Wedding Invitations & Paper

Wedding Website Cards

I have cards with our Wedding Website on them. What do I include them with? Save the Dates or Invitations. We have registered at Bed, Bath & Beyond but also at Honeyfund.com for gifts towards our honeymoon. I will be having a Bridal Shower and from what I understand you get (early) gifts at that sometimes, since the shower is in February and our wedding isn't until May. Just looking for some insight. Thanks :)

Re: Wedding Website Cards

• If there is no registry information on the cards, you can put them in either your STDs or your invitations.
    Shower invitations are sent by the hostess (not YOU), and they can include your registry information.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • MyNameIsNotMyNameIsNot member
    First Comment First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited September 2014
    jdodman6 said:
    I have cards with our Wedding Website on them. What do I include them with? Save the Dates or Invitations. We have registered at Bed, Bath & Beyond but also at Honeyfund.com for gifts towards our honeymoon. I will be having a Bridal Shower and from what I understand you get (early) gifts at that sometimes, since the shower is in February and our wedding isn't until May. Just looking for some insight. Thanks :)
    It's fine to include a note about your website with your invitations or your STDs.  Just be sure there's no mention of the registry on them.  Nothing about the registry should ever be on anything you send out.

If there's anything about the registry, trash it.  It's up to your shower hosts if they want to include registry information in those invitations or not.

Also, you should delete the honeycash registry.  It's really rude.  
  • I would definitely include them with your save the dates.

• jdodman6 said:
    It's fine to include a note about your website with your invitations or your STDs.  Just be sure there's no mention of the registry on them.  Nothing about the registry should ever be on anything you send out.

If there's anything about the registry, trash it.  It's up to your shower hosts if they want to include registry information in those invitations or not.

Also, you should delete the honeycash registry.  It's really rude.  
    It's considered rude to send registry information out with invites? Not everyone at the wedding will have been invited to a shower but may still want to get a gift. Also wondering why the honeymoon gift idea is rude but asking for other things aren't- for instance if OP and her fiance already live together and have most of the essentials.
    Hopefully that doesn't sound stand-offish, I've just never heard that before.
  • Yes, it is rude to include registry information in wedding (as opposed to shower) invitations because even if people want to give you gifts, it's not polite to suggest that you think you're entitled to them, so it's never polite to initiate any discussions of gifts or registries, directly or indirectly (this includes putting information about registries in invitations). Once someone asks where you're registered you can give out this information.
  • CMGragain said:
    If there is no registry information on the cards, you can put them in either your STDs or your invitations.
    Shower invitations are sent by the hostess (not YOU), and they can include your registry information.
    This.

Also, Honeyfund is against etiquette because you are asking for cash. Asking for money is always considered rude. It's also misleading - you get money, not a beach-side massage. Even further (as if there weren't enough reasons not to do it), you don't get 100% of what guests spend. So if they give you $100 via Honeyfund, you only get $93. If they write you a $100 check, you get $100.

$100 > $93    Don't do Honeyfund.
    *********************************************************************************

• Huh, I had never heard any of that before. Makes sense I guess.
    I hadn't heard of Honeyfund before either, but it sounds like a less than stellar deal.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards