Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Too much food?

So we are doing a buffet dinner at approx 7pm.. Soup, salad, two meats, mashed potato bar, mixed veg, assorted breads. With 150-200 guests we anticipate dinner taking close to an hour. We will cut the cake at approx 8pm (or whenever dinner is done) - not sure how long it will take for it to be sliced and served. We were thinking of doing a late night snack around 10... Is that just too much food in a short amount of time??
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Too much food?

• Definitely not too much food - especially when you've having a buffet, as having options is a very good thing. As long as your late night snack is truly a snack and not a meal in and of itself, I think you're fine in terms of quantity of food.
  • Ditto Snippet -- no such thing as too much food.
  • Our late night snack is a modified s'mores bar - so definitely not another "meal" item. Sounds like we will be keeping it! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • To speed your timeframe up - see about having the salad served family style at the tables as guests arrive.  I'd honestly still be full by 10:00 but that's just me.  I'd also cut the cake as soon as you arrive to the hall, that way they can start cutting/serving it as people are finishing up eating instead of that awkward wait.  It also helps avoid any chances in the unlikely event you drip/spill wine or food on yourself during the meal.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards