Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

No Beef?

We have two main protein entree options for our reception. We are thinking of going with Chicken and a Pork Tenderloin Roast as they tasted awesome and are cheaper then the beef options. We don't want to do any seafood as we have some guest with very severe shellfish/fish allergies. There will also be a meat free pasta option, and a bunch of sides. It is not in the budget to add another entree would it bad to not have a beef option as I feel a lot of people expect it? 

Re: No Beef?

• I think it's ok. You have 2 meat dishes, one of them being chicken which is a crowd pleaser, and a vegetarian option. I think that's enough to please most people.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • vulpiepop said:
    I think it's ok. You have 2 meat dishes, one of them being chicken which is a crowd pleaser, and a vegetarian option. I think that's enough to please most people.
    Ok good thank you:)
  • You don't have to have beef.  Chicken is always a great option since it is such a crowd pleaser and for people who don't want chicken and don't like red meat then pork is a great option.

And since you said they both tasted fabulous that is all that really matters.

• I agree with PPs. I usually get beef as my "go to" for plated weddings, but I'd rather have a delicious chicken or pork dish than an okay beef one. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Sounds good to me too.
  • Thanks, everyone I feel better about our "beefless" choices :).
  • Sounds good to me as well. I actually just got an invite in the mail today with a similar menu and I didn't bat an eye. Like PPs, I would rather have a really tasty chicken or pork dish than a beef dish that's so-so.
  • allispain said:
    Sounds good to me as well. I actually just got an invite in the mail today with a similar menu and I didn't bat an eye. Like PPs, I would rather have a really tasty chicken or pork dish than a beef dish that's so-so.
    Me Too!
  • Sounds good to me.  We didn't have beef as H's family is Hindu.
  • NBD.  Unless you know your crowd really well, beef can be hard to get right.  They usually send everyone's medium to medium-well.  I think they aim for medium, but as the meat sits, it rests to medium-well.  I only like steak medium rare.  My dad only likes steak well done.  It's hard to make everyone happy with the majority of beef dishes.  I skipped the beef at my wedding for this reason.  
  • Agree with PPs. I'll probably skip beef as well. 
  • We didn't have beef and nobody even mentioned it. We had chicken, salmon and a mushroom strudel.

• We skipped beef, for no other reason than budgeting. I guess one of the pastas had a bolognese sauce, but the main entree was a prosciutto stuffed chicken, and three pastas, two of which were lovely for vegetarian family/ friends.

Stressed it for a while, because I'm so used to seeing a beef entree choice. But realistically, if you'd be happy to serve it to guests in your home, on your dinner table, and it's well cooked and filling, then it's perfectly fine. 
    I think the pork tenderloin sounds great. 
  • We had a buffet, and it included Parmesan chicken, pork tenderloin, and Alfredo pasta. No beef for us! It was partly due to cost, but mainly just that the pork tasted way better than the beef at our tasting :)
  • You'll be fine. I just attended a wedding where it was pork & chicken and I didn't hear anyone going "Where's the beef?" What people remember is if the food that is served was good or not.
  • At least you got meat that is all that matters.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards