October 2014 Weddings

Forecast for Wedding!

I am so excited to see our forecast for our wedding on 10/5/2014. The Forecast for our wedding so far its going to be 67 degrees and sunny with a 10% chance of rain. But this can always change! What's the forecast for your wedding day? 

Re: Forecast for Wedding!

• That sounds great!! I looked today, mine is 10/11 so I don't fully trust the accuracy but it said abundant sunshine and 63 degrees.
  • Don't talk to me.  I'm currently looking at a high of 40, with a lead in of low 50's the week before and a possibility of two days of snow/rain that week.

Darn you, Canada.

**The OMH formerly known as jsangel1018**
  • I'm also 10/11 - forecast high of 83 and sunny; low of 57. Perfect fall Texas day!
  • High of 45 degrees. Cloudy with rain/snow showers. Ick. Typical fall in Minnesota! The forecast will change a million times between now and then - I'm not putting too much thought into it yet. 
  • 68 with a 50% chance of rain. Lots of praying by me.
  • High of 81 with 0% chance of rain!!!! Wish it would get just a little cooler :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • 65 and cloudy with a chance of rain. It's changed every day for two weeks though so I'll pay attention on Thursday. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Too far out for mine -- 3 and a half weeks to go -- but we're ranging from mid 60s to mid 70s right now. I hope it holds out! The average high for my wedding day is 66 here, and we are planning for an outdoor ceremony and cocktail hour.
  • 10/4 high of 60, 40% chance of rain!
  • I know it's too far out to predict, but mine has changed to:
    Mainly Cloudy
    Hi 85
    Lo 68

I like the Mainly Cloudy thing... but before it was sunshine all week and the day before they now have 'An Afternoon Thunderstorm or two'.  I'm really hoping to be able to use my outside venue instead of the ugly red room!!

This is the ugly backup location -- In the end, it's ok I guess if we have to use it

Anniversary
  • jaz3088jaz3088 member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary First Answer
    edited September 2014
    10/11 - 72 and cloudiness with chance of rain.... :/ 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Too far out for even an extended forecast (10/18). However, the average temp for me is 75 with a historic high of only 82. Average rainfall is pretty low. October for us is usually sunny and warm with very little rain so I'm feeling pretty good about the weather right now.

• Too far out for even an extended forecast (10/18). However, the average temp for me is 75 with a historic high of only 82. Average rainfall is pretty low. October for us is usually sunny and warm with very little rain so I'm feeling pretty good about the weather right now.
    Accuweather has a 45 day out Extended forecast - it's so inaccurate but extremely fun to play with!

Anniversary
  • We've got High of 85, low of 60, sunny and 0% chance of rain!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
  • 85 - sun and some clouds.  I'll take it!
    Accuweather has a 45 day out Extended forecast - it's so inaccurate but extremely fun to play with!

Oh I love you.  That's what I was stressing over!  I'm 10/18 and the forecast isn't that great right now...calm yourself, it'll change.  I think what compounded it was that my grandmother told me that if there's snow on the ground, they're not coming.  Despite the fact that they would be driving with three of my (very competent and confident winter driver) uncles - they just straight up wouldn't come.  I'm still smarting from that a bit.
    **The OMH formerly known as jsangel1018**
  • 57 and mostly sunny. I want to swap with Sunday. 70 and mostly sunny sounds better to me. No chance of rain though, so that's nice.
  • tabathafayetabathafaye member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited September 2014
    Where are you 10/11 brides getting the forecast? Weather.com only goes out to the 9th! 

Edited: OH I found it on accuweather.com 84 and sunny with some clouds.
    ---
    tabbicakes 

133 image     74 image     59   image   
    RSVP Date: September 20

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Mine changed to
    Partly Sunny with a few showers
    Hi 83
    Lo 66

"Sun and some clouds with a couple of showers, mainly later" - what is 'later'.... as long as later is after 9:30pm; I'm cool with that . . . IF this forecast stays, it's not like 13 days out or anything ;o)

Anniversary
  • Mine made a complete change to mostly cloudy with showers and high of 75. I'm not looking at that site again! I'm going to wait until my date shows up on local weather. My wedding is all indoors but it would be nice to have the sun shining down on the fall leaves in the background...our room is two walls of all windows.
  • Mine has updated too! It's looking fantastic now: high of 75 with 0% rain chance!!!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Mine says Cloudy w/ a Thunderstorm!!!!! It better freaking NOT!!!!!!
  • Our temperature just plummeted! Yesterday it was 86 and now it's 78 high and 59 low- sunny! I hope it's right! That will be beautiful! 
    Anniversary
  • I'm usually a lurker, but I had to say that mine is 66, breezy/cloudy with 80% chance of rain. I'm pretty bummed to have to move my ceremony indoors.
  • I'm able to get the hourly forecast for our wedding now!
    Low 50's while I'm getting ready in the morning, Mid 50's while I take pictures, Low 60's when the wedding starts! 
    Anniversary
  • High of 74, 0% chance of rain but really cloudy. Hopefully the sun peaks through just for pictures!
  • Mine is changing...now showing a chance of rain that morning...we are 9 days out, so fingers crossed!
  • And now it's back to Hi 82 Lo 68 small chance for a thunderstorm - mostly sun.

My silly 'superstition' had me buy rain ponchos for the welcome bags just in case . . . I felt if I bought them and was prepared we wouldn't need them.  When I told FI that I wanted them, he was just like 'We don't need them', then I explained why and he said 'OK, if it's worth $20 for peace of mind, get them'.

Anniversary
  • bekt14 said:
    Our temperature just plummeted! Yesterday it was 86 and now it's 78 high and 59 low- sunny! I hope it's right! That will be beautiful! 
    Ours went from 84 to 88, and now it's down to 79. I would love for it to be 75 and partly cloudy.
    ---
    tabbicakes 

133 image     74 image     59   image   
    RSVP Date: September 20

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• (Yes I'm up at 5:45am because the car is picking us up to take us to the airport at 8am and my brain is just too excited to sleep!)

Looks like it'll be hot on Sunday! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards