Chit Chat

Spoiling the hubs

H has had a long, stressful week at work, so tonight when he comes home he will be treated to a clean dining room, with the table set and candles lit. Dinner will be chili with cheesy Texas toast, and a pumpkin roll for dessert. Also got some sparkling blueberry white grape juice because it sounded good. Hoping I can even have time to do my hair up cute and put on some heels for him.

How do y'all like to spoil your SOs when they need it?
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
eyeroll

Re: Spoiling the hubs

• That's about what I do. I also rub his back.
  • I make him a pizza and bring him home a stone IPA.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• I do the same thing.  I also might stop and pick up something I know he's been wanting as a small gift and/or run some errands I know he needs done.  

• That sounds awesome.

DH has been working really hard lately.  He's working a full time job, a part time job, and just went back to school.  So, between the 2 jobs, he works 6am-6pm Mon.-Fri., then has class on Mon. & Wed. and doesn't get home until around 9pm. And weekends are spent doing homework. So, I've been thinking he needs some spoiling lately, too.

He has a chocolate cream pie that his grandmother used to make... it's his absolute favorite thing in the whole world.  A few years ago, his mom gave me what they had of the recipe... mostly in phases like "a dash of that" or "add this ingredient until it looks right".  After several attempts, I got it pretty close... and wrote down the recipe.  But, it's such a pain to make (all from scratch of course), that I generally only make it for Christmas or birthday. He doesn't need to eat a whole pie regularly anyway and if I make it too often it wouldn't be as special.  But, I did go to the store yesterday and bought the ingredients to make him his pie this weekend. :)

But, I do also have a slightly selfish motive though... If I make him his chocolate pie, I won't feel as guilty about making myself a pumpkin pie. :) 

• I pick him up a slice of his favorite pizza and a pack of reese's cups. He's a man of simple pleasures.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Handing him a double tall Goose and club soda NFL style and agree to have pizza for dinner.

Not that I don't like pizza, it's just he wants it everyday and I'm good for once a month.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • blabla89 said:
    I pick him up a slice of his favorite pizza and a pack of reese's cups. He's a man of simple pleasures.
    H loves pizza. If he could have married pizza instead of me, I think he might have done it!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    eyeroll
  • That sounds really sweet!

DH loves his comfort foods when he's had a tough week; if I make sloppy joes on Hawaiian rolls then he is a happy man. He also loves back rubs and getting to watch his favorite bad movies, including the Fifth Element and Demolition Man. I then get extra wife points for enduring those movies.

• Pretty much the same thing. I make his favorite meal and give him a back rub :)
    Anniversary

• That's sweet!

I do pretty much the same thing - cook one of his favorite meals and pair it with beer. And I'll let him watch what he wants on tv :)
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• FI loves the spaghetti meat sauce I make from scratch.  I've seen him make a sandwich with this sauce in the middle of two pieces of bread because he wanted my sauce, and he didn't want to make noodles. 

So I make him spaghetti with my sauce, pair it with some of his favorite beer, and put on his favorite action flick. 

Then towards the end of his movie (TMI Warning)  I go put on something sexy and then once his movie is over I surprise him, and we do all of his favorite sexy time activities. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Pei Wei and Haagan Daas Rocky Road, Revolver (it's a local beer) and find scary movies for him to watch.
  • I buy him one of his favorite snacks, cook one of his favorite meals or take him to his favorite restaurant, and do all his favorite things in the bedroom. Tonight he is getting spoiled just because I feel like it. And I have been teasing him about what he is getting since last night to build the suspense.
  • Pretty much the same thing as PP: favorite meal, wine/beer, and then a full body massage which leads to sexy time.

• I feed him then have drunk sex. That always cheers him up. He's a simple man.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• BF had a tough day today - so on the way home from dinner I told him to stop at his favorite bakery and pick out some dessert.

He loves cheesecake, and could easily pick out a $50 cheesecake, for just himself. So I have to put a price limit on it, but still . . . 

For REALLY rough days - I will go pick up his favorite meal from his favorite restaurant, some Reds hard apple cider, and probably some form of sexy-time. And back scratches, he loves having his back scratched.
                                    Daisypath Wedding tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards