October 2014 Weddings

Are you nervous???

bekt14bekt14 member
First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment First Answer
edited September 2014 in October 2014 Weddings
Everyone keeps asking me this!! I've already been asked 3 times today by my coworkers.

I honestly don't feel nervous at all. Just a little stressed about getting everything done. But not nervous to be married. 

With everyone asking me this constantly, I almost feel like I should be nervous... 

Are y'all getting this question too? Are you nervous?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Anniversary

Re: Are you nervous???

• I thought I was handling things pretty well. I'm an event planner so the planning process has been pretty easy for me. A little stressful, but nothing big.

Then today I was in Michael's picking something up and I saw a "Just Married" sign. FI had wanted to do some posed shots in our new convertible with a sign after the wedding and so I texted it to him because I figured that would be perfect. He called and said it looked great. How long is it? It's 7 feet long..... 7 FEET LONG?!!! That's way too huge. I was so upset that I hadn't checked the size that I burst into tears right in the middle of Michaels.

But no, I'm not stressed. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm nervous! Or I was last week. I hadn't had any "getting married" nerves all throughout our engagement but it hit me last week like "holy shit we're really getting married soon". However you are feeling is fine though, everyone feels differently.
  • I'm starting to get nervous about the day..I don't like being the center of attention at all and my FI is the exact opposite!  The walk down the aisle, and he wants our grand entrance to be just that!  Hope I don't look like a complete wreck!  But I am not nervous about marrying the love of my life.  I'm ready for it.
  • Agreed! I'm not nervous about the act of getting married...I'm nervous about all the pieces of the puzzle coming together!
  • I'm more nervous/worried whether people will have a good time. It's just dinner so I worry people will think it's boring. This is just the way I am when I am hosting any event of my own. This is probably why I rarely do host anything. Lol. I'm not nervous about getting married. Slightly nervous about all of the attention on me, too.
  • I've got a WHOLE range of emotions going on.  

Stressed (even of irrational things):
    I am shipping my dress down there and I'm already stressed about that (I decided it was the best option for me).
    Stressing about what expenses I forgot to consider.  (Irrational because we have enough to cover everything, a few things came in under budget so I'm sure we'll be right on target.)
    Stressing we won't bring enough cash to cover everything we need to cover.  (This is irrational because we can just go to an ATM.)
    I have to get my house cleaned up so FI can move some of his stuff in and also I have a pet sitter helping me out.
    After the wedding stuff - like getting my name switched over on EVERYTHING.
    I ended up with a stupid gap while FI and I are getting pictures done.  It's 1 hour and I don't know what to tell my guests to do during that time.
    I'm stressed that I overbooked our honeymoon because the way Disney has their Fastpass and advanced dining reservations.  It just feels like everything is all planned out and there's not much wiggle room to be spontaneous.

Angry:
    That my parents decided to not come to the wedding.
    That my brother took advantage of my parents to pay for his whole vacation (which I think is part of the reason they don't want to come, not the whole part, but a good chunk).

Other:
    I don't even know if I'm mad or what on this one - but FI's brother lives with him and they haven't even talked about 'living arrangements' after we're married.  In my eyes FI/DH won't be living in his house so his brother should take care of all the utilities and such, but they haven't had that conversation! 
    Impatient - I want a new house that works for FI and I and I want it N-O-W but I know it'll be 1+ years before that happens.

I'm not really nervous about the day... just mostly stressed I guess.

Anniversary
  • Nervous about the wedding day....nope! Nervous about everything non-wedding related...yep!!! 

I'm in grad school getting a PhD, next week I have two days of HUGE 8 hour exams. Studying has taken priority over all things wedding related for the last few weeks. Wedding chores have really been stacking up. Once I survive the exams I'll tackle that wedding to-do list and the nerves/excitement will really set in! 
  • @liepo005 - good luck on your exams!!!!

@Dignity100 - I'm very sorry that your parents aren't going.  I'm sure they have their reasons and will be there in spirit.  You will have a wonderful time nonetheless.  I would also be annoyed that your FI doesn't have a solid plan figured out with his brother...yeah, it's their business, but still, does he plan to pay bills at both houses or what?  Or does he just expect you to continue to pay bills at your place even when he moves in?

• @Dignity100 - I'm very sorry that your parents aren't going.  I'm sure they have their reasons and will be there in spirit.  You will have a wonderful time nonetheless.  I would also be annoyed that your FI doesn't have a solid plan figured out with his brother...yeah, it's their business, but still, does he plan to pay bills at both houses or what?  Or does he just expect you to continue to pay bills at your place even when he moves in?

My mom has social anxiety.  We talked with her about doing a DW with immediate family BEFORE we even tried to book the wedding (our other option was an at-home wedding where I couldn't get out of 150+ guests).  She said they were fine with it.  Now that it's closer she keeps saying 'I can't travel and I can't leave my cats'.  My dad hasn't gotten back to me if he's going or not, but he told my brother that if my mom didn't go he didn't feel right going . . . but he hasn't said this to me.  I emailed him asking him if he was coming and called him out on it.

I asked FI about what he thinks about his brother and the house.  He is expecting his brother to take over the utility bills, while we still cover the 'things' for the house (property taxes, insurance, etc).  They haven't had any of these conversations and we're less than a month away!  when I asked FI about it he was just like 'we don't talk about stuff like that'.  The other thing, I'm being pretty insistent the FI's brother gets renters insurance to make sure his stuff is all covered, FI doesn't seem to understand why.

Anniversary
  • i agree with the PPs who are ready to just Get It Done! been planning over a year and i'm so ready.

excited to be a wife.

annoyed with having the wedding be all my parents and lots of others can talk about.

nervous about being the center of attention.
  • @leideigh I am with you all the way. All anyone ever asks about is the wedding. and I am SUPER nervous about all the attention. I thought that I would enjoy it but now that we are so close to the wedding I feel very anxious about it. I can't wait until it's done and things will go back to normal!

• @mheller300 i'm glad i'm not the only one! what are you going to do about nerves?? when i get nervous i shake, and that's just sucky! i even got nervous dancing with a drag queen at my bachelorette!!

anyone else have advice on what to do when being nervous? what has worked?

• I shake too!! I was shaking when I walked into my shower, and when I hugged everyone. It was so embarrassing!!! I don't know what to do about it either, because I know it's going to be bad.
  • I'm not nervous to get married, really just nervous to get everything done and ready go to! We're having a destination wedding in Las Vegas, so I'd hate to leave anything important behind!!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I'm not nervous about getting or being married - we have lived together 5 years and have a 3 year old so we are already very much committed - we waited to do the wedding because we didn't want it to be a "because we got pregnant" sort of thing, just a personal preference. But I am super nervous about tripping on the way down the aisle. About looking like an idiot trying to dance (I am NOT a dancer, like, EVER). About forgetting to bring something or do something important before the wedding actually begins. About running out of time and not having time to just relax and be excited after the rehearsal dinner. About the florist (who I chose out of sheer I-hate-looking-at-flowers-and-this-guy-emailed-me-on-the-right-day) getting bouquets I at least like. ((Can you tell I'm not a flower person?) About my phone plan because we'll be checking in with our daughter and her grandparents once a day, most likely - and I have no idea what kind of phone charges we're looking at. I was feeling just busy, but it's safe to say I'm officially stressed.
  • I am just freaking out about the budget. It is so tight right now, it is kind of ridiculous.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I woke up in the middle of the night last night, partially due to the neighbors going up and down their wooden steps, but I was having some sort of panicked dream about the wedding and flowers or something WR. 

AND Budget???  I cannot stand going to the store anymore...I've spent so much money on odds and ends that you just don't even begin to think about, things you might need on the HM, etc.  I've never said this before but I HATE shopping for anything and everything right now.  I'm just tired of spending extra money, all for the big day.  I've got all of these beauty appointments coming up and I just don't even want to spend another dime!

• I'm with you girls about shaking! It happens when I don't even feel nervous sometimes- It's just a "fight or flight" mechanism when my body starts to pump adreneline. I'm a nurse and whenever there is a Code I get shaky hands--needless to say I'm not the designated IV inserter in emergency situations! It is gentic as well, my grandmother suffers from it and has trouble in public places when there is eating involved.

I was shaking when I entered my bridal shower also but quickly resided once my MOH handed me a mimosa and I drank about half of it. Maybe not the healthiest coping mechanism, but it worked! ANd I'm not a big drinker- a glass of wine or 2 once a month sitting by the fire if that.

My biggest fear is actually my shaky hands when my fiance is trying to put the ring on!!!

• I'm with you girls about shaking! It happens when I don't even feel nervous sometimes- It's just a "fight or flight" mechanism when my body starts to pump adreneline. I'm a nurse and whenever there is a Code I get shaky hands--needless to say I'm not the designated IV inserter in emergency situations! It is gentic as well, my grandmother suffers from it and has trouble in public places when there is eating involved.

I was shaking when I entered my bridal shower also but quickly resided once my MOH handed me a mimosa and I drank about half of it. Maybe not the healthiest coping mechanism, but it worked! ANd I'm not a big drinker- a glass of wine or 2 once a month sitting by the fire if that.

My biggest fear is actually my shaky hands when my fiance is trying to put the ring on!!!

Don't worry about it.  He'll just hold your hand with his opposite, and he'll get it on just fine :)
    **The OMH formerly known as jsangel1018**
  • I think the nerves are starting to hit me now...I don't necessarily "feel" nervous, but I definitely have less of an appetite and can't sit still. It's just nervous energy as the excitement builds!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards