Destination Weddings Discussions

Florida DW

All my guests are traveling from NY and orlando. I was curious about these welcome and farewell parties??? What is this supposed to be you have sit down meals and such? I'm at my max budget with reception and ceremony and I can't even fathom having to spend more on welcome and farewell parties? Also welcome bags is this a big thing for brides to do?

Re: Florida DW

• Welcome and Farewell parties are totally optional. The typical events you'd need to host/have hosted are the Rehearsal Dinner and the wedding reception.

Even a rehearsal dinner is not required if your ceremony is simple and small. Not everyone attending the wedding needs to attend the rehearsal dinner, as that is usually reserved for immediate family and the bridal party. However, you can open it up to everyone. Just don't invite 20 people with 30 attending the wedding, as that may hurt feelings.

• We didn't have either of these.  We did host a beach day, snorkelling day (we did pay for that for rentals) and a meet and greet for fireworks and drinks at the bar (not hosted).  You don't need them if they're out of your budget

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards