New Jersey

Florist???

Hello Brides,

I am looking for a florist around Central Jersey that does a good job but will not cost me an arm and a leg. I am also open to DIY, so if anyone has any experience with that, please let me know.

Thanks!

Re: Florist???

• Avenue in Elizabeth, Santos in Newark, and AW in Kearny are known to be some of the affordable ones. I used Avenue and loved my flowers.
  • I am also using Avenue in Elizabeth. Nathan has done 3 of my friends weddings as well as my brothers engagement party and SIL's shower and he does great work at a very reasonable price. I am getting a lot of flowers including a chuppah for the ceremony and my total is $3,600.
  • I just came from my consultation with Avenue and we were very impressed.  We have a meeting coming up with Santos which I'm considering canceling because we were so happy with our proposal.

Bride bouquet, 8 BM bouquets, 6 corsages, 8 bouts, small flower arrangements for outdoor ceremony, 16 low centerpieces, sweetheart table arrangement-- mostly hydrangeas, peonies, and roses.  ~$2000 for everything.  I think it helped that our wedding is in May, so we are using only in-season flowers.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• That is a great proposal!  I have been so nervous to meet with florists because scared of the quotes they will give us.  We have had a few family use Avenue and also our priest uses him for all the churches needs.  I will have to just get over the anxiety of flowers and call Nathan.
  • Wow- 2k is extememly reasonable. I may hae to call Avenue as well.
  • My FDIL is thinking about contacting Avenue and would love to see pics of flowers they did. Anyone have any pics they can post?
  • majesty318majesty318 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    edited October 2014
    Here are some of mine. ETA sorry one is a duplicate and it won't let me delete. But let me know if you want to see more.
  • Thanks so much - they are gorgeous! Did they do centerpieces for you as well?
  • No, we did non-floral centerpieces. We had my bouquet, 6 BM bouquets, 9 bouts, 2 corsages, flower girl floral ball, and the 3 ceremony arrangements for $1000 which is really all I wanted to spend. I actually only met with Avenue - Nathan got my vision right away and I loved my flowers :)
  • @majesty318 your flowers are gorgeous! My budget for flowers is actually the same as yours (1k) and I was nervous that I would not be able to find anyone to stay within that.
  • Nathan is great and will work within whatever budget you have set. He is very good at recommending flowers to use to keep costs down.
  • You guys are making me feel so much better about going to a florist. I was going to just buy fake flowers if I had to!
  • I need to call Nathan too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  LOL
  • I just began shopping around for a florist last week and we went to Gardenias in Metuchen.  I was very happy with them and felt they were reasonably priced. I am looking to have 10 small flower center pieces, 10 wreaths of baby's breath to place around lanterns, 8 BM bouquets, my bouquet, and 6 bouts for under $1,500. 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards