Nevada-Las Vegas

Vegas Wedding Reception

I am having my wedding in March of 2015. The ceremony will be at the silver sky chapel. I would like to know of any experience that anyone has had with the chapel and also some great reception ideas? I am expecting between 10 to 15 wedding guests other than the groom and myself. We are also staying at the Linq hotel and I am quite nervous about that reading the reviews of the quad hotel. Any info would be appreciated thank you

Re: Vegas Wedding Reception

• I can't speak for everyone else, but we're having an in-suite reception in a Media Suite at Mandalay Bay. I'm expecting about 40 people :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• edited September 2014
    I'm jealous! Lol! I wanted more guest but apparently our families don't want to travel for a wedding. Are you going to Vegas before the wedding or are you just going to take a chance with food etc? I have considered an in-suite reception. Thanks
  • I can't answer for @khristiana, but we aren't able to travel before the wedding to Vegas, so we are relying on recommendations and everything with the in suite catering we are having done for our night-before the wedding dinner. I have read good things about Masterpiece Catering and Say Goodnight Gracie catering as well!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm trying to decide what to do for our reception.  We are expecting about 20 people, so we may just do a large reservation for a restaurant or Wicked Spoon.  It's really difficult for me to decide without a more clear number yet though.  We don't want a chain restaurant, and I don't want Italian food (pasta sauce + white dress = big problems).  
  • I originally expected 82 guests, but most couldn't make it due to having to travel. We are having our hors d'oeuvres catering in by Mandalay Bay.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I'm having a hard time with that as well because I don't know how many people are definitely coming. how much time did you guys get everybody to RSVP by? how close to the wedding date?
  • Our invites haven't gone out yet, they will be sometime next month (we're getting married 10/1/2015), so I am hoping that I will get RSVPs back...I'm going to make it super simple for the 14-16 people we are inviting...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am having my wedding in March as well. I dont think we will have more then 15 guest either. The wedding is at planet hollywood. With our total rewards we can stay for free at the linq but after reading the reviews we decided to pass and use our comp points on something else. I have never been to vegas so for me i wanted to experience staying at a larger hotel. Im not even sending out invites because i only want close friends and family there. I am kind of upset because my FMIL has took it upon herself to invite some of her family that me and the groom has only met 2 times but thats a totally different issue im having. Still trying to decide about dinner for my group. thought i had my mind made up but im very indecisive.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Our invites haven't gone out yet, they will be sometime next month (we're getting married 10/1/2015), so I am hoping that I will get RSVPs back...I'm going to make it super simple for the 14-16 people we are inviting...
    You're sending invites a year in advance...???

@Knottie75562299 your best bet is to plan for 100% attendance and go from there. Book based on the total number, and if less people end up RSVPing yes you can spend that money on upgrades for food, drinks, etc. for your reception. Always better to plan for that 100% than to wait around for the final number. You'll be a lot less stressed if you just plan for full attendance and know what to expect, than to wait until RSVPs are in and try to go from there. Just my two cents :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We asked for our rsvp's to be returned 2 months before the wedding. After looking on the etiquette board, apparently that was very rude, because I guess some people don't know their schedules that far in advance, but we picked a date that was close to the date the hotel rooms in our block had to be booked. If someone is on the fence, we have a small enough crowd that they can just talk to us and tell us that they are still a maybe.
  • Omg! I am worried about the Linq hotel haha! They r having their grand reopening in October and I'm hoping that there are good reviews :: fingers crossed::. thank you guys SO much for the information, I think I'm going to focus on a restaurant reception and maybe go out that night. anyone else doing Vegas gift bags?
  • I'm having a hard time with that as well because I don't know how many people are definitely coming. how much time did you guys get everybody to RSVP by? how close to the wedding date?

We asked for our RSVP's to be returned 2 months before the wedding. I could care less about "etiquette" because this is a VEGAS wedding, so that means it's my rules ;)

We planned for 100% attendance as well, but were able to adjust the food/alcohol as it's getting closer depending on how many people are actually going to be able to attend.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @knottie75562299 keep me posted on the linq and have you thought about what restaurants your looking into for your smaller group.Im making bags for each couple i ordered some matches  and decks of custom playing cards for our favors. I am going to include map and timeline and maybe a few other things that i pick up. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • tcnoble said:
    Our invites haven't gone out yet, they will be sometime next month (we're getting married 10/1/2015), so I am hoping that I will get RSVPs back...I'm going to make it super simple for the 14-16 people we are inviting...

Yes, because of people's work schedules and such. I want to give them enough time. We're asking them to RSVP no later than June of next year...I think that would give enough time, right?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @vegasbride2015 Have you considered just sending out save the dates a year in advance? That will give people plenty of advanced notice to work out scheduling. That way you can solidify RSVP's with invitations closer to the actual date. You may want to consider there is the possibility of changing some parts of your wedding during the next year and need to have update information on the finalized invitations. Also, I would imagine most guests are going to lose the invite and information if they receive it a year in advance. 
  • Unfortunately I have the invites already made out...but I am thinking that I can just order some additional Save the Dates for the wedding then send those invites out later...

Basically the invites have our date, time, venue and that's it. No real major details, and we won't be changing the venue unless something catastrophic happens.

Thank you! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • tcnoble said:
    Our invites haven't gone out yet, they will be sometime next month (we're getting married 10/1/2015), so I am hoping that I will get RSVPs back...I'm going to make it super simple for the 14-16 people we are inviting...

Yes, because of people's work schedules and such. I want to give them enough time. We're asking them to RSVP no later than June of next year...I think that would give enough time, right?
    That's what Save the Dates are for. We sent ours 9 months in advance. If you sent me an invite over a year in advance, and left the RSVP until next June, chances are it's going to get lost in a pile over the next 9 months. Ideally your RSVP date is 3 weeks before your wedding, or whenever your caterer requires final count. 

Since you have the invitations already, could you just put them aside until next summer and whip up some Save the Dates on vistaprint, etc. and send those out in the next few months? Might be more helpful for you and your guests :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Omg! I am worried about the Linq hotel haha! They r having their grand reopening in October and I'm hoping that there are good reviews :: fingers crossed::. thank you guys SO much for the information, I think I'm going to focus on a restaurant reception and maybe go out that night. anyone else doing Vegas gift bags?
    We have been down to the Linq several times and really like the area. I can't speak for the hotel itself but it's a fun spot on the strip with a lot to see, do, eat, etc. plus the High Roller opened this year.

We are doing welcome bags - bottled water, gourmet popcorn from a las vegas popcorn store, personalized playing cards, chocolate poker chips, chocolate covered pretzels, a Vegas guide from the convention center and a door hangar that doubles as a welcome note. We live here so we don't have to worry about traveling with the bags. Lots of brides who travel here for their weddings find little things they can add once they arrive.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @tcnoble: you are so lucky to live there I bet it makes it easier for you to make plans. The ideas for your bag sound awesome!
  • @knottie75562299 it has definitely made things a lot easier!! I'm happy to offer any locals advice when I can :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I sent out invitations last month for my March wedding but I believe I'm going to send out a reminders in January.
  • I thought the Linq Hotel doesn't open until 10/30...that's what I have been reading anyhow?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ceremony is January 2015.  We are getting married at Aria and doing in-suite cake & cocktails at Mandalay Bay in the hospitality suite.  I have changed my mind about 1,000 times on all sorts of things.  I have found that the people who will be there are on it; they book their flights and rooms fairly quickly.  I expect a certain flake factor (I welcome it actually).  Larger parties are more trouble.  If you are getting married on a week day, that also frees up possibilities.  With a small group, pick a nice restaurant and have a great meal and then hit the Strip.

With such a small group, you can also play with different methods of communication besides STDs and invites; supplement with web and FaceBook.

Happiness is an inside job

• @vegasbride2015: Yea it opens up October so I am waiting for the reviews but my wedding is in March of 2015
  • I hope you will review the Linq! I am dying to know how it is! We decided on the Trump but were curious about the Linq.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Requesting RSVPs 2 months in advance is "rude" whaaaaat?! My reception site needs the meal plan a month before, so I thought 2 months was a decent time for the RSVP. I am on your level @khristiana
  • I am requesting my RSVPs 3 months in advance as there is a chance I may have to move the reception venue. I am getting married at Silver Sky...it is really pretty but I am hoping they do a bit of updating of it since they are updating the rest of the hotel. I saw renderings of the Linq hotel and it seemed really nice. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • The Linq looks awesome, I can't wait to hear reviews on it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards