October 2014 Weddings

10/4 ladies - single digits!!!!

And I'm obsessively checking the 10 day everyday, not sleeping, and generally screwing things up with my space brain at work.

What's left? How are you feeling? Are you ready?

Re: 10/4 ladies - single digits!!!!

• i do't post much but I am a 10/4 bride here and I think it finally hit me holy crap I'm getting married in 9 days!! soo excited :)
  • I'm a wreck! I'm wishing I would have taken a day off this week to work on wedding stuff. It's not like I'm focusing on anything at work anyway. My fiance leaves today to go pick up his parents (who are staying at our house...sigh) and won't be home until Saturday night.
  • I just checked our 10 day forecast! It's looking okay.. but not as sunny as I was hoping!

The single digits really made it "click" in my mind what's about to happen! It's getting real!

What are you guys doing to prepare now?

Last night I made my day-of emergency kit, started packing for honeymoon, wrapped presents for MOH & FI and wrote FI a letter to go with his present. 

This weekend I will:
    -Bachelorette/lingerie party
    -Clean vases & champagne glasses
    -Organize all the centerpieces & decor
    -continue packing for honeymoon
    -call all my setup helpers to give them instructions
    -meet with MC & DJ to go over timeline

I'm so useless at work right now.. I kind of feel bad, but I just cannot concentrate!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
  • I'm in the same boat as most of you :)

So many little details to take care of, but it's all nicely coming together.

Also, TOTALLY USELESS at work! 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• bekt14 said:
    I just checked our 10 day forecast! It's looking okay.. but not as sunny as I was hoping!

The single digits really made it "click" in my mind what's about to happen! It's getting real!

What are you guys doing to prepare now?

Last night I made my day-of emergency kit, started packing for honeymoon, wrapped presents for MOH & FI and wrote FI a letter to go with his present. 

This weekend I will:
    -Bachelorette/lingerie party
    -Clean vases & champagne glasses
    -Organize all the centerpieces & decor
    -continue packing for honeymoon
    -call all my setup helpers to give them instructions
    -meet with MC & DJ to go over timeline

I'm so useless at work right now.. I kind of feel bad, but I just cannot concentrate!

@bekt14 - What did you put in your emergency kit?  I'm in the processing of making mine and could use any suggestions you might have! I don't want to go overboard but want to have a few things just in case.  So far I have:

Advil

Tums

Sewing Kit

Deodorant

Clear nail polish

Nail file

Eye drops

Kleenex

• add a Tide Stick!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I suppose I should add that I'm a total crab at work right now. I swear it's like everyone is turning things in incorrectly or half finished or late, just to see what sort of reaction they're going to get out of me.

This weekend I plan on organizing all the things in our house. Separating the stuff that goes to the reception site from the stuff that goes to the church for the ceremony from the stuff that goes to the church for the rehearsal dinner.
  • My day is on the 5th and I'm obsessively checking the weather forecast too, for the wedding zip code and the honeymoon destination! FI told me not to stress or obsess over the predictions but I can't help it!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • We just finally got a new bartender today - yay!

This weekend, I am going out to our venue and dropping off all of the welcome bags for all of the guests, and making one last (hopefully the last) shopping trip to stock up on whatever additional alcohol we need for the reception.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • itsmestacey123
    I went to Wal-Mart and literally bought every single item on the travel toiletries section (where they have mini-versions of everything). I got a couple, some for taking on the plane to honeymoon and some for emergency kit. 

Here's my emergency kit:
    -Vaseline
    -Q-Tips
    -Kleenex
    -Flip flops
    -Hand Towel
    -Mini-sewing kit 
    -Safety pins
    -Breath Mints
    -Tide Stick
    -Mini-Hair spray
    -Clear Nail polish
    -Chap Stick
    -A variety pack of band-aids
    -Blister patches
    -Fashion double sided tape
    -scissors
    -nail clippers
    -tweezers
    -Wrinkle remover spray
    -Bobby Pins
    -Lotion

There's probably more that I'm forgetting. 
    Let me tell you girls, in past weddings I've been in- we have used this stuff like crazy. You don't think you'll need it now, but something will happen and you will be SO glad you have it!

Anniversary
  • Don't forget to put together tip envelopes for the vendors you'll be tipping the day of the wedding. Have everything allocated out and labeled so you can just hand them out (or have someone like your mom, MOH, whoever, hand them out) the day of the wedding.

• TeddiD34 said:
    add a Tide Stick!
    Those are AWESOME by the way. I keep one in my purse!
  • I also read that having chalk in your emergency kit was a good idea. If you get something on your dress early on in the evening, apparently you can color over it with chalk to hide it (at least for a little while). I'm sure it doesn't work 100% of the time, but for $1 worth trying! :)

• Don't forget to put together tip envelopes for the vendors you'll be tipping the day of the wedding. Have everything allocated out and labeled so you can just hand them out (or have someone like your mom, MOH, whoever, hand them out) the day of the wedding.

Which vendors should you tip on the day of the wedding? I assume not anyone who includes a gratuity line in the contract?

I started checking the 10 day weather forecast yesterday. They are calling for rain here on 10/4. Our ceremony is supposed to be outdoors so I'm bummed.
  • @Ginpup We plan to tip our photographer's second shooter, the DJ's assistant, and the catering waitstaff. You should also plan to tip any delivery people (unless it's the actual business owner making the delivery). Our florist delivers her stuff directly as does our baker so I'm not tipping them. Also plan to tip any bartenders the day of as well.

Don't stress over the rain! They were calling for rain the day of my sister's wedding the entire week before but the day before it cleared up and we were able to have her ceremony outside. The forecast will change 50 million times between now and Saturday!

• One week to go!  I am excited and wanting it to be over all at the same time.  All of sudden, people are needing rides to the wedding?  I don't get it.

• 5 days! How are you girls doing? 
    What are you doing this week?
    Today: Clean apartment & Help FI pack for honeymoon
    Tomorrow: Laser Hair removal appt., organize wedding stuff, last night with FI
    Wednesday: Sister/BOH arrives- mani & Pedi/girl time
    Thursday: Parents & other sister arrive, pick up dress
    Friday: Friends & family arrive, girls brunch, rehearsal, rehearsal dinner
    Saturday: Wedding!!!
    Anniversary
  • I'm SOOO excited for our first October weddings this week!!!! I can't believe we're nearly there!! I hope all of you ladies share photos and stories ASAP!

• I am too, can't wait to hear your stories and see pics!!!!
  • Eeeeeeee.

Today: Homework in AM, work in PM.
    Tuesday: Work in AM, school in PM.
    Wednesday: Nails in AM, dropping off stuff at parents's house for them to drive up to the wedding (we are flying). Work in PM. Homework sometime (hopefully).
    Thursday: Work in AM, school in PM. Packing for wedding/HM.
    Friday: Travel to Napa, homework in airport. Dinner. Sexy times(?). Drop stuff off with wedding coordinator/bakery. Meet with officiant.
    Saturday: Homework probably. Family arrives. Rehearsal dinner.
    Sunday: WEDDING. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
  • I'm stressed to the max. Yesterday I had church, then groceries, then a 4 hour round trip to pick up my youngest from her dad's, then dinner with my inlaws and parents.
    Today work
    Tuesday work
    Wednesday work until noon, then cook one million pounds of bacon
    Thursday cook one million pounds of mac & cheese, then a 4 hr round trip to get my youngest again. also picking up cake
    Friday nails in the morning, picking up the rest of the food after. Setting up the reception site after lunch. Then rehearsal and rehearsal dinner and decorating the church.
    Saturday I'm being a princess and not doing a damn thing but getting married.
  • kebebb said:
    I'm stressed to the max. Yesterday I had church, then groceries, then a 4 hour round trip to pick up my youngest from her dad's, then dinner with my inlaws and parents.
    Today work
    Tuesday work
    Wednesday work until noon, then cook one million pounds of bacon
    Thursday cook one million pounds of mac & cheese, then a 4 hr round trip to get my youngest again. also picking up cake
    Friday nails in the morning, picking up the rest of the food after. Setting up the reception site after lunch. Then rehearsal and rehearsal dinner and decorating the church.
    Saturday I'm being a princess and not doing a damn thing but getting married.
    100% love. Me too :)
  • I'm so excited for all of you early October brides!  I can't wait to hear everything!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards