Wedding Etiquette Forum

What is your first dance song?

2»

Re: What is your first dance song?

• Ours will be "No One's Gonna Love You" by Band of Horses
  • "Let It Be Me" by Ray LaMontagne 
  • Into the Mystic - Van Morrison
  • Randy Tracis "forever and ever, amen"- it played at the end of a segment on This American Life and made us both tear up. We aren't big country music fans but still. This song.
  • I'm really pulling for "It's Magic" by Doris Day. We'll see what happens :)
  • perdonamiperdonami member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited October 2014
    Ours will be "No One's Gonna Love You" by Band of Horses
    I wanted that to be our first song but hubby said no. :( Instead, since he is a huge Chaplin fan and we couldn't decide on a song (just glad I got him to dance with me at all!) so I just went with it. 

Best part was that everyone loved our dance though. Im telling you newbie brides to be to seriously consider taking a few dance lessons as a fun date night; You won't regret it. 
  • vulpiepopvulpiepop member
    First Comment 5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer
    edited October 2014
    We had a really hard time too because our tastes in music are so different! At first, the only song we both liked was "I've Just Seen a Face" by The Beatles but then we found that we really can't dance to that fast pace of a song without hurting ourselves...When my violin teacher offered to play at our wedding, we dropped everything and went for an instrumental piece. We'll be dancing to Yiruma's "River Flows in You"

Edited because of typo

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • How Long Will I Love You by Ellie Goulding

• We went super old school and danced to "On The Sunny Side of the Street" by Chick Webb:

My husband has been lindy hopping off and on for the past 10 years, and I know the basics plus a couple fun moves.  It ended up being one of my favorite parts of our wedding because it was such a jubilant moment. :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I'll follow you by Shinedown
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ours will be "Shameless" by Garth Brooks :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited October 2014
    All My Days - Alexi Murdoch Its a little sad sounding at the beginning. But it really resonates with us. FI was previously in a very emotionally abusive relationship and was very lonely and always felt like there was something else out there just waiting for him to be brave and walk away. At 25, FI was my first serious relationship ever. I also was very lonely and always felt like I was searching for... something. When we met each other it just felt like we both had finally found what we had been looking for, it just had taken us some time and growing up first to be ready for each other. "Now I see clearly It's you I'm looking for All of my days Soon I'll smile I know I'll feel this loneliness no more All of my days For I look around me And it seems you've found me" ETA: TK ate my paragraphs
  • Can't Take My Eyes Off of You by Nancy Wilson.  Love the song, but that version is perfect for a short, sexy first dance.
    Happiness is an inside job
  • Better Together - Jack Johnson
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• We didn't have one because the church didn't allow dancing.

I just heard this song recently, What a Beautiful Day by Chris Cagle, that I thought would be a gorgeous wedding song.
  • We danced to Parachute by Train. Train is my absolute FAVORITE group. It is on the same album as Marry Me and it gets overlooked too often.  Just a taste of the lyrics...

"I'll open up and be your parachute and I'll never let you down.
    So open up and be my human angel and we'll only hit the ground running.

And when the world get sharp and tries to cut you down to size - makes you feel like givin' in
    Oh, I will stay, I will rain and wash the words and pain away  
    And I will chase away the way we push the way we pull
    You're beautiful. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Our first dance was to "I Believe" by Cowboy Mouth (my FAVORITE band who DH has grown to love).  We took Two Step classes for a year before the wedding, just as a night out, but since we'd gotten pretty good with the fancy steps and spinning, we decided to two step to the song and it worked out really well.

The last song of the night was "Getting You Home" by Chris Young.

We used "Sunshine on my Shoulder" by John Denver for the anniversary dance (in place of the bouquet toss) since it was my parent's first dance song and our wedding was on their 40th anniversary.

DH's contributions to the music list: Mission Impossible theme song for the garter toss and "Aloha, E Komo Mai" for the family sand ceremony we did.
    Anniversary
  • Ours was Storybook Love from The Princess Bride

Anniversary

• "Everything Has Changed" by Taylor Swift and Ed Sheeran.  It's a song that alludes to love at first sight. 

"All I know is you said hello, your eyes looking like coming home..." 

We had a great dance to Lifehouse's "You and Me"-- our friends surrounded us as we all swayed together singing at the top of our lungs. It's one of my favorite memories of our reception! 

• "Can't Help Falling in Love with You"  We are unsure of which version we like the best.           
  • Sioux1986Sioux1986 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited October 2014
    We are planning on "In Your Eyes" by Peter Gabriel. My FI's taste in music is very limited, so music has been a battle. We are still trying to figure out our ceremony music.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards