Nevada-Las Vegas

Cake Decisions - I'm overwhelmed!! Help!!

We have been back and forth on whether we're going to have a cake or not and we finally decided that we will.  I already have my vision of what it will look like but when I went on a few websites for bakeries I was completely overwhelmed!!  To many choices!!!!  AUGHHHH!!!!  Everything sounds soooooo good.  As a result I wanted to see what you all are doing.

What vendor are you using?
How many tiers?
What flavor cake?
What flavor filling?
What flavor frosting?
What type of frosting?  Buttercream, fondant, etc
How much does it cost?

Do you have a pic to share?

Re: Cake Decisions - I'm overwhelmed!! Help!!

• I'm using Drago Sisters.  I just looked through their gallery and picked one I liked.  We are doing 2 tiers that will both be fondant covery.  The top will be strawberry cake with vanilla icing and fresh strawberries.  The bottom will be chocolate cake with chocolate frosting, and chocolate mousse filling.  She quoted us $145 plus delivery.  Delivery is a little cheaper if you meet them in the valet area than if they have to park and bring it in.  
  • We going with Freed's Bakery. They have been wonderful to use! We got a mixture of their cupcake flavors so our guests can pick what they want. Their cakes are delicious and the frosting was to die for.
  • We did a three tier with Freeds for 125 guests.  We did buttercream because I hate fondant.  Tiers were red velvet / cream cheese, raspberry, chocolate with grand marnier filling.  They were all excellent.  We got small versions of the same cakes on our first anniversary.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• We are using Drago Sisters - 4 tiers and one sheet of tres leche. One layer is red velvet with amaretto cream cheese filling, two layers are chocolate cake with bavarian cream and fresh strawberry filling, and one is vanilla cake with cannoli filling. The entire cake will be frosted with buttercream. We are around $550-$700 depending on our final count and how much of the tres leche we will need.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm interested in this as well- mainly which flavors to pick! They all sound yummy. I'm using Drago Sisters, doing a small cake (feeds 9) on top with cup cake tower (5-6 dozen) of mixed flavors underneath the cake. I'm not sure if I should use fondant on the cake. Price with delivery approx. $170
  • tcnoble said:
    We are using Drago Sisters - 4 tiers and one sheet of tres leche. One layer is red velvet with amaretto cream cheese filling, two layers are chocolate cake with bavarian cream and fresh strawberry filling, and one is vanilla cake with cannoli filling. The entire cake will be frosted with buttercream. We are around $550-$700 depending on our final count and how much of the tres leche we will need.
    I am SO drooling over the thought of your cake!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Does anyone else miss ice cream cakes?  I used to love those as a kid but no one ever has them anymore; especially not at weddings. :-(  I'd devour some ice cream cake.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• We were thinking about getting some Blue Bell ice cream and serving it with the cake.  We are originally from Texas where it's made and they just started selling in Nevada.  We can't get it where we live now.  
  • Well poo!!!  I just gained the 5 lbs back I had lost last week just thinking about your choices.  OMG...yummy!!  
  • We were thinking about getting some Blue Bell ice cream and serving it with the cake.  We are originally from Texas where it's made and they just started selling in Nevada.  We can't get it where we live now.  

I have always vowed I would have ice cream with my wedding cake, so I'm going to do it.  Dry ice and Styrofoam!

I've gotten prices for a 3 tiered cake to feed approximately 80.  Freeds - $400, Retro - $300 and Drago Sisters $200.

All for simple (spiral) design, all white buttercream.

For tiers:

bottom (largest): marble w/Bavarian cream

middle: white (wedding) w/lemon mousse

top (smallest): chocolate w/chocolate mousse

Happiness is an inside job
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards