Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

XP: how to include song during ceremony?

I need some advice!

My fiance and I are getting married June 20, 2015... We are meeting with our ceremony musicians to figure out some details. I'll give a bit of background to you first.  It is a same-sex wedding, in a non-religious setting, with an officiant who is open to whatever.  We chose a processional song and a recessional song, and LOVE the choices we made.  We have a song that we would really like included in our day somehow, but we just can't figure out what we would do while the musicians play it.

The song is "Same Love" by Mary Lambert (Mackelmrore & Ryan Lewis)... not the rap part though.  A simple, lovely piano version... Like this one <-------

Problem: We aren't huge fans of "unity ceremonies" like candles, sand, or wine bottle/love letter time capsule kinda things. .... mainly because the whole ceremony is a unity ceremony.... why include an awkward sand pouring that I have to figure out where to put on my mantle?  Anyway.... 

The song is meaningful to us and we want to include it.  Is there some way that you've seen/done that isn't strange?  It isn't really a great "dancing" song----  I thought of just playing it at our reception to dance to it... but its not that kind of song. 

Help? 

Re: XP: how to include song during ceremony?

• A friend of mine had a friend do a reading during his wedding and the reading was song lyrics.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • It's a beautiful song. You could use it for a seating song, before the processional, while the guests are settling down. Maybe it's called a prelude.
  • I was at a beautiful wedding last weekend where they played a song (and had everyone sing along) during the registry signing. That is usually where people put music during civil ceremonies in my area.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • A friend of mine had a friend do a reading during his wedding and the reading was song lyrics.
    That's definitely a nice idea!  I will consider that!  

It's a beautiful song. You could use it for a seating song, before the processional, while the guests are settling down. Maybe it's called a prelude.
    Hmm... That would work too!

amelisha said:
    I was at a beautiful wedding last weekend where they played a song (and had everyone sing along) during the registry signing. That is usually where people put music during civil ceremonies in my area.
    that's a nice idea too!  

Thanks so much! 
  • I would do it as a prelude song (while guests are being seated) and have it be the last one before the processional starts.  That way most people will be able to hear it, you'll likely be standing somewhere in the vicinity to be able to hear it too :)  

• I would use it during the signing of the registry! I literally just went to a wedding were there was no song/music and it was awkwardly quiet. It's a beautiful song btw! :)
  • Special songs are often part of a church ceremony.  (I was a church organist.)  The couple simply stands and looks lovingly at each other while the song is played.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards