Wedding Party

My ladies are in two different states

Hello lovelies. So I have a total of four ladies in my bridal party. Two of my BMs are here in NY and my MOH and other bridesmaid are in FL. It's time to look at bridesmaids dresses. All four of them have different body types, so I want them to wear a dress that they look great and comfortable in. But I also want to make sure that dresses look good when they're standing together. Any suggestions on how to make the dress choosing process go smoothly when they're in different states?

Re: My ladies are in two different states

• The easiest solution is to just pick a color and length, and let them choose their own.  If you want them a little more similar, you can choose a specific line or type of fabric.  

If you want them to be wearing the same dress, choose a line within their budget that sells nationally, like DB or AA, and have them each go in and try some options on their own time.  
  • I had the same issue with my BMs; all four of us were in different parts of the country.  Some quick questions, have you asked all your girls what they are comfortable spending?  (This is a MUST.)  Do you know what color/length/material you're interested in?  If so, that helps narrow options down.

Personally, the way we went about it was that I told my ladies a color and fabric I liked.  They then would look at dresses that fit that criteria online and share links, or find dresses in major stores that were available in all of their locations (David's Bridal, Nordstrom's, etc.) and take pictures for each other.  
    Anniversary

• I would just give them a length and color.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • @slothiegal that's one thing I haven't asked the girls, so thank you for that. I'm going to ask them today. And thank you everyone for the suggestions. 
  • edited June 2015
  • I'm in the same situation - all of our attendants are scattered from California to Germany, with none of us in the same state. And none of the bridesmaids or groomsmen have ever met each other 

If you're fine with a big chain store - David's Bridal has worked very well for us.  I just picked a color and length, the girls get to go in to the stores where they live and order the dresses to be picked up in the city where the wedding is.  

As an added touch to tie together all the bridesmaids dresses I'm buying brooches for all the girls to pin to their dresses - just a little extra bling for their dresses and a way to add some unity to the group
  • Like others - I picked a color and told my bridesmaids they could pick any dress they wanted.  They all ended up getting different dresses from David's Bridal that fit their budgets and comfort.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • loro929loro929 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited October 2014
    I have the same issue. I ended up picking out a dress and I happened to find it at Nordstrom's, which made it convenient because all of the girls had access to a store. Free online returns and shipping sweetened the deal also!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I ended up finding two pictures of the mismatched bridesmaids look and told them to use that as inspiration. I used the suggestions that you guys mentioned: I gave them a color, length, and fabric. I'm actually flying to Miami next week so we can take care of the dresses for my out of town ladies. 

Thanks again!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards