Chit Chat
Options

Did you/are you practicing for spotlight dances?

2»

Re: Did you/are you practicing for spotlight dances?

• Options
    @ashley8918--Heads up, it stings a little. I have also heard that toothpaste(?!) works, too!
    This sounds weird and really gross, but my friend swears by putting garlic on her pimple. She cuts one open and sort of rubs the inside on her pimple.
  • Options
    No, we didn't. Bc I didn't need it - I've got mad skills. And bc DH - it's wouldn't have made a bit of difference ;)
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Options
    No, FI is awkward with two left feet. We decided not to even have a first dance but just do a sort of dance for a few seconds so the photographer can get a few pictures then everybody can join in.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'll probably figure something out. I used to teach several types of dance so I'm held to a higher expectation, lol.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Nah, we just kind of did the 8th grade sway as I intermittently burst into happy tears/giggled like a loon at something DH would say.  I looked like I was having a mental breakdown out on the dance floor.
    Anniversary

• Options
    FI insists on dance lessons. Not because he cant dance l, but so freaking clumsy. Its for his sanity.

We will do them closer to the wedding.

We also will randomly pull up our song "Never Stop *wedding version *" by SafetySuit and dance in our living room to it.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    H and I did not practice. We danced often enough at other weddings and also randomly in our house (yeah, he's that gooey sweet) that we weren't too worried.

I did practice with my dad, because he does some kind of weird two-step that I don't get. The practice went badly and he took mercy on me at the actual wedding.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
  • Options
    We sorta practiced.  Our song is "Cross My Heart" by George Strait.  On our 3rd date, DH pulled up that song on his phone and played it while we were at my house.  He asked me to dance, and we did.  That is when he first said "I love you", and I followed not long later.  So, I guess you can say we practiced, but when we did, it wasn't intentional.
  • Options
    ElcaB said:
    pinkcow13 said:
    I love "Fools Rush In" by Elvis Presley, and "At Last" by Etta James, but FI thinks they are too "old" for his taste. SMH. 

I adore "Fly me to the Moon" by Frank Sinatra and "Let's Stay Together" by Al Green. Those songs seem more "dance - y" to me, though. FI likes them - regardless they will be played at some point during the wedding.

So far the top contender is "Mirrors" by Justin Timberlake. That song has a special meaning for us, and we both love it. It is more "dance-y" too, but I think it is more personal to the 2 of us. We practiced it one night, and we were able to slow dance to it. Then FI started incorporating some crazy JT moves into it, and I was like "Not happening" lol. 
    @pinkcow13, have you ever heard the Ingrid Michaelson cover of Fools Rush In? It's terribly romantic and a little more modern, so it might appeal more to your FI. 

ETA: Having trouble posting video. YouTube it. 

BOX
    I just youtubed it, it's beautiful! I'm definitely going to have FI listen to it!
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Options
    I bought a dvd to teach us ballroom dancing. We haven't tried it yet but we have time. Neither one of us can dance so it would be nice to at least be able to do a nice waltz.
    *msstaticfancypants*
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Nope H and I never did practice our first dance. Neither did my dad and I, my stepdad and I or my H and his mom. But our photographer got some adorable photos from these that I felt made it look like we did a little practicing.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards