October 2014 Weddings

How much work are you taking off before the wedding?

2»

Re: How much work are you taking off before the wedding?

• I work from home, which in some ways makes it easier, but in other ways there's no real way to take off if I don't get all the work done right before and right after the festivities. 
  • I'll take the day before the wedding off - so, Friday 10/10. Then wedding 10/11, honeymoon 10/12 through 10/18. I'll go back on the 20th, which is that next Monday.
  • I'm not taking any days off before the wedding, but I might work from home some of the days. I guess I don't anticipate many errands to run yet, or at least ones that would require me to take the whole day off. My boss said that if anything comes up, I can take off, so that was nice! I'll be taking a week and a half off after it for honeymooning, though!
  • I'm taking the friday before my sunday wedding off. so 10/10 and then the monday and tuesday following so 10/13 and 10/14. Since 10/15 is my birthday I might take that off too!

• I'm getting married Sat Oct 11.  I took PTO the Wed thru Fri before the wedding.  We leave for the honeymoon Mon Oct 13 and come back sun Oct 19.  I took off the following mon and tues so I can get settled in my new married life with my hubby.  I saved most of my PTO all year for wedding and honeymoon, and it was tough trying to plan my out of state wedding without taking time off from work to meet with vendors, etc.  @TeddiD34 I am so with you.  I don't know if I'm more excited about the wedding/honeymoon or being out of the office!  I so need a break! 

• My parents are arriving from Michigan on the 22nd, so I'm taking off the whole week they're here and going back to work on the 29th.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards