DIY Wedding Forum

paper flower bouquet

Hi everyone. I've done a couple of mock ups for paper flower bouquets for my wedding. I feel like I've been staring at them so long that I can't see them objectively anymore. Looking for feedback. Thanks!

Re: paper flower bouquet

• I think it looks great! I want to learn how. Great job.
  • The flowers look really neat, different.  I don't personally love the sparkly antenna thing with the softness of the flower color.

What would happen with these flowers in the event of rain or something being spilled?

• kaos16 said:

The flowers look really neat, different.  I don't personally love the sparkly antenna thing with the softness of the flower color.

What would happen with these flowers in the event of rain or something being spilled?

I adore the paper flowers! Seriously I've never seen such pretty paper flowers in my life. But I'm with @kaos16 on this one, the sparkly thing looks out of place. Would it be possible for you to use something a little less stiff? I'm thinking of those super thin branches that are sometimes used in other floral arrangements. 
  • kaos16 said:

The flowers look really neat, different.  I don't personally love the sparkly antenna thing with the softness of the flower color.

I could use something other than the antennas... I just thought it needed a little something and threw something together with what I have in my craft room. It actually is the thinner wire Allilovesgus mentioned but I added some beads to it to make it sparkly.

I'm getting married inside in April so I'm not too worried about rain...and if something gets spilled? That's life, I guess. Flowers aren't that important to me which is why I'm making them. I can't justify spending a grand on flowers for one day. Don't get me wrong. I want them to look nice and work out if I can...I just wouldn't be devastated if I didn't have a bouquet to walk down the aisle with.
  • These are terrific! 
    Where did you find how to make these? Could you post a link--I'm also looking into making paper flowers for my wedding.

The only comment I would say is that the colors kind of blend together-I'm not sure how well the details will stand out from far away. If that's not a problem to you, than you're right on track! 

I also totally understand your comment on not justifying spending so much on flowers, I feel the same way.
  • These are gorgeous! 

I agree with the colors melding - maybe you could add one or two darker pink/red colors? Could you put a pearl center in some of them to add some pizzazz, rather than the sticky-outy thing?
  • Hi everyone, 

I took some of your feedback as well as feedback from my friends and here are the changes I made to the bouquets. I've also added a picture of my first centre piece mock up. It relies more heavily on carnations than roses because they are SO much faster to make - but I'm not sure if I'm happy with them. What do you all think?

As for how I made them (I know it's been awhile since my original post, but in case the people who were asking find their way back):

carnations:

rolled flowers:

I can't find the tutorial I used for the roses. :( There is one that's pretty prominent out there using a Martha Stewart template that you can try. It looks beautiful...I just couldn't get it to work. 
  • Very pretty love them.
  • These are beautiful!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards