Destination Weddings Discussions

Mexico in June 2015

We are getting married at Secrets Vallarta Bay in Puerto Vallarta, early June 2015.

Any advice, suggestions, etc.?

Re: Mexico in June 2015

• Are you looking for advice or suggestions regarding anything in particular? Budgeting, attire, the list is lengthy. I think you'll get a lot more feedback if you are a bit more specific!
  • I was married at Now Amber PV on Oct 4th. Now  and Secrets are a shared resort. Let me know if you have any specific questions. Are you working with Fatima?

• I am seriously considering getting married at NOW Amber/Secrets. Please let me know how it went. Yes, we are working with Fatima and Alvaro for booking. How was it? Did it go smoothly? Was she helpful? so far she seems very helpful. But i'm worried about the reception part. NOW Amber/Secrets don't seem to give much detail. Did you do a wedding package? Were the the linen and silverware included in the reception? Were you able to personalized you reception?
  • I loved our wedding but it did not go smoothly. Due to the Cabo disaster, weddings were rebooked and moved to our resort. So the resort broke their contract and held 3 weddings on our day. (They are only permitted two) Unfortunately our wedding, which was planned for over a year, was the one that suffered. Most of the night Fatima and her staff were nowhere to be found. They were very helpful up until that day. I really blame the resort not the wedding staff. I’ve written the Now Manager and the corporate office and have not received a response in over a month.

We had 60 people attend and they all stayed at the resort. We did the basic wedding package and had to pay an additional $85 pp. I think the prices are going up in 2015. Everything associated with the resort is overpriced. We booked an outside DJ and photographer. You are able to personalize your reception but I guesstimate it will cost you at a minimum $2,000. We brought most decorations- string lights, chalkboard signs, papel picado from the US. We went to the flea market to buy mexican blankets, maracas, and vases. We purchased the flowers from the Costco in PV. The linens and silverware are included. Let me know if you have any questions!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards