New York-Long Island
Options

Fox Hollow-Somerley Room

Hi, My fiancé and I have not booked a venue yet, but we am in the process of narrowing down our venue choices. We loved Fox Hollow, but we were a little disappointed with the size of the room that was shown to us. The director only showed us the Winter Garden room and I was concerned about room for the dance floor. I am planning to guarantee about 140 people. When I asked the director about the Somerely, he said that it was too big for our wedding and that we would need to guarantee 160 people. I have friends that were married in the Somerely room and I do not believe that they needed to guarantee 160 people. I believe that it was 140. Plus I am planning to get married on a Sunday night in the winter. Did anyone book the Somerely room or did anyone have a similar experience to mine? Advice please? :-)

Re: Fox Hollow-Somerley Room

• Options
    I viewed this venue. I have a whole list of frustrations but mostly that they were unwilling to negotiate price even though I didn't want some of the stations. The overall package was a bit OTT for us so we wanted to scale it down a bit to fit us more. I don't have my notes with me, but I believe they wanted me to guarantee 150ppl for Sunday night. I wasn't comfortable since I'm inviting 140ppl and actually expecting 125 YES rsvps. Hoping for all to attend but that doesn't always happen.

The other thing was that the soonest I could start the reception on Sunday was 6pm. Ceremony 5pm. 6-11pm is way too late on a Sunday. For my guests, anyway. A friend attended a wedding there a couple months ago and guests were leaving by 9pm.
  • Options
    I also looked at this venue. While it is beautiful and has a hotel on the grounds, it was way too expensive. And you had to guarantee 150 people for a Saturday night event, which is something I told the staff member that I could not guarantee since I want 100 people max. Same thing that LittlePeachBlossom mentioned...they weren't willing to negotiate the price. If you have the money and can guarantee 150 people, I say go for it. If not, look somewhere else.
  • Options

I actually booked Fox Hollow because they gave us a very reasonable price, the bigger room, and a guarantee of 140 people.  I  viewed 12 venues that were on my top 20 list and this venue was the best deal.  My fiancé and I also booked a winter wedding on a Sunday on a holiday weekend so it was less than the normal rate.  I love all of the rooms, but our reception is going to be in the Garden Terrace room.  We would have loved the new Somerley room, but it is much more expensive than the other rooms and I did not feel that I needed to pay more for a very trendy room with the same package.

• Options

Hi!

I booked The Somerly Room for 12/12 of this year!  We have to guarantee 175pp.  I thought the space was AMAZING and the price was thankfully within our budget.  We will probably end up having about 200pp.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards