Wedding Etiquette Forum
Options

Shower etiquette

What is the current etiquette concerning showers, should all female guests be invited to attend or is it fine to just invite a select few?

Re: Shower etiquette

• Options
    edited February 2012
    You don't have to invite your whole female guest list. How big is your wedding? If every female guest was invited to my wedding there would be like 100 people there.
  • Options
    It's perfectly fine to only invite a select few so long as they will be invited to the wedding.  If you're concerned about numbers, ask the person who's hosting your shower for a maximum humber of guests he/she/they can afford to host and then work from there.
  • Options
    As long as everyone invited to the shower is also invited to the wedding, you're okay.  You don't have to invite every single female on your wedding guest list.   If someone has offered to throw you a shower, I would ask them how many people they are comfortable hosting, then draft a list from there.

DSC_9275
  • Options
    I recently attended a bridal shower that had nearly 100 guests. It was obnoxious. Just because someone is invited to your wedding doesn't mean they need to be invited to the shower.
    Photobucket BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_shower-etiquette-14?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:111b5bc6-0da0-4a6e-8892-55932db0fdfbPost:b698921e-ef83-4ca3-8cb8-b4b4188a2d47">Re: Shower etiquette</a>:
    [QUOTE]I recently attended a bridal shower that had nearly 100 guests. It was obnoxious. <strong>Just because someone is invited to your wedding doesn't mean they need to be invited to the shower.
    </strong>Posted by raes19[/QUOTE]

This.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I agree.  I think 30 or so is the upper limit of what I would find not annoying.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

You do not have to invite all the women who are invited to your wedding to your shower.  However, anyone that you do invite to the shower must also be invited to the wedding.  It's considered rude to invite people to pre-wedding parties but not also invite them to the wedding.  It looks gift-grabby.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards