Wedding Invitations & Paper

Do I have to send a Wedding Suite?

Hi, I'm getting married next year and we are trying to stick to a certain budget. I know the cost of buying and sending a suite is pretty hefty is there anyway to send just an invitation and an rsvp postcard without missing any information? We have a wedding website with registry information, room block info etc. We are also having the ceremony and reception in the same place so we can easily write ''Reception to follow" on the bottom of the invitation.  Should I add a separate card with the wedding website? or can I somehow add that into the invitation? 
Please help!  

Re: Do I have to send a Wedding Suite?

• You can definitely just sent the invitation card and RSVP card. You can also add a small business-sized card with "for room block and other information, please visit our website at www.joeblow.com." for pretty cheap. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Honestly, I think you should have an extra insert with the room block information and at the bottom of that insert you can put your wedding website.  You have to remember that not everyone will look at your website so any pertinent information should be included in your invite packet.

• Hi, I'm getting married next year and we are trying to stick to a certain budget. I know the cost of buying and sending a suite is pretty hefty is there anyway to send just an invitation and an rsvp postcard without missing any information? We have a wedding website with registry information, room block info etc. We are also having the ceremony and reception in the same place so we can easily write ''Reception to follow" on the bottom of the invitation.  Should I add a separate card with the wedding website? or can I somehow add that into the invitation? 
    Please help!  
    We did a ton of DIY for our wedding and decided to do DIY invitations from Michael's. We bought boxes that were on clearance for $10/each (each box had 40 invites). Then we printed them on our home printer. They were really nice and came with main envelope, folding pocket style invitation, RSVP card, RSVP envelope and ribbon.

Like you, we had extra info because our ceremony was outside and reception a separate venue, plus hotel blocks, shuttle info, etc. So we bought 4x6 cardstock that was similar to the invite and printed on that as our "info card". 

In all, our invitations cost like $50 (plus postage, of course). 
    *********************************************************************************

• I bought a kit from Michael's as well and printed out the invite and response card.  I used card stock to make a directions insert, parking insert, and room block insert.  Not all of this is necessary for everyone but it was for our guests since parking is tricky and many guests are OOT.  I made pocket folds and including everything our invites were under 50$ for 44 invites.

As pp said, not everyone looks at the website so it's really best to have something printed (even if it's just on paper or card stock that compliments the invite) if your guests will need information beyond what goes on the invitation.  

Nothing is required except for the invitation itself but it is helpful to guests to give them any information that would make it easy for them to attend. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I only did an invitation and an RSVP card. Registery, hotel block, and airport info was all on the website. I figure there is not a single person invited to my wedding, in 2014, that does not know how to use the internet (maybe I don't have as many elderly relatives as other people? I don't know. Even FI's grandma uses the internet and found our website). Of the 180+ people we invited I had to field maybe 3 questions from people asking where I was registered. Without a separate hotel info card, 30+ guests still found their way to our hotel block and reserved rooms. So, I think you're fine.
  • jenijoyk said:

I only did an invitation and an RSVP card. Registery, hotel block, and airport info was all on the website. I figure there is not a single person invited to my wedding, in 2014, that does not know how to use the internet (maybe I don't have as many elderly relatives as other people? I don't know. Even FI's grandma uses the internet and found our website).

Of the 180+ people we invited I had to field maybe 3 questions from people asking where I was registered. Without a separate hotel info card, 30+ guests still found their way to our hotel block and reserved rooms. So, I think you're fine.

Agreed. Maybe not everyone will visit the website, but the people who need to visit it (OOT, etc) will.
  • jenijoyk said:
    I only did an invitation and an RSVP card. Registery, hotel block, and airport info was all on the website. I figure there is not a single person invited to my wedding, in 2014, that does not know how to use the internet (maybe I don't have as many elderly relatives as other people? I don't know. Even FI's grandma uses the internet and found our website). Of the 180+ people we invited I had to field maybe 3 questions from people asking where I was registered. Without a separate hotel info card, 30+ guests still found their way to our hotel block and reserved rooms. So, I think you're fine.
    Most of my guest list is plenty internet savvy.  My 3 grandparents are all on the internet pretty regularly. Despite that, plenty of people didn't bother with a website. Not after it was on the save-the-date and not after it went out with the invites. They also didn't bother to Google. Definitely a "know your crowd" thing, and not a necessity to provide printed information but it's a pretty broad generalization to assume that everyone who needs info will check a website. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We sent out only one card with date/time/locations on it (and we have 2 separate venues!). We did include rsvp cards for about 10 of our older guests who might have issues RSVP'ing online - but everything else was on the wedding website. Haven't had any issues and actually had many compliments on the ease of RSVP'ing online.  
  • jenijoyk said:
    I only did an invitation and an RSVP card. Registery, hotel block, and airport info was all on the website. I figure there is not a single person invited to my wedding, in 2014, that does not know how to use the internet (maybe I don't have as many elderly relatives as other people? I don't know. Even FI's grandma uses the internet and found our website). Of the 180+ people we invited I had to field maybe 3 questions from people asking where I was registered. Without a separate hotel info card, 30+ guests still found their way to our hotel block and reserved rooms. So, I think you're fine.
    Most of my guest list is plenty internet savvy.  My 3 grandparents are all on the internet pretty regularly. Despite that, plenty of people didn't bother with a website. Not after it was on the save-the-date and not after it went out with the invites. They also didn't bother to Google. Definitely a "know your crowd" thing, and not a necessity to provide printed information but it's a pretty broad generalization to assume that everyone who needs info will check a website. 

Oh I'm sure a lot of our guests didn't check our website at all either. I don't even think I bother looking at websites for local weddings. But I always check them for OOT weddings. Neither my parents nor I fielded a single "what hotel should I stay at?" question and yet everyone ended up at the hotel block. Definitely not saying everyone checked it, just the people that needed it checked it.

• Did you use theknot.com as the site to allow your guests to rsvp or did you use a different site?
  • We are sending out invitations with reception to follow on them since we are having the wedding and reception at the same place. We are also adding in the bottom left corner of our invites 'Please RSVP to our email address by ...' Instead of sending out RSVP cards to save money. Also, we ordered business card sized magnets with save the date on them and our website address to our the knot website so everyone could see how we met, our proposal, gift registries, hotel accommodations, etc. We ordered from vista print and got 50 magnets for 13.00. You can order more and still get them very inexpensive. I hope this helps. We are on a tight budget too.
  • I ordered my invitations and included the following: (1) invitation, (2) reception card, (3) RSVP card with return envelope. I stuffed these pieces in one envelope.

On the Invitation it included the ceremony location and address plus start time. At the very bottom, the invitation said "reception to follow." Because our reception is at a different location and is set to begin a few hours after our ceremony, we included a separate reception card. 

We put the link to our wedding website on our Save the Date Card. Then on the website is where guests can find all other information. 

If you reception is at the same place as your ceremony, and there is no time gap between them, then you should just do an invitation with RSVP card. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards