October 2014 Weddings

Forecast for Wedding!

2»

Re: Forecast for Wedding!

  • I've looked at two websites and one says 60% chance of rain and the other says 10%. WTF? It's 10/11 so I'm banking on the fact that they just have no clue yet. 
  • labrolabro Hotlanta
    5000 Comments Sixth Anniversary 500 Love Its 5 Answers
    member
    I've looked at two websites and one says 60% chance of rain and the other says 10%. WTF? It's 10/11 so I'm banking on the fact that they just have no clue yet. 
    This is 100% true. Don't worry about the forecast until seriously...maybe 48 hours out. It's going to change about a billion times until then. Even 48 hours is stretching it...there was still a small chance of rain up until the day before my sister's wedding. That Friday it changed to no rain and we went forward with an outdoor ceremony. It sprinkled a little that morning and then the sun came out that afternoon just in time for everything to start.



  • I'm 10/26 so Accuweather's Extended is all I can currently look at. (i know how so inaccurate it is, but) every time i look it's held steady at 65 with thunderstorms. boo. i guess i'll just have to hold out for a couple more weeks to really know... ;)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In the past 3 days, my forecast has changed from 58 degrees and sunny, to 74 degrees and thunderstorms!! Nooooo!! 14 days away, they better be wrong!!
  • @hkda2003‌ They are bound to be wrong that far ahead. I'm only 6 days away and I'm not even ready to trust our forecast until maybe the day before.
  • Dignity100Dignity100 Northeastern Ohio
    2500 Comments 500 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer
    member
    ERRR!!!  My forecast currently says:
    Hi 86
    Lo 70
    Chance of T-storms - 80%

    I so hope that changes, it has 8 days to change.  I emailed my planner and asked if there were any other backup locations available.  I hate to feel this way, but I feel like everything is falling apart between my venue being outdoors and my parents not coming. . . something's gotta work out in my favor, right?!  (I know, at the end of the day FI and I will be married and it won't matter if we're in a very extremely ugly red room or not).


    image
    Anniversary
  • Since Friday my forecast for next Sunday has changed from periods of rain to rain to sunny and 65 as of this morning. Im trying not to hold my breath. I did buy a few clear bubble umbrellas just in case :)

     

  • labrolabro Hotlanta
    5000 Comments Sixth Anniversary 500 Love Its 5 Answers
    member
    @Dignity100 It will be ok! I think you need to step away from the weather forecast for the next few days. It isn't going to be even close to accurate until Sunday at the earliest! Come up with a backup plan with your coordinator in case of rain, but I think you need try to walk away from this for a bit and focus on the more important things - like getting married! YAY!



    jenijoyk
  • The forecast is now 10% chance of rain for me, but 80-90% this Thursday and Friday. Now I'm nervous that even if it there's not rain it's going to be so wet and muddy from the days before that my dress will get ruined trying to walk around outside. but I guess that's still better than rain the day of. 
  • 10/18 just looked at out 10-day forecast, the temp is going down steadily after tuesday of next week from 90s to high of 82 and low of 55 on the 18th with only 10% chance of rain! I too am really looking forward to an outside ceremony
  • sarawifenowsarawifenow Denver, baby!
    2500 Comments 500 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer
    member
    Right now it says 70 degrees, partly cloudy, 0% chance of rain. That can change in a heartbeat though. Keeping my fingers crossed!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • 10/25 brides, we're now officially on the 10-day forecast. I know it's not at all reliable at this point, and I'm not really stressed about weather at all, but it's still so exciting to see!
  • My 10-day forecast sadly includes a sudden drop from low 70s to the high 50s next week :(  Keeping my fingers crossed that it inches back up and trying not to think about it much.  
2»
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards