Ohio-Cleveland

invitations

Is any bride making there own invitations? My fiance is a little concerned about how much the invitation are. If I have someone create them it will cost about $990-$1200 and that's crazy!! If I try to make them it will be about $500 am I crazy?

I need to stay off Etsy and Pinterest

Re: invitations

• Most of the invitations I receive are diy. There are simple kits you can get to make it easier. None of my friends are tech savy or crafty and they come out great. Everyone has different ideas about what's important too. Paper products were important to me than say flowers. The invitation I found when I first started planning set up the wedding and I used it as a theme for everything including place cards, signs, and even individual kettle corn bags. I spent about $1200 on all off that. I have our invitation framed and hanging in our bedroom now and I still love it so much.
    Anniversary

imagebam.com
  • If you have the patience and time to do it DIY then go for it!  It's a huge money saver and it sets the tone for the type of wedding you're having so you want it just right. Do you have a link to what you're trying to create?  I'd love to check it out!
  • I did diy, but got a simple kit that only included a 5x7 card for the invite info & the response card & envelope. I then made my own business cards that had our website information on it where people could find hotel info. The great part was that it only cost me the regular postage rate. Remember, the the thicker & heavier your invites are, the more it will cost you to mail them, adding to your costs. Also doing an odd shape like square will add charges. The post office seems to like rectangular things. Also leave off any embelishments from the envelope. A friend of mine went with a heavy grade paper & did the inner envelope with hers and I think square, it cost her $1.20 to mail each invite where mine were $.47 a piece. Depending on how many invites you have to send, that postage costs adds up fast.
  • I made my own invitations. It was cheaper than what I would have paid for the same design from someone else, but it was still pretty pricey to make them myself compared to ordering something a little more plain. I think they turned out very nice. I already had most of the things I needed. Here's a pic:
  • I made my own invitations. It was cheaper than what I would have paid for the same design from someone else, but it was still pretty pricey to make them myself compared to ordering something a little more plain. I think they turned out very nice. I already had most of the things I needed. Here's a pic:

Those are lovely
  • We found a woman in North Royalton who works out of her home to do our invites. A friend's sister had used her originally, and since then Litsa has done invites, menus and programs for a number of our friends. She uses beautiful materials and is wonderful to work with. We met with her once to give her our information and an idea of what we wanted. She designed three mock invites at different price points. We then could pick and chose elements of what we liked from each mock-up. Altogether, I think we paid about $550 for 250 invites. I love our invitation and we have a framed one in our living room too. Message me if you'd like pictures or Litsa's information! 
  • Knottie79829663 This might be a silly question but have you looked at ordering them online? There are some great websites that will send you samples for free and they aren't that expensive. Try Wedding Paper Divas (a little more expensive but beautiful), Invitations by Dawn or Anne's Bridal Bargain. 

Also something to reminder is that people will throw their invitations away after your wedding. I know if I put tons of hard work into something, it would kill me that people would throw it away after.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards