Chit Chat

What's for dinner?

2»

Re: What's for dinner?

• @CaitTdid23 that sounds yummy!! I meal plan every week. I got tired of FI grabbing random things at the grocery store when we were on a tight budget...now I have a meal and snack plan and he can't get anything NOT on the list :) haha

• @CaitTdid23 that sounds yummy!! I meal plan every week. I got tired of FI grabbing random things at the grocery store when we were on a tight budget...now I have a meal and snack plan and he can't get anything NOT on the list :) haha
    Yeah I have tried to be a mental meal planner for years, but for some reason today I went all out and wrote it down IN INK so now there's no changing it.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • @CaitTDid23--Ink is almost more official than making something Facebook official! ;)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • We're either having pulled pork quesadillas or leftover honey garlic shredded chicken.  
  • edited October 2014
    I work until 7, so I had a fairly boring salad.

I have a Skype date with one of my friends after I get out, I have tomorrow off, and FI doesn't get out until after midnight, so there is a 98% chance that I'm having wine for dinner.  Mmmm... Malbec :)

ETA: I really want water right now, but I don't want to go upstairs because one of the servers called me mean for enforcing the rules and I don't want to deal with her attitude. Sorrynotsorry.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm making homemade chicken bakes tonight. Hopefully my fucking dough cooperates or I'm going to be mad as hell.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• esstee33 said:
    Ohhhh, those meatloaf cupcakes sound awesome! BF and I got frozen ones from Trader Joe's a while back and they were also delicious. Zucchini and bacon on top is killer, though. Yum. 

I'm probably just ordering in tonight. Maybe some avocado curry from the Thai place near my house. I dunno. I have very few groceries or motivation to get them or cook anything. On the other hand, we're having a food day at work tomorrow so I have to make something for that anyway, so maybe I'll heat up some frozen turkey burgers and veggies or something. 
    THIS IS A THING?!
  • I'll be lucky if I have anything. I am working myself to death trying to prepare for my PTO for the wedding. I will probably be here until 7 (I got in at 6), hit the gym until 8 and then go home and pass out.
  • We haven't gone to the grocery store in a couple of weeks so we're either having take out or toast with coffee.
  • It's leftover night. I'm probably going to have leftover mac and cheese. 
    Anniversary

• Amy's microwave black bean and vegetable burrito.
  • ashley8918ashley8918 member
    First Comment First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited October 2014
    arrippa said:
    Amy's microwave black bean and vegetable burrito.
    I've been wanting to try this. I am lazy when it comes to work lunches. It probably has onions in it though, doesn't it?
  • penguin44 said:
    It's leftover night. I'm probably going to have leftover mac and cheese. 
    On the rare occasion that I make homemade mac and cheese, I can NEVER get it to reheat without it creating a big grease pool at the bottom of the dish.

HOW DO YOU WORK YOUR MAGIC??????
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• arrippa said:
    I've been wanting to try this. I am lazy when it comes to work lunches. It probably has onions in it though, doesn't it?
    I just looked at the wrapper and onions were listed fifth or sixth on the ingredients list.
  • beethery said:
    penguin44 said:
    On the rare occasion that I make homemade mac and cheese, I can NEVER get it to reheat without it creating a big grease pool at the bottom of the dish.

Well this was leftover Kraft. If I'm reheating homemade, I add a little milk to it before microwaving. It makes it less gloopy. Also, toaster oven.
    Anniversary

• emcme22emcme22 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited October 2014
    beethery said:
    penguin44 said:

The little one and BF usually ear their leftover Mac and Cheese cold but I usually don't have any issues re-heating my mac and cheese.  I only re-heat it to warm though not hot, does your recipe use a lot of butter?
  • I'm making a version of the Cheesecake Factory's Pasta Da Vinci. I was going to make spaghetti and meatballs but that would require both going to the store and using the oven, and it's 93 degrees outside right now.

• emme022 said:
    beethery said:
    penguin44 said:

The little one and BF usually ear their leftover Mac and Cheese cold but I usually don't have any issues re-heating my mac and cheese.  I only re-heat it to warm though not hot, does your recipe use a lot of butter?
    A veritable ass-ton, yes.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• I love the meatloaf cupcakes idea. I'm gonna have to try that. I'm just having leftovers from dinner last night... Bacon cheddar mashed potatoes, steamed veggies with a lemon pepper garlic butter, and pork loin with a smokey cinnamon red wine demi glaze.
  • edited October 2014
    FYI the quinoa is really good. I overcooked the apples because I couldn't find the quinoa. But the flavor is great!

• I made salami and cheese stuffed chicken breast ( was supposed to be ham, but I pulled turkey instead of ham out of the freezer :/ ) with lemongrass and herbs rice with veggies
  • arrippa said:
    arrippa said:
    I just looked at the wrapper and onions were listed fifth or sixth on the ingredients list.
    Well, DAMN. Why does veg stuff always have those little chunks of nasty?! UGH.
  • Well we went with pizza. No regrets!

• esstee33 said:
    Ohhhh, those meatloaf cupcakes sound awesome! BF and I got frozen ones from Trader Joe's a while back and they were also delicious. Zucchini and bacon on top is killer, though. Yum. 

I'm probably just ordering in tonight. Maybe some avocado curry from the Thai place near my house. I dunno. I have very few groceries or motivation to get them or cook anything. On the other hand, we're having a food day at work tomorrow so I have to make something for that anyway, so maybe I'll heat up some frozen turkey burgers and veggies or something. 
    THIS IS A THING?!
    Aw, yeah, girl. Not just A thing, but pretty much THE BEST thing. Make sure you find a place that puts crushed peanuts on top, too. It's basically my #1 comfort food. I used to drive 35 minutes away for it before this place by my apartment opened. 

As it turns out, I had saltines with peanut butter, a caramel apple, and a beer for dinner. 
  • arrippa said:
    arrippa said:
    Well, DAMN. Why does veg stuff always have those little chunks of nasty?! UGH.
    Amen!  This is why I rarely order vegetarian food when I'm at a restaurant.  The little bastards are EVERYWHERE.  (I also don't eat raw tomatoes or peppers, so that doesn't help)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards