October 2014 Weddings

Ceremony Music

The one thing I put off/didnt think about, and now we are three weeks until the big day. I am so stumped. What are you guys doing for your Prelude, Processional, Bride Entrance and Recessional music? I know that I want to have Canon in D playing as the Processional but as for everything else, NO CLUE! :)

Re: Ceremony Music

• Kerigirl9Kerigirl9 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited September 2014
    Prelude - DJ choice of instrumental music 
    Moms, bridesmaids and flower girl processional - Canon in D (has always been my absolute favorite wedding song) 
    Bride processional - A Thousand Years (Cristina Perri)
     Song after Welcome - Marry Me (played and sung by my good friend) 
    Recessional - Happy (my boy Pharrel)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Prelude/Processional- Arioso by Bach
    Bridal Processional - Butterfly Waltz by Brian Crain
    Recessional - Best Day of my Life by American Authors
  • I'm not a Canon in D type of person so we are doing some. not typical stuff. Processional is Hallelujah by Jeff Buckley, bridal processional is Let Me Call You Sweetheart, and recessional is Everybody Loves Somebody. We've hired a string trio for our ceremony music.

• We're stuck with Disney or traditional unless I want to find sheet music.

Bridal Party:  A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes
    Bride:  When You Wish Upon A Star
    Recessional:  A Whole New World
    First Dance:  Tale As Old As Time (Beauty and the Beast)

I am still hoping the violist plays 'I See The Light' from Tangled and 'Can You Feel The Love Tonight' from Lion King.

Anniversary
  • Prelude is "Silly Love Songs" by Paul McCartney & The Wings (this is our "song" lol)

Processional is a instrumental version of a popular rock song that I have forgotten the name of at the moment oops...lol

Brides entrance is Canon in D

Recessional is instrumental version of "Don't Stop Believing" by Journey as heard in the movie The Wedding Singer

• Prelude is classical music, just whatever's on my iPod, with The Flower Duet as the final song.

Processional (for everyone) is I Choose You by Sara Bareilles.

Signing of the Register will be friends of ours doing the duet version of A Thousand Years.

Recessional will be the Doctor Who Theme (because we're nerds).

**The OMH formerly known as jsangel1018**
  • I kinda of put off the whole music choosing as well!! Prelude we are deciding between a few different songs covered by vitamin string quartet. Don't want to miss a thing (Aerosmith), take my breath away (Berlin), and hallelujah. Brides entrance is Somewhere over the rainbow by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole. And recessional will probably be don't stop believing covered by vitamin string quartet. What I am most worried and confused about is the entrance music for everyone into the reception!!! What is everyone doing for that?? Is your entire bridal party coming out to the same song, or different songs for each?
  • Wedding party is being introduced to Beautiful Day by U2. FI and I are being introduced to The intro to Crazy Train by Ozzy Osbourne. It's what they play at Patriots games and FI is a season ticket holder. He didn't ask for much :) Plus I think it's pretty funny.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • One of our groomsmen is actually just playing acoustic guitar, and we didn't specify any songs or anything. He'll play pretty music, and he knows how many 'changes' he needs to make to transition from general seating to special seating, to bridesmaids, flower girl, me. Then no music mid-ceremony, and he'll play again after we're announced and be done for photos.
  • I told my pianist to surprise me with the prelude. Processional is Maybe I'm Amazed, recessional is Here Comes The Sun. We don't have a separate bridal processional. Tiny church + small number of people walking.
  • You guys have really helped me nail it down - especially since this information is due TODAY to the wedding venue and DJ. We decided to go with - 

Prelude: The Wedding Song (Parents' request), and DJ Choice
    Processional: Canon in D
    Bride: Wedding March (Going traditional...)
    Recessional: You're My Best Friend, by Queen. 

I was a little hesitant with using vocal for the recessional since everything else with be instrumental, but I figured nothing wrong with getting more upbeat and getting people ready for the reception!
  • We are hiring a guitarist and he is playing acoustic versions of Beatles songs while guests are arriving.  Then: 
    Starlight- for the processional 
    The Prayer- for my dad and my entry
    All You Need Is Love- for our exit
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
  • Prelude - whatever our harpist feels is wedding-appropriate

Processional - chorus part of Game of Thrones main theme (played by live harpist)

Bride/father walk - bridge of Game of Thrones theme

Recessional - Highway to Hell - AC/DC

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @weeniedogs - our parent dance is to the Wedding Song :)

I forgot to mention, since there's been a couple of Game of Thrones things - we're entering the reception to the Rains of Castamere.  Hoping for a bit of a different outcome to our wedding!

**The OMH formerly known as jsangel1018**
  • Prelude will be "Son of a Preacher Man."  His dad is a preacher and the traditional wedding march.
  • Our splurge was hiring a string quartet for the ceremony. Here's what we (really me) selected. Wedding Prelude Jesu, Joy of Man’s Desiring Allegro Maestoso Alla Hornpipe OPERA STRING QUARTET CLAIRE DE LUNE Serenade in G major Bach Air on the G string Orchestral Suite No.3 in D major Trumpet Voluntary Prelude In C Major by Bach Bridesmaids Procession Canon in D Brides Procession Bridal March by Richard Wagner Candle lighting Memorial & Unity The Prayer by Celine Dion & Andrea Boccelli Bride / Groom Recessional Wedding March by Felix Mendelssohn Postlude Spring by Antonio Vivaldi la Rejouicssance by Handel Hornpipe in D by Handel
  • We are doing Christina Perri, A Thousand Years (a piano version) as the processional, and the recessional is Here Comes the Sun by the Beatles (also piano version)
  • I have Canon in D for the bridesmaids procession and Arinon by Enya for my bridal procession, but I haven't narrowed down the recessional....

All great songs, definitely love LOVE Game of Thrones as your processional music! Wish I had thought of it....

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• We're getting married in a church that encourages selections of traditional music. So the songs I picked are quite standard.

Seating of parents & bridal party- Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring

Bride - Canon in D

Recessional- Wedding March

• Prelude- whatever the organ lady wants to play
    Processional- canon in d (everyone)
    Recessional- fanfares moreut (sp?)

Reception entrance- thunderstruck ac/dc (played before our college's football games)
  • I honestly hadn't thought of a recessional song, but now that I am thinking of it, I may go with The Road by In This Moment.

Processional will likely be In Joy and Sorrow by HIM

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards