Not Engaged Yet

Re: Another Monday

No-Uh had us up allllllllllllll night. Super fussy and no idea why. He's not sick. Guess it's just more of that sleep regression. I cried a few times with him. 
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• Ugh @beanbot2002 that's so rough! Just try to remember that it's temporary. I don't blame you for crying. I cry in the mornings now if I don't get enough sleep! This is for you:

This is for me:

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• eilis1228eilis1228 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited September 2014
    Ugh, Monday. It sounds like we're all feeling the Monday blues. 

I had a nice weekend, but Monday has already put me in a bad mood. Tons and tons of drama with my family, and my mom and I were crying together on the phone on my way into work. She and my step-dad and my brother keep having these huge massive fights where someone ends up leaving and sleeping elsewhere, and we're all at our wits' end. *sigh* I dunno what's going to happen there. I told her not to worry about buying my dress and set that money aside for my brother or sister, but she insisted that she'll buy my dress and be fine financially with my siblings' tuition and stuff. She had to bail on dress shopping this weekend because of all of the drama, but the boutique where I'm going this weekend has a lot of the same designers as the one we're going to on the 11th, so if I find one I really like, I'll probably be able to show her again on the 11th... But yeah, yay for family drama first thing in the morning.

I was also bombarded with a CRM issue this morning. I didn't even get to put the tea in my teacup before a coworker came running into my office complaining about the CRM glitching... and then when I checked, it really wasn't a huge glitch... it was honestly a really minor issue compared to what we've already dealt with, and then that coworker got all pissy that I didn't think it was a huge issue. Another coworker overheard and agreed with me, but now the first coworker is all miffed. lol. She's kinda dramatic though and makes a lot of mountains out of molehills. She's also in her mid-60s, so technology issues really throw her for a loop. Lol I can hear her cussing in her office, "OOOOOH EFFING STUPID FACE!" (in reference to the CRM, not me)

On today's agenda-- get allergy shots during lunch (and make a payment on them), get groceries after work, work out, collapse on couch. FI said he'll make dinner, so that's nice at least.

ETA: LOL totally not getting my allergy shots today. Just realized I would probably go into encephalitic shock if I did... I'm eating a PBJ for lunch (even though I have a mild peanut allergy--it just makes me bloat, so not a huge deal to eat them frequently), and I also forgot to take an anti-histamine this morning. So, no antihistamine + allergen already in my system would be a bad combo. Definitely waiting until tomorrow to do that. Glad I at least realized these things before having large doses of allergens injected into my system. 

Also, the owner of my wedding venue just contacted me to set up a planning session (she'll be DOC and also provides linens and some of the vendors and services and all that). Eek! Also going to potentially add a BM dress shopping appointment to Saturday's wedding dress shopping outing. This whole wedding planning thing is suddenly get very real! Holy crap!

• My weekend was alright.  We didn't do anything too crazy.  I've still been feeling sick, so that hasn't been fun.  DH and I ventured into a new part of the city, he got a new phone, and we did some shopping.  I DID find Urban Decay and Butter London nail polish at Nordstrom Rack for $5 each.  That was a pretty major score.

DH and I were a bit bickery this weekend, mostly because I was annoyed that he was on his phone so much.  (He was all SHINY BALL Syndrome, since it was new.  He kept talking about all it's new features...and I was all like FFS I get it.)  Also, since I've been sick a lot, our sex life has taken a major hit.  We do it around once a week now, and I sort of have to force myself to get into it.  I want to WANT to have sex, but I just don't.  Constantly feeling like you're gunna vomit will do that to you.  So the sexual frustration added to DH's shiny ball syndrome lead to a bit of the bickers.  But we're ok.  At least we got in some good snuggling.

Today is my mom's birthday.  I think I might actually start another post about that...

And this morning, I didn't want to get out of bed for ANYTHING.  I was all snuggled up with the cats and the alarm was blaring and I was like WHY GOD WHY.

I'm a barrel of laughs today.
  • I had fuzzy brain all weekend.  I totally blame it on the BCP I've been on the past few months.  I got to switch back to my old one that I really liked, so I'm looking forward to feeling normal again!!

I can't move my neck because I've got pain running all the way down my back.  ugh.

I want nothing to do with this Monday...glad I'm not alone.

First world problems whine: They've already turned the heat on in my building (bylaws), but it's still mid-20s outside and because I face west I get crazy afternoon sun. So my apartment is always super hot, and the air has no where to go. So between the hot and FI's snoring last night I hardly slept. Plus my shirt won't stay tucked in properly and one (very obvious) bit of hair decided not to stay curled and I have a shit-ton of work to do because another staff member can't get stuff back to me promptly.

I am not having any of this Monday. Yeah I know, I'm being a crabby baby.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @LaPeanut1018 - I completely agree about people and their lack of planning these days. It infuriates me to no end. Even if it is a simple BBQ or whatever...why can't you at least have the courtesy to let people know if your plans change? A wedding though?? Seriously - anyone who has been married should know better, but even if you haven't, just respond people!

@CocoBellaF - I hope your neck feels better soon!

MIL texted me for no real reason than because she was bored at 3:30 AM. Since I'd forgotten to silence my phone before bed last night and my alarm doesn't go off until 4:45...I was pissed. Actually not feeling too bad this morning though, so that's good.

• I'm not in the greatest of moods today. I just didn't want the weekend to end, it felt really short! BF and I had a great time celebrating our anniversary. We went up to the mountains on Saturday and on Sunday he made me dinner :) I was on my period though so no sex :(

Right now I'm trying to reschedule my personal training session but she can only do 1 or 4 which doesn't work because I have to teach today. I was hoping she could do an evening session but apparently not. I haven't decided if I really like my trainer or not yet. She's nice but I don't really feel 100% comfortable with her either.

I'm also not really looking forward to work today. My students did really shitty on their last speech and gave back grades during our last class. I'm expecting at least some to try to change my mind about the grade I gave them. Sometimes I can be a bit of a push-over and I'm really trying to change that so I don't intend on changing anyone's grades. I just really hate dealing with conflict.

• I don't feel too badly for a Monday actually.  Friday I had a girls night that was a lot of fun.  Saturday our server for the dining room came, it looks so nice.  So we finally put away all of our china.  We now need some pictures for the wall to decorate it.  I also did some clothes shopping too, got a few new shirts and sweaters for the winter and I barely spent any money thanks to birthday gift cards!!! Yesterday we met up with friends and their daughter to go to italian carnival.  Their daughter ( my soon to be god daughter) is almost 8 months old she is so adorable!!! I was sad to leave her. 

I have the dentist today, I hate the dentist so much.  I'm just hoping there is nothing major wrong or any cavities. 

Anniversary

• I am in a terrible mood today. I offered to take on a bunch of classes for a fellow grad student, but I'm regretting it now because it's a huge burden on my schedule today and next Monday.

I'm sleep deprived because I couldn't sleep, and then I woke up early to take a friend to the airport, and I had trouble getting back to sleep when I got home.

(WHINE TIME)

The friend I drove to the airport is a bit of a free-spirit adventuring nomad. And by that, I mean she's about to leave for a month to go slacklining in eastern Asia. She's one of my bridesmaids, and a couple months ago, she told me that her visa would have her back in the US by the wedding.

Last night, after dodging a question about the wedding, she told me that she really wasn't sure that she could make it now, from a financial standpoint.

What's getting me frustrated isn't that she might not be able to come to the wedding; that's something I've known for a while. It's not even that her financial situation might mean that she can't come; that's something that's prevented me from attending weddings.

What bothers me is that she's been REALLY dodgy about telling me anything about whether or not she can make it, and as we get closer to the wedding, I need to know certain information. My hair stylist needs to know, like, yesterday how many people are getting their hair done because the salon is opening just for us on the day of the wedding (I am paying for hair and make-up). My make-up artist will also need to know by the time I see her next week. I need to know what to tell my maid of honor, who keeps asking me if this other bridesmaid will need rides anywhere or if she'll need to share a hotel room, etc. etc.

And obviously, there's no hard deadline here besides the RSVP deadline in mid-October, but I'm just frustrated because my friend is avoiding the subject so professionally.

She's away for a couple days before she's coming back to Boston (she's staying with us), so I'm going to just let her know, she shouldn't be worried about disappointing me, but I'm going to need to know things sooner rather than later, and I need some concrete answers.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • I feel I didn't get enough done this weekend.

I had my final dress fitting - I love my dress and feel it was the perfect choice (I kept going back and forth on it because I felt guilty for how much it cost).  We bagged it up and are ready to get it shipped out - I have to find a box that will fit it!  When I got home, FI was still working.  I had asked him if we could go to the ring shop to get my ring cleaned up - the shop closed at 5; so FI had to hurry up and get all his work done.  After that we went to Target so I could pick up a prescription and a few other things, we went to dinner after that.  When we got home, I didn't feel like doing anything so we just watched TV.

Sunday we had to go over to FI's parents house for a get together.  We went to FI's house early so he could try on his suit with the shirt and tie and everything.  It looks really good (his BM keeps complaining that the shirts are 'yellow' because the shirts are off-white/cream and match my dress almost spot on).  When we got back to my house, we ended up just talking about finances as a few things have come up recently that have been unexpected.  We got everything all figured out, so no big deal, just a little added stress though.

I really need to start cleaning and de-cluttering/deep cleaning my house!  Tonight my plans are to give my dog a bath... clean up the backyard and then go to FI's for a little bit to go over a few things for the wedding, then we'll probably both come back to my house to unwind.

Anniversary
  • This weekend didn't really feel like much of a weekend at all. I got nothing done that I wanted to. Sigh. 

Friday night - I went out for drinks with my boss after work as usual. I ended up staying too late and overfunning. I got so many free beers because the bartenders love me so I got drunkish. I met some cool people, though, and my goal is to try to meet people in an organic way, so that was nice. One guy took my number and we'll see if he ever materializes. 

Saturday was one of the worst days ever. I'm so grossed out even thinking about it now. The short version is that I went to a client's house to cat-sit and had to pee. So I peed (JUST peed). Then I flushed. A mountain of shit erupted from the toilet --- shit that was clearly not mine --- and overflowed. I will spare you the details but I spent the next three hours cleaning. It was honestly the grossest experience of my life up to this point. It would have been more palatable (though still horrific) if it had been my own shit, but it was not. The client was hugely apologetic and my boss was appreciative of how I handled it. But oh my god, so so so so bad. 

The rest of Saturday was not much better. Again, long story short, I had gone on a few dates with a guy back in June. It didn't work out, fine. We still talk occasionally and he just bought a new home and was excited about it and wanted me to see it --- I'd helped him with a lot of questions about the home-buying process back when we went on dates. I reiterated that this was just a friend thing and he agreed. Went there, had a lovely dinner and hung out in his hot tub. Totally fine and platonic until he started trying to grope me in the hot tub. Turns out he wasn't REALLY ok with "just friends". I hightailed it out of there. I'm really disappointed in him. 

Sunday I went into work, then did more cat visits, then B and I went with his roommate and his roommate's girlfriend to King Richard's Faire. It's not really my scene but we had a fun time with the people we went with and it was good to experience it once. Here are two pictures from the day that I think are cute.

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Love & Splits
    A blog about running and life with pituitary tumors
  • speakeasy14speakeasy14 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited September 2014
    Seems like we're all in moods today.  I'm in a better mood today than I was this weekend. I had a huge meltdown all weekend. I hate depending on anyone, and being unable to drive or do anything on my own for the past two months is starting to really bother me. Along with those feelings, I'm pmsing, so I spent a good chunk of my weekend in tears. Bf has only seen me cry a handful of times so he had no idea what to do. I go to the Dr.'s Wednesday so let's hope he says that I can get out of this cast. 

LaPeanut1018 that is the most beautiful ribbon bouquet I have ever seen! I honestly thought it was silk flowers at first. 

Dignity100 yay for your dress being done! 

*edit* hahaha BF just sent me this saying he hopes I'm feeling better: image

• @phira: I'm sorry your friend is dodging the situation, especially since she's supposed to be one of your BMs. Regardless that the RSVP date is mid-October, I do feel like BMs have a responsibility to save the date and let you know earlier than that just because of what you mentioned -- hair/makeup, etc., hinges on their response. I'd be really frustrated that she keeps dodging you. I hope she's able to make a decision soon. 

@lapeanut1018 - That is STUNNING! I'm so impressed with that bouquet! What a special thing to have.

@beanbot2002 - I hope No-Uh gives you some good rest SOON! <3

@eilis1228 - I'm so sorry about all the family drama. That really sucks a lot. I hope that dress shopping is awesome, though. Can't wait for you to AW some pics!

@loves2shop4shoes - I've been there with the sex thing. It's like I know I SHOULD want to have sex but feeling like shit makes me not want to. Maybe you can find other intimate things to do that aren't sex? Maybe take a bath together or give/receive massages? Those could feel nice and be things that feel intimate without it actually being sex involved.

@cocobellaf - Hope your neck feels better!

@allusive007 - I'd be so pissed if I was woken up that early by a text. I'm glad you aren't that tired, though. How's pregnancy feeling now?

@Dignity100 - You are SO close to your wedding!!! EEEK! 

@speakeasy14 - I think I missed something. What do you have in a cast? :(

Love & Splits
  • @GoldenPenguin Good luck with your inspection! FI already had a reclining couch when we first moved in together. I've never had one before and was skeptical but I honestly love it! I fall asleep on it all the time.

@helloliv Stop being so pretty!! Your pics from the faire are adorable!

@phira I'm sorry about your friend/BM. She really owes you a response now, and I agree with everything liv said. Two of my BMs didn't officially RSVP either. I know they are going to be there...but it was so frustrating to not get that card in the mail from them.

• @GoldenPenguin Good luck with your inspection! FI already had a reclining couch when we first moved in together. I've never had one before and was skeptical but I honestly love it! I fall asleep on it all the time.

@helloliv Stop being so pretty!! Your pics from the faire are adorable!

@phira I'm sorry about your friend/BM. She really owes you a response now, and I agree with everything liv said. Two of my BMs didn't officially RSVP either. I know they are going to be there...but it was so frustrating to not get that card in the mail from them.

We currently have FI's couch that he had before we moved in together - it's just a standard black leather couch. It's really comfy, but I always think of black leather as very "bachelor pad-y" - so we need something warmer and more functional in OUR HOUSE!! Luckily, he agreed with me :) 

*******************************************************************************************

• @goldenpenguin - Love the couch! Looks great for napping.

@lapeanut1018 - Awwww, I'm blushing. :) Thank you!

Love & Splits
  • @helloliv - I have been using my lavendar heating pad from your etsy store on my neck and back ALL DAY.
  • @helloliv - I have been using my lavendar heating pad from your etsy store on my neck and back ALL DAY.
    YAY! I'm so glad you love it and are using it!!

Love & Splits
  • helloliv said:
    @goldenpenguin - Love the couch! Looks great for napping.

@lapeanut1018 - Awwww, I'm blushing. :) Thank you!
    I cannot WAIT to nap on it!! One of the sales guys came up while we were trying it out, and I was laying on the chaise, and he asked out things were going and I said "Great! Is it okay if I just stay here all day?" 

We'll do some measuring & stuff on Thursday just to make sure it will fit! 

*******************************************************************************************

• @beanbot2002 - I hope No-Uh calms down and lets you sleeeeeeep.

@eilis1228 - I cannot believe you guys are still trying to use the CRM when it clearly is not ready; they should just let you go back to the old one while they work out the bugs. It's making me anxious for when ours finally (ever?) gets done and we switch over.

@LaPeanut1018 - That is so pretty! I can't believe your friend made that!

@phira - I'm sorry about your BM, that's so frustrating!

@helloliv - I just...WOW. I'm sorry your weekend was poop-and-groping. I've had a bit of a falling out with a friend that I dated briefly last summer...everything was fine until I got engaged and now he's being a major dick. Makes me sad.

-----------------------

Even though I'm cranky as fuck today, my weekend was good. Took my parents out for their anniversary on Friday, had a board meeting for a camp I'm involved with on Saturday, and then got to go to a pre-opening trial run thing for a restaurant that FI's company built on Saturday night (YUM!). Yesterday was church and napping and started addressing our STDs. My goal is to get them out this week!

Oh and tonight we're going to check out the church that we want for our wedding. I need to pull myself out of this funk enough to enjoy that...and not be super snarky about how much money they want.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• helloliv -- 2 fractures where my foot and ankle meet on my right foot.  I started out in a soft cast because the ER thought it was a sprain.  Then went to an orthopedist who continued soft cast then put me in a boot.  He wanted to put me in a hard cast a month ago but I begged for something to be able to walk for my sister's wedding since it was outdoors and I didn't want to fall.  Then two weeks ago he put me in a hard cast because it's not getting any better and said 2-4 weeks then back to boot. If it was my left foot I wouldn't be so cranky. 

And omg your weekend! :( At least you got two stories out of one day :-/  But the ren faire sounds like it was fun and you look super cute!

@phira - I'd be more frustrated with the not knowing then if she said she wouldn't be able to make it. Hopefully she makes a decision soon. 

GoldenPenguin love the couch! If you still aren't feeling the leather, see if they have the same couch in microfiber.  Pet hair just wipes right off. 

loves2shop4shoes I hate those phases too.  Hopefully you start feeling better soon, but I like liv's idea of taking a bath together.  It'll make you feel better and give you the skin to skin contact. 
  • @helloliv, I am majorly CRINGING about that cat sitting story.

You really should right a book of cringe-worthy situations.  You'd make a fortune.

• @helloliv OMG, that is the stuff of nightmares right there. Wow. I can't even imagine what was going through your head. How did you keep from throwing up everywhere? So gross. Also, you are very purdy! Love that dress!

@lmcooper86 It's definitely a pain in the butt. Allegedly we can't use the old CRM because all of the data is gone, but I don't know why we can't just dump it back in... I've gotten to the point where I constantly have to remind myself that the crippling issues have been fixed and these are just glitches from adopting a new system. Well, hopefully... *knocks on wood* I'm sure your upgrade will go much smoother than ours!

@loves2shop4shoes Ohhh I like the idea of bath time together. Very relaxing but still really intimate. 

@LaPeanut1018 I love that bouquet! She did a fantastic job! Are you going to incorporate it at the wedding somehow? Maybe a centerpiece or a decoration near the presents and/or guest book?

@peaseblossom55 Good luck at the dentist! My dentist's office sent me a text reminder today about my appointment on Thursday. I'm in awe of technology sometimes lol.

@GoldenPenguin Um, that couch is awesome. Totally jealous. You can have ALL the people on it! Movies are going to be awesome at your house.

@phira That would annoy the crap out of me. I mean, at this point you just need an answer so you can make plans accordingly. I'm sorry! I hope you get a definitive answer sooner than later!

@speakeasy14 Crossing all appendages that your cast days are almost over!

• @eilis1228 wow a text, I just get a phone call reminder. I'm dreading 6pm

Anniversary

• @helloliv - I was pretty pissed when I woke up to that text...but luckily I had gone to bed pretty early, so still feeling ok. Pregnancy has been pretty symptom-free for me so far. I have had a little nausea once in a while, but I'm finding it's most often when I havent eaten (and I'm almost never hungry - or at least food doesn't sound particularly good lately). Crackers are my best friend right now though - YAY for Ritz!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards