Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Gift ideas for missing my best friend's wedding

I am not allowed to travel to my best friend's wedding because I am pregnant and will be too far along.  Does anyone have any ideas of a thoughtful gift I can have for the bride on her wedding day?  I feel awful that I cannot be there.

Thanks!

Re: Gift ideas for missing my best friend's wedding

• Options
    mcbride20 said:
    I am not allowed to travel to my best friend's wedding because I am pregnant and will be too far along.  Does anyone have any ideas of a thoughtful gift I can have for the bride on her wedding day?  I feel awful that I cannot be there.

Thanks!
    Congrats on your baby! 

Honestly, I'd purchase something off her registry and send a card with a heart-felt note of congratulations.  People get a lot of random stuff as wedding gifts ... I find it best to play it safe.
  • Options
    Ugh this is such a bummer!

Do you have something you could send that she could use as her something borrowed, old, new, or blue? So that she has something on her that reminds her of you?

Also, maybe record a video to send her that she can watch the day before or day of?

Or something from an inside joke?
    My reaction to most everything on the internet today:
  • Options
    If she's registered, pick out something you know she's appreciate and write her a note about why you picked that thing for her and her FI's new life together. 

If she's not registered, just give her some money with a card. 

Congrats on your baby! :)
    *********************************************************************************

• Options

It sounds like you really want to personalize your gift to your friend.  I would start with her registry and just get her an awesome card with a nice/hearfelt note.  I like the other ideas a PP mentioned, but I would be careful not to go too crazy if that isn't the norm, KWIM?

If I sent a video to my friends they would think I was about to die...seriously no joke...its just not something my group does.  Now a big ole box with box after box inside of it until they got down to a change purse with 50 dollar bills in it would be more the speed of my group. 

Either way, it sounds like you hearts in the right place.  Congrats on the baby, but bummer that you can't travel

• Options
    I love the idea of a video or special message! If you could arrange it, a member of the bridal party could show her on the day of, without your best friend ever knowing.

If you want a special gift, look for something that will last a long time or get a lot of use. I think that's a good way to give her something special. Maybe her flatware, a mixer, or something like that
  • Options
    You could name your child after her! If you want to go a more traditional route, I would stick with a gift from the registry, or if they are going in a honeymoon and you know where you could call the hotel and pay for a night or two of their stay for them.
    Congrats on your pregnancy!
  • Options
    One of my best friends isn't able to come to my wedding because its destination for her and she can't get the time off work. She is paying for a night for myself and my new husband at a nice inn for the night after the wedding as her gift to us.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards