options

@NOLA ladies., hope you guys have an amazing weekend! Sounds like it will be a blast!

@bethsmiles, happy anniversary to you and your BF!

@kaitlynmichelle, belated congratulations!!

@southernpeach89, hope your birthday has been awesome! Does it feel different to be 25? When I had my 25th earlier this year I was the first birthday that's ever made me stop and be like, "I'm not strictly super-young anymore," lol.

@cu97tiger, I bow to you and your 16 miles! You're awesome!

@KeptInStitches, yay for e-pics! I hope the weather isn't too hot, fall is supposed to feel NICE.

This weekend is gonna be the suck for me.

Tomorrow is grocery shopping and other errands, lunch with my best friend, and work in the evening for a little while. An old friend from college asked me to go climbing with him at a nearby gym afterward, but I'm not sure I'm gonna go. Hopefully tomorrow I'll get some good news about my NCLEX!

Saturday and Sunday I work twelves (at least they're daytime!). I'm not excited; my partner is the new girl who is still not very confident and needs a lot of help, and I am also orienting a new CNA. They are both really sweet and I like them, but this group of patients is pretty involved, and I just wish I was working with someone who had more experience this weekend.

• Options
    jenna8984 said:

I went to the first one in AZ when I was still a newb. My then-BF (lolwut) was okay with it only because my cousins were local in AZ and I went and stayed with them first. They also dropped me off at @cu97tiger‌'s house and circled around the neighborhood until I texted them the all clear.

Elle was my first TK-er to meet. It was an awesomely awkward breakfast at our favorite local pancake/pie joint.

My favorite gtg has still been the Finger Lakes one. The house was so nice, the drive was awesome, the wineries were great, getting to relax for hours was incredible, and omg the gin we drank. I'll never forget @helloliv convincing us all to strip naked and jump in the lake at 2 am.
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • Options
    audrewuh said:

I went to the first one in AZ when I was still a newb. My then-BF (lolwut) was okay with it only because my cousins were local in AZ and I went and stayed with them first. They also dropped me off at @cu97tiger‌'s house and circled around the neighborhood until I texted them the all clear. Elle was my first TK-er to meet. It was an awesomely awkward breakfast at our favorite local pancake/pie joint. My favorite gtg has still been the Finger Lakes one. The house was so nice, the drive was awesome, the wineries were great, getting to relax for hours was incredible, and omg the gin we drank. I'll never forget @helloliv convincing us all to strip naked and jump in the lake at 2 am.
    Ha ha I did not know this!!

• Options
    Aw man, all these G2G sound like so much fun. Did we ever decide on doing a southern g2g? Because I'd totally be up for meeting in Atlanta...

My weekend is going to start as soon as I finish this post. I'm going over to BF's to do our private anniversary celebration (and FIND OUT WHAT MY PRESENT IS!!) and I'm staying over there for the night as I have no classes tomorrow. 

I have work tomorrow afternoon and then BF and I are going out to dinner at our favorite place and I get to dress all fancy. Then the rest of the weekend will be spent doing homework and helping my brother move.

I hope all you NOLA girls have fun!!

• Options
    @cu97tiger my friend is training for her second marathon. she's done a couple half marathons. I think she's insane. She said this will probably be the last one she does. I can barely run for a minute straight so good for you for going for it!

• Options
    @FoxandBunny Ohhh have fun tonight! Let us know all about the alleged not-a-pony. :)

@cu97tiger I'm in awe of you and your running abilities. That's so impressive! Good luck at the marathon!

• Options
    I hope everyone in NOLA has a blast this weekend! I have a busy weekend myself- to match my awfully busy week.

Tomorrow after work I plan on going to happy hour only for a little bit, since I have to pick up FI's suit at the cleaners before 4pm. I'm then going to girl's night at my friend's new house. We are all teachers from the same grad school cohort, and we haven't been able to hang out since the summer. Lots of stories will be shared I'm sure. 

Saturday I will do a fair share of paperwork and house cleaning. Then I will get ready for my cousin's wedding! Our family has gone through the wringer this summer- my aunt (the groom's mother) passed away very unexpectedly in June and the groom's grandfather passed away two weeks ago. Everyone wants everything to go perfectly for them, since the couple has dealt with so much grief and sadness throughout their planning. I know it will be one of the happiest days ever.

Sunday morning I'm going to wake up bright and early for an ovarian cancer walk. One of my coworker's parents passed away from ovarian cancer and FMIL had many scares and recently had a hysterectomy. After that I plan on relaxing for a bit and prepping lunches for the week. 

I just hope next week isn't as brutal as this week was at school. 
  • Options
    I started the weekend early with booze consumption. FI and I went to BWW tonight and I already regret it - that regret you feel right away where you're going "oh I am going to PAY for this"? That's where I am. So I am KUI, not knitting under the influence, and watching my fantasy team and football pick spiral down the drain. Weirdly enough, none of it is as annoying as it should be ...
  • Options
    I will comment on all of this later (wasn't around much today, gah), but I am jealous of the NOLA girls and wish I could have gone and I'm LOLing at @audrewuh's comment about stripping naked and jumping in the lake. That was epic. Between that and the twerking, that trip was amazing. <3
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Love & Splits
    A blog about running and life with pituitary tumors
  • Options
    @cu97tiger - you are a beast!!  good luck on your 16 miles!!!

I've met one NEYer when she was in the state for some training, @flygirlmeg.  we don't see her on TK anymore but I loved her and wish more knotties would come through my area of the country!!!

I plan on going through @southernpeach89 & @LaPeanut1018's area sometime in the next year, and H and I want to have another HM in Boston again, so more G2G might be in my future!
  • Options
    Somehow I missed this thread yesterday.  To all the ladies going to NOLA, have lots of fun!! The NEY get-togethers sound awesome! 

FoxandBunny was it a pony?!!?

@southernpeach89 happy belated birthday! 

I actually have no idea what's going on this weekend other then home repair stuff.  

• Options

Boooo, I was at a "staff retreat" yesterday afternoon and crazy busy in the morning!

But now it's Friday so I'll play

@everyonegoingtoNOLA - Have a super weekend!!

@eilis1228 - YAY dresses next weekend! Have a fun time :)

@bethsmiles and @FoxandBunny - Happy anniversary!!

@southernpeach89 - Happy late birthday, I hope you had a great day :)

@cu97tiger - Yay carbs, enjoy them all!! And good luck tomorrow, I'm sure you will kick ass.

@jenna8984 - My FI calls the girls on this site my invisible friends. We're going to Florida in November and there was/is(?) talk of maybe meet @Blue & White and he thinks it's weird. I don't care, I'm sure I won't die.

This weekend is busy...again. FI and I and my sister and her BF are taking my parents out for dinner tonight for their anniversary; they'll have been married 35 years on Monday :)

I'm staying at my parents' tonight because tomorrow my mom and sister and I have to go to a meeting for the camp that we're involved with; we're on the planning committee and our first meeting is tomorrow so it'll be nice to see a few friends and whatnot, but it'll be a long day. Tomorrow night FI and I will hopefully just relax and watch a movie or something.

Sunday is church, addressing STDs, maybe meeting up with friends, back to church. And then I will collapse into bed because this week has been so busy and all I want to do all weekend is sleeeeeeep!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    @jenna8984 - My now FI was skeptical about the whole online thing because I originally was on NEY and became friends with these ladies when I was dating someone else. I told him how I met these ladies when @helloliv was visiting us one weekend, and he was a little weirded out - because he thought that I was totally BSC and wanted to get married RIGHT THIS SECOND. 

But then we talked about it & he knew that I wasn't BSC - and that my ex-BF was a total douche - and met more of the girls, and now he loves them all as much as I do. And yes, @swazzle is one of my bridesmaids - and many of the friends on my guest list are from here :) 

*******************************************************************************************

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards