Georgia-Savannah

Help with a Savannah/Tybee wedding?

My fiancé and I are trying to plan a destination wedding in Georgia.  We want to get married with our toes in the sand, so we were immediately drawn to Tybee.  We have a toddler, a mortgage, and so much real life stuff going on that the thought of spending money on a wedding (one day!) is ridiculous.  However, we are budgeting $10,000 for this and plan to have 70 guests. 

Is this possible?  Do you have any recommendations/suggestions?  And if you live near Tybee or have had a wedding there, could you offer us any tips?

We really appreciate the help.  I don't want to keep putting this off because I know we will never be "ready" to spend the money. Just have to do it!

Thank you!

Re: Help with a Savannah/Tybee wedding?

• I suggest a planner. You can get great packages that include everything for that cost. Be careful who you choose, though. There are some not so great planners. Read reviews. Make sure you ask to see a copy of your event permit for the beach. It costs $25 and is required. Some will tell you it is not required. Others will charge you $100 or more.
    Also, communicate with everyone via email. Then you have proof in print of everything planned and the cost.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thank you!  Do you know anything about Gerald's Pig & Shrimp?  We are looking at them for a reception..
  • The food is good but I have no experience with them as far as catering. I do have great experience with Papa's BBQ and with Barne's BBQ.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards