Wedding Reception Forum

Reception Hashtag

My co-worker is have a reception and is trying to come up with a clever hashtag for photos. Their last name is Welch.  Any ideas??

Re: Reception Hashtag

• Maggie0829Maggie0829 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited October 2014
    WelchWedding2014

ETA:  This isn't something that you should be clever or cute about.  It should be something that is easy to remember and easy to type out so that people will actually use it.  Just make sure that the hashtag hasn't been used before.

• Thanks for the help, but is a reception, not a wedding... and we are looking for something clever so that it IS easy to remember. If you have nothing to offer, then no need to post here.
  • OliveOilsMomOliveOilsMom member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited October 2014
    jamiebeck said:
    Thanks for the help, but is a reception, not a wedding... and we are looking for something clever so that it IS easy to remember. If you have nothing to offer, then no need to post here.
    Well that was rude of you.  Maggie is one to offer many great ideas on these forums.  And this is a PUBLIC forum, so you can't tell other people how to post.  If you can't think of something clever yourselves, doesn't it make sense that the people attending the reception won't be able to remember said clever hashtag?  WelchReception2014
  • Maggie0829Maggie0829 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited October 2014
    jamiebeck said:
    Thanks for the help, but is a reception, not a wedding... and we are looking for something clever so that it IS easy to remember. If you have nothing to offer, then no need to post here.
    Well my apologies for mis-reading your post.  That happens every once and a while.

But I really don't find something clever as something easy to remember.  I find something that is simple and straight forward as being something easy to remember.

And I am pretty sure I offered a suggestion, just change the word "wedding" to "reception" and boom there is your hashtag.

ETA:  And thank you @OliveOilsMom for your nice words.

• jamiebeck said:
    That was rude. She DID offer a suggestion. Just because you didn't like it doesn't mean she has nothing to offer.

I'm confused about it being a reception and not a wedding. When was the wedding? Why didn't they have a reception afterward?
  • #welch grape juice is what I think of. You can drink juice at the reception.  SO boom there you go.  Sarcasm yes. 

• A reception occurs immediately after a wedding ceremony (in which two people are wed) where the newlyweds "receive" their guests and thank them for coming.  So, this couple is not having a reception, just a party, or maybe a vow renewal?
  • In my experience, these are created organically by guests or not at all.
  • I used a generator to come up with ideas because I couldn't come up with squat...
    http://www.weddinghashtagwall.com/wedding-hashtag-generator

• Whatever you decide, if you put a sign up somewhere the guests will see it you won't have to worry as much about it being super catchy. Put the sign by the card table or bar and it should help.Hashtag Print- Wedding Instagram Facebook Twitter- Oh Snap Chalkboard Printable Art
  • I love the idea of a wedding hashtag.  My husband and I did it at our wedding and it was a HUGE hit.  And yes, we had a ton of signs similar to the one posted by @LittleWohlscheid.  My wedding hashtag was very generic and not clever #AndreaJoe2013.  However, I totally get why you might want a clever one! One that I saw which I thought was cool was: #ANew[newlastname].  I really liked that one.  Whatever you come up with will be great -- don't stress!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards