Chit Chat

I can't handle all this nope. [nwr]

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/offbeat/spiders-force-family-from-upscale-missouri-home/ar-BB8A3Xo?ocid=fbmsn

ONLY click on the link if you are prepared to read an article with this headline: 

Spiders force family from upscale Missouri home

Nope. Nopenopenope. So much nope in that house.

Re: I can't handle all this nope. [nwr]

• I  saw that.  Brown recluse at that.  Both DH and myself have been bitten by them.   We both have the scares.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • UGHICKCIDSJLFADJGLAKJFLJSA.

I can't. I can't. I simply cannot.

Someone hug me.
  • I saw that too.  I'm waaaaay afraid of spiders, probably due to some of the places I lived.   When you're five, living in the desert and trying to put on your shoes on, which are on the back porch and a spider the size of your hand shows up..... you will be scared for life. I'm scared of most types of bugs though.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• DH just saved me from a huge black one in the bathroom.  He's earned his husband card today.  

• Oh, God. No. Just no. 
    I also have a brown recluse scar. Sick for days, hospitalized, so frikking traumatized.
  • Holy Moly. That's stuff out of a horror film.
  • So much nope. I'm not even scared of spiders but... Nope nope nope.

• Last night SO and I were laying on the bed and chit chatting when he stopped and seriously asked me, "how much do you love me?"  Oookay, dork.  Then I followed his gaze up to the ceiling where there was seriously the biggest spider of my life hanging out.  He gets up, squashes it with a napkin, but due to its superhuman spider strength, it survives and falls on the bed.  Screaming ensues...from both of us.  We triumphed, but I still felt like washing the bed cover afterwards.  

Spiders are a NOPE.  

• Uuuugggghhhh. Can't click. As a child we lived in a home that was legit infested with brown recluse. He landlord was an asshole about it-- two families living there, with five little girls, and all of us were getting bit. It was terrible. I can't deal with spiders.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• lyndausvilyndausvi mod
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited October 2014
    In the islands we had tarantuals.   I saw them every once in a while.  They never bothered me.  I just sweep them out of the house with a broom.    For the most part spiders to not bother me.  Except the recluse.  You do not feel them biting you, so it's creepy to know they did and you didn't notice.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Update, DH just had to kill the second spider of the day.  WTF??  Where are they all coming from??  Granted, this one was in the basement, but still.  The first was on the second floor

• I'll never forget the giant spiders in Jumanji. Those things gave me nightmares.

• Have any of y'all ever watched "Infested" on Animal Planet?  A whole entire TV series dedicated to the worst kinds of NOPE!

• BURN. DOWN. THE. HOUSE.

Oh hell no. We had a brown recluse spider problem in college at my sorority house, we all moved out for the week. F that noise.
  • HOLY NOPE. I wouldn't even say I'm that scared of spiders... but wow. I cannot imagine that problem. Also, infestation. Ugh.
  • I came across this story on buzzfeed this evening.  Very appropriate to the NOPE theme.  CLICKY

That is just so beyond horrifying.

But I am a weirdo and as fascinated as I am creeped out.  I just could never deal with it actually happening to me.

• FUUUUUUUUU SO MUCH NOPE IN THIS THREAD.

I mean. I came in here (and clicked both links) so that probably says something. But I am going to be watching my nose and my shower head and having shivers all night now. 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • V and I have both openly admit we don't play with spiders. We kill on sight all day every day. V doesn't mind the "web" spiders as much as the "running" spiders. But we don't let any survive for very long. Luckily we never had too much of a problem.
  • raissyraisraissyrais member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited October 2014
    Jeez how big were those spiders and were they dangerous? I'm not really scared of spiders but they ick me out if they're too big and fury and of course venomous...

ETD: What's wrong with my spelling.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I go into panic mode any time I see a spider including a daddy long leg.
    H kills them for me when he's home. If I'm by myself I get all Braveheart on their asses with a shoe and kill them dead.
    He says I have a super sensor when it comes to them because I can walk into a room he just left and run out of it yelling about spiders.
    One fell out of a towel in the bathroom and I couldn't find it. So I made a WANTED posted and taped it to the mirror for H to find it.
    Anniversary

• Jeez how big were those spiders and were they dangerous? I'm not really scared of spiders but they ick me out if they're too big and fury and of course venomous...

Brown recluse spiders are venomous and can cause major damage (also they can be super painful and take months to heal).  Just Google Brown Recluse spider bites and you will see what I mean.

• Jeez how big were those spiders and were they dangerous? I'm not really scared of spiders but they ick me out if they're too big and fury and of course venomous...

That's the thing with brown recluse spiders.  They don't look all that terrifying as far as spiders go but they are deadly!  Many adults will survive, but they are extremely dangerous for kids, the elderly, the immuno-compromised, and occasionally even healthy adults.  Their venom kills the tissue, so that's why people here are talking about the scars they have from being bitten by a brown recluse.

• I hate each and everyone one of you who posted those links (which the part of me that I hate just haaad to click on).

I would have honestly considered burning that house down.  I mean, what insurance would possibly find me at fault?
    Anniversary
  • Wut. That is terrifying!

H is away and I'm home alone. And whenever he's away, I get this irrational fear that someone is going to break into the house. But now I'm thinking about spiders falling from the ceiling. So honestly, it's a nice little break.
  • I came across this story on buzzfeed this evening.  Very appropriate to the NOPE theme.  CLICKY

That is just so beyond horrifying.

But I am a weirdo and as fascinated as I am creeped out.  I just could never deal with it actually happening to me.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards