Chit Chat
Options

AW: Marriage, baby, house...

Sorry in advance for the novel... So I got married on Saturday! It was amazing. Everyone had a blast, and many said it was the best wedding they'd ever been to.

We arrived in Santa Barbara on Tuesday, and spent the next few days running last minute errands and spending time one on one. We also spent some time with his family, who live there. Thursday my family and friends started to arrive. Went out for "drinks" with my mom and brother, then dinner with my dad and his girlfriend. Then karaoke with my girlfriends. It was so much fun, even though I was stone cold sober :) 

Friday things really got started. The girls took me out to my bachelorette brunch and then for mani/pedis. After that we went over to the venue (my SIL's backyard) for the rehearsal. It went very smoothly and my parents totally got along! Then we went to my IL's stunning cliffside home for the rehearsal dinner with yummy Lebanese food from a local restaurant. The sunset and views of Santa Barbara were beautiful. It was great to meet some of FI's friends, two of whom came all the way from Germany, and I was so proud to introduce him to my family. Back at the hotel...we wrote our vows at the last minute. FI (now H!) got a little cranky, as it was past midnight, and he fell asleep as soon as he hit the sheets (or maybe a little later ;)). BUT THEN...I started feeling really nauseous and I had a pukefest in the bathroom the night before my wedding. I'm pretty sure that was 100% baby related. 

Luckily the next day everything was fine, and I haven't really had any more nausea since! Speaking of the next day...we woke up and had breakfast on our little balcony in our fancy bathrobes. My mom and I went to get our hair (and my makeup) done at the salon, then I went back to the hotel and got dressed with my two lovely BMs. The photographer came and snapped some photos, and then we made our way over to the house where we had our first look! It was so amazing! We both got teary eyed and it was such a wonderful, quiet moment between the two of us. After that we did bridal party and family photos. Then it was time to line up for the ceremony! The ceremony was perfect. My friend who offciated did a great job. My mom read a lovely poem for us and that made me cry the most. Everyone loved our vows, which were a little bit sweet, and a little bit funny. I had a little bit of trouble getting H's ring on, but everyone laughed and it was pretty cute. We snapped a few more family photos after the wedding, but when the photographer asked if I wanted any more, I told her I wanted people to party! The hors d'oeuvres were so yummy. We had beer and wine and two specialty cocktails: a Pimm's Cup and a Pomegranate Capiroska. They were both huge hits (so I hear). I had a raspberry lemonade, and had the best time, even though I couldn't drink. The speeches by our wedding party were hilarious and heartfelt, the food was definitely the best anyone had had at a wedding, and some of the best I've ever had, period. Dancing flip flops were a hit, and everyone got on that dance floor! Our cake was fantastic. It was an amazing time! And our wedding night was so successful that H got me almost 4 months pregnant! Photos: At the salon, before the ceremony, dancing, me and my handsome H with our officient, father/daughter dance.

Re: AW: Marriage, baby, house...

• Options
    Congratulations!  What a beautiful bride and wedding!! :)

• Options
    Congratulations! You are beautiful and everything looks lovely!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Options
    Congrats...on...EVERYTHING!  :):)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    So pretty. Congrats!

Anniversary
  • Options
    Congratulations!! I beat you on the wedding date, but you've in the lead for the baby cookin' by a few weeks and house by lord knows how long ;)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I'm impressed with everything!!!
  • Options
    Yay! I'm so happy for you on all accounts!

• Options
    Congrats! I love this 3-for-1 deal.
  • Options
    Beautiful, and congratulations on everything!

I can't remember if I already bugged you about it or not--where in SB did you get married?  (I'm pretty sure I looked at EVERY venue in the city when we were planning....)
    Anniversary

• Options
    Congrats on everything!!!
    Anniversary

• Options
    Beautiful! Congratulations on everything! Sounds like an exciting time for you and your new DH!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options

I can't remember if I already bugged you about it or not--where in SB did you get married?  (I'm pretty sure I looked at EVERY venue in the city when we were planning....)

We got married in SIL's backyard, which normally doesn't function as a wedding venue (but they should totally rent it out, because it's gorgeous!). Did you get married at the Cabrillo Arts Center or the Women's Club? We were seriously considering the historical museum, but that was going to push our budget quite a bit, and then SIL offered (which I secretly hoped she would).
  • Options
    Blergbot said:

We got married in SIL's backyard, which normally doesn't function as a wedding venue (but they should totally rent it out, because it's gorgeous!). Did you get married at the Cabrillo Arts Center or the Women's Club? We were seriously considering the historical museum, but that was going to push our budget quite a bit, and then SIL offered (which I secretly hoped she would).
    I think I MUST'VE bugged you before, that sounds familiar! 

We didn't (although we looked at both; we actually live within walking distance of the arts center); we ended up doing both the ceremony and reception at the Montecito Country Club.

Again, it looks like it was absolutely beautiful....and if your SIL ever wants to sell her place, have her give me a call  ;)
    Anniversary

• Options
    Blergbot said:

We didn't (although we looked at both; we actually live within walking distance of the arts center); we ended up doing both the ceremony and reception at the Montecito Country Club.

Again, it looks like it was absolutely beautiful....and if your SIL ever wants to sell her place, have her give me a call  ;)

That's so funny! We never looked inside the country club, but my ILs live right on top of it. My MIL always takes her walks there, and we went with her once. It's really beautiful. I get first dibs on my SIL's house, but given the likelihood that we will not be millionares...ever, I will let you know if they decide to sell :)
  • Options
    Blergbot said:
    Blergbot said:

That's so funny! We never looked inside the country club, but my ILs live right on top of it. My MIL always takes her walks there, and we went with her once. It's really beautiful. I get first dibs on my SIL's house, but given the likelihood that we will not be millionares...ever, I will let you know if they decide to sell :)
    Small world!

Yeah, the likelihood of us ever being able to afford to buy a house here is....absolute nil.  Nice to dream, though!
    Anniversary

• Options
    You looked absolutely beautiful and happy! Ad I love you new home, it looks so modern, I love it!' Congrats on all your blessings :)
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Options
    Congratulations and enjoy all those beautiful things happening to you and H!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards