Snarky Brides

Even celebrities can't ask for cash.

Erykah Badu takes to Times Square singing for money, and makes less than $4. I wonder if people would have taken more kindly to it if she had a cute poem.

Re: Even celebrities can't ask for cash.

• I had 'Tyrone' stuck in my head all day. I should've sent her a dollar.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• How sad is that lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I would not recognize her or her music. Put Justin Timberlake out there and watch the hundred dollar bills fly lol

• 1) She sounded horrible

2) She hasn't been around for quite some time so to most people she will just be some rando on the corner begging for money, and as we can see, that doesn't go over well

3) I really didn't watch the whole thing but was there a reason she was doing this?  Did she just wake up one day and say "hey, I am going to stand on a street in NYC and sing for money"?

But like Jenna said, throw Justin Timberlake or Adam Levine or Carrie Underwood out on the street and the money would rain down.  And the reason for that?  Because people know who they are and recognize their music.

• Yeah I definitely wouldn't have known who she was either. No idea why she did it.

• 1) She sounded horrible

2) She hasn't been around for quite some time so to most people she will just be some rando on the corner begging for money, and as we can see, that doesn't go over well

3) I really didn't watch the whole thing but was there a reason she was doing this?  Did she just wake up one day and say "hey, I am going to stand on a street in NYC and sing for money"?

But like Jenna said, throw Justin Timberlake or Adam Levine or Carrie Underwood out on the street and the money would rain down.  And the reason for that?  Because people know who they are and recognize their music.

Stuck

Apparently she just did it for fun. 

Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• If she showed up in my town and started singing on a corner I'd drop her a $5 because I love her music.

CLASSIC:
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• So what do you think of busking or street performers in general? 
    Anniversary
  • I feel like she maybe wanted it to be something like the experiment the Washington post did a few years ago. The post had Joshua Bell, one of the best violinists in the world, play at a metro station. They did a piece on the reactions. Most didn't notice- but some people were brought to tears, and children especially took notice.

There is this young women who sings around DC who has one of the best voices I have heard. She always has a huge crowd.

• kkitkat79 said:
    So what do you think of busking or street performers in general? 
    I live in a major city and have no issue with them. If someone is looking to collect a little extra cash, it's not a bad way to earn it. You never know who may listen and offer them an opportunity. 
    There was a homeless man here who had such an amazing singing voice that he ended up working for a radio station (I believe it was radio).  
    There's one man who plays the sax during rush hour near the train stations and he's really not talented, unfortunately. Unfortunately there are a lot of people who panhandle to the commuters (very sad) but I speculate he gets more money for his efforts.  

• kkitkat79 said:
    So what do you think of busking or street performers in general? 
    I love buskers. Magicians, musicians, statues, you name it - I think it's a fun and different way to get your talent out in the world. At my bachelorette party we walked past a gentlemen playing a saxophone - he busted in to "Going to the Chapel" and while we were all drunk and running back to the hotel to change after a baseball game - we stopped for about 30 seconds to listen- and threw a bunch of money in his hat. It's a memory I love from that night!
  • I feel like she maybe wanted it to be something like the experiment the Washington post did a few years ago. The post had Joshua Bell, one of the best violinists in the world, play at a metro station. They did a piece on the reactions. Most didn't notice- but some people were brought to tears, and children especially took notice.

There is this young women who sings around DC who has one of the best voices I have heard. She always has a huge crowd.
    This is exactly what I thought of, too. 

Now that's worth watching.. 
    *********************************************************************************

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards