May 2015 Weddings

rings!

I'm surprised this hasn't been brought up yet! Let's see those engagement rings! Any significance with your ring? Will you be getting a wedding band? If so, what will it look like? What will FIs ring look like?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: rings!

• Mine is an untreated aquamarine and very hard to get an accurate photo of colour-wise. It's icy blue, somewhere between the photos, but looks different in different lighting.

I'm just getting a plain band to fit under it. I don't wear much jewelry, my taste is very plain, and I don't wear diamonds, so that's all I want. We're getting fiance a very simple meteorite and titanium wedding band. It's going to be more expensive than both my rings combined, but I'm getting what I want and he didn't like anything else, so....

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Mine is a white gold channeled band solitaire with diamonds in the band. We already got my band and my FI ring, because we moved and personally knew the jeweler, so we wanted to get them from her. My band and ring is not a set, but matches perfectly. FIs ring is two toned titanium rigged design.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Here's mine!  Fi had it made custom with my friend who worked at a jeweler.  We'll have the band made to match it.  I can't decide between doing the pave, or several smaller stones set the same way as the side stones are.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• amelishaamelisha member
    First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited October 2014
    Here's mine!  Fi had it made custom with my friend who worked at a jeweler.  We'll have the band made to match it.  I can't decide between doing the pave, or several smaller stones set the same way as the side stones are.

It's a beautiful ring, but to be totally off-topic, is there an Alexander Kalifano globe in the background? I have one of the big ones on a floor stand and I love it. Mine has the lighter blue gemstone ocean though.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'll AW my ring anytime.

FI worked with a local jeweler to design it based on two ring pictures I showed him.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• My ring is a vintage platinum ring from the mid 1920s. It belonged to my great-great aunt I believe and my fiancé restored it.

We are in the process of creating a custom diamond wedding band to fit. Fiancé just wants a plain brushed cobalt ring with a beveled edge. He's a nurse so we wanted a very durable material that wouldn't scratch or dent.
  • I will happily AW my ring!

It's a cushion cut with a halo, custom made based on a Tiffany design. I tried on the style at Tiffany with a couple of bands, and will likely get something with stones set the same as they are on my e-ring band.

FI isn't sure what he wants yet, whatever it is we'll probably get it made by their family friend/jeweler.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @cmarr684 that's gorgeous!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @cmarr684 - that is GORGEOUS. I love love love it. 

I will ALWAYS AW my ring. :)

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Beautiful rings ladies!
  • My lovely guy had this made special for me!! It has a stone from my mom, one from my grandma and one from my great grandma, and the setting is white gold in the shape of celtic knots!!! <3
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @GoldenPenguin‌ what kind of stone is that? It's really pretty!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @pompeymagnus - Sorry I missed this notification!! Thank you so much!

It's a morganite center stone with diamonds in the halo & band. 

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• My engagement ring and my custom wedding band I just had made :)

• I just got my custom ring recycled family diamond ring from Liza Shtromberg in Los Feliz and I'm in love. She used a pear shaped diamond that had been an earring of my grandmothers and she even gave me a trade-in on the platinum setting it had been in.image
  • My ring is also vintage--1920, transitional cut diamond with sapphires. FI let me pick it out (he didn't have a ring when he proposed, he gave me a budget after and let me choose something). For wedding bands, we got plain white gold bands with no stones. Mine is 3mm and his is 5mm. I wanted something that would match my ring, but it was really important to him that we have matching rings, and since he let me choose my own e-ring, I wanted him to be happy with the bands.

• edited June 2015

Liza Shtromberg was AMAZING to work with for our engagement and wedding bands. She was patient, meticulous with design and listening to our ideas, and worked with heirloom diamonds passed down from my family through several generations. Liza also suggested a Peach/Pink Spinel as our center stone in my CUSTOM rose-gold engagement ring, instead of a pink sapphire (the color in the spinel was more intense), or instead of a morganite (the spinel is a higher quality stone). She hand etched a BEAUTIFUL design on the shank of the mount, and has expertly guided us every step of the way through my three-ring set. The lovely multiple-solitaire diamond band is from the heirloom diamonds, designed in a bezel setting with milgrain and yellow-gold. My husband-to-be and I could not be more thrilled with her service, her generosity, her spirit or her talent and craftsmanship!

http://www.lizashtromberg.com/

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards