Honeymoon Discussions

Honeymoon Packing

I need help! My incredible friends made sure I had PLENTY of new lingerie, panties, etc. last night and now I'm not sure how much to pack for the honeymoon! We'll be at a hotel the night of the wedding, and the honeymoon resort 6 nights. I'm sure I could probably cram in a time for all my new underthings, but I probably CAN'T cram them all in my luggage! How many to take, and how to choose?! I know he'll appreciate it all, whether he sees it on the honeymoon or at home afterward, but I don't want to hurt the leapord panties' feelings because I chose neon rainbow instead ;)

Re: Honeymoon Packing

• Keep it simple, no need to over pack. We just went on our honeymoon for 6 nights and we each had a small carry on. We noticed some couples on our airport bus who had 2 huge suitcases plus the 2 matching carryons and we thought these people were totally ridiculous. It's expensive and annoying to lug all that when you won't wear half of it. Even with our tiny bags, we came home with 4 unworn items each.

If some of them are normal enough underwear to wear during the day I'd just pack the 7-8 pairs for daytime and 1-2 "nighttime" pieces.

• Thanks! I'm totally an overpacker - but I can't stand to wear the same thing twice before a wash, so even at home we do a load of laundry each day. I will be able to pack everything into a small suitcase though, and he will also use a small suitcase that will have enough room to bring home any extras we buy while there. I won't actually have a carry-on, just a purse which will include a toothbrush, my wallet and essentials, and an e-reader.
  • Don't forget to pack a pair or two of yoga pants and tshirts or whatever you consider "comfy clothes".  I wore mine more than I thought I would and was very glad to have them!
    photo composite_14153800476219.jpg
  • @AprilH, that's a great idea! I practically LIVE in loungewear at home in the evenings! 
  • I agree about the comfy clothes.  For our 10 night honeymoon we took our huge suitcase, our slightly smaller suitcase and one carryon.  I wouldn't worry about lingerie.  You have a lifetime of marriage to get use of those leopard panties. :)
  • Thanks! I'm totally an overpacker - but I can't stand to wear the same thing twice before a wash, so even at home we do a load of laundry each day. I will be able to pack everything into a small suitcase though, and he will also use a small suitcase that will have enough room to bring home any extras we buy while there. I won't actually have a carry-on, just a purse which will include a toothbrush, my wallet and essentials, and an e-reader.
    Oh we are opposites then! I wear everything 2-3 times before a wash (obviously not undies) so we only do laundry every 2 weeks lol. 

• Here's something interesting.... that's awesome your friends gave you lingerie, but pack just a couple items you know for sure are "his style". I received pretty stuff from a friend and when I wore it, H said he didn't like it! Hah!  (Now I don't really know what to do with it.)  I brought other lingerie that H does like and never even bothered to wear it.  So, I agree with the idea of just bringing 1-2 fancy pieces. 

• I read a really cute idea - most all the lingerie will fold up really small, so I'm going to put each getup in a plain brown paper sack and 'name' it - Ginger, Helga, Roxanne - whatever. And then let him blindly choose a bag based on the name, and that's what I'll put on. And because I'm an overpacker, he'll have options :)
  • I'm an awful wife! I didn't take any lingerie on our honeymoon! Then again, after a few days my husband got really sick and ended up with Legionnaires disease which landed him in the hospital.
  • @mlg78 - aww, I'm so sorry that happened! I started packing 2 weeks early and my bach party/lingerie shower landed during that time, so it was just as easy to pack the new stuff as it was to put it in a drawer at home! I may not have thought of it otherwise. 
  • @mlg78 - aww, I'm so sorry that happened! I started packing 2 weeks early and my bach party/lingerie shower landed during that time, so it was just as easy to pack the new stuff as it was to put it in a drawer at home! I may not have thought of it otherwise. 
    lol you're adorable! We packed the day after the wedding at noon and left at 6pm that night. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards