Plus-Sized

Wide Width Shoe Scavenger Hunt!

Hello!

I'm coming to everyone here after a long search for shoes! Let me explain a little what I'm looking for, and maybe people here will have some ideas of where I can look that I haven't yet. I reallllllly want a plum (or some type of rich deep purple) open toe wedge (with a heel of at least 2-2 1/2 inches) for my wedding day. I would ideally like it in a wide size for the comfort aspect of wearing it all day, but at this point I would just love to find some that are cute, but I'm also willing to style them up with a clip on jewel or something like that. I also would prefere a a wedge that is not made out of a hemp material.

Here is an example of something that I LOVE, come in a wide size, and are dressy, but doesn't come in a color that would make sense for what I'm going for or what I would be happy with (although if the pink heel glitter wasn't SO over the top, I might be adding those to my cart as I type): http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/j-renee-chrissy-pump/3776504?cm_cat=datafeed&cm_ite=j._renee_'chrissy'_pump:999182_1&cm_pla=shoes:women:pumps&mr:referralID=eaf981cd-3632-11e4-9a8f-001b2166becc

Any help would be so greatly appreciated! I have tried all of the sites such as Macys, zappos, amazon, nordstrom, dyeable shoe outlets, 6pm, shoebuy, Etsy... I'm hoping someone knows of something. Thanks!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wide Width Shoe Scavenger Hunt!

• Do you have a price range? I know another bride on here had good luck designing her own shoe through Shoes of Prey in order to get the wide shoe - but it is pricey!

Anniversary
  •  

Do you have a price range? I know another bride on here had good luck designing her own shoe through Shoes of Prey in order to get the wide shoe - but it is pricey!
    I've actually been on the site and didn't find something I loved for the price. As for a price range, I'm hoping to keep it under $100. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • It is hard to find good, decent wide width shoes. I'm in between a wide and regular, but I wear a size 11, and I am taller than my FH, so I am trying to find some flats. The problem is, I really want blue flats. Like you, I don't want to spend too much either. David's Bridal had some wide widths and bigger sizes (11), have you looked online at them?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • It is hard to find good, decent wide width shoes. I'm in between a wide and regular, but I wear a size 11, and I am taller than my FH, so I am trying to find some flats. The problem is, I really want blue flats. Like you, I don't want to spend too much either. David's Bridal had some wide widths and bigger sizes (11), have you looked online at them?

I have looked but couldn't find any I liked/loved. Last night I actually made a decision to try the DIY glitter shoes route... yikes?! I found a pair of wedges for $19 on Amazon, and I'm going to attempt the modge podge diy glittler application. Worse case is that it looks awful and I'm back to square one! Wish me luck! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • You got it! I was contemplating something similar, I have seen etsy pages where they take cheap Payless Shoe Source flats, glitter them up and charge $40-60 a pair.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • They aren't under $100, but I made my own shoes on shoesofprey.com.  They come in W and WW.

I think I had exactly what you were describing. A wedge, open toe.

Wedding Black & White, Sepia
  • You got it! I was contemplating something similar, I have seen etsy pages where they take cheap Payless Shoe Source flats, glitter them up and charge $40-60 a pair.

Yes! I have found a lot of really good tutorials! I'm definitely going to try it. I'll keep you posted. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Just wanted to keep you updated... this is totally the way to go!! I glittered my shoes this weekend and they turned out great! I'm so happy with them. I took a pair of $19 shoes from Amazon and made them into a pair that I am going to be way happier with the day of! I attached the before picture for a little context. 

I may add a little shoe clip that is jeweled and not over the top but still cool... haven't decided yet!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • There's a company out of Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin called B.A. Mason - they specialize in hard to fit feet.  I found my wedding shoes at their outlet store, but their online store is shoemall.com and bamason.com.  Should something not fit properly, they're fantastic about returns. 

I hate to say it, <face palm> but check out the drag queen stores - you'd be amazed at the cute shoes in wide-widths you can find there...

• @pennyluwho‌ great job!!! I love them!! I am still on the hunt but I have a year!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I love what you did with those wedges! For anyone still looking, there's a brand that can be a little pricey but has great quality in my experience called Barefoot Tess. Generally these are for larger size shoes (I wear a 13!!!) but they also come in wider options. Check it out :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards