DIY Wedding Forum
Options

Guest scrapbook

I'm not doing a traditional guest book.  We're having pieces of cardstock with an assortment of markers and stickers for people to write their well wishes.   I will then combine those, with the candid pics and photo booth strips into a scrapbook.

I need help with the wording on the sign for the area where the card stock and pens will be kept, just so people have an idea of what it's for. I was thinking of making it somewhat alliterative "Make it sincere or make it silly, make it simple or make it snazzy"....just getting hung up on the "instructions" part.  I don't want it to be overly wordy.   Any suggestions?

Re: Guest scrapbook

• Options
    You're overthinking it. It doesn't need to be cute, just get the point across. Leave us some love, drop us a line, please leave your well wishes for our scrapbook, etc.

• Options
    Yeah, I'm with lolo that you're definitely overthinking it. "Leave us your well wishes" is simple and right to the point. 

I don't think I've ever in my life paid attention to cutesy signs at people's weddings. 
  • Options
    We did the same thing (minus the stickers) for our guest book. The sign on our table just told people to leave us their well-wishes, which they did. We also got some lovely artwork from the children in the wedding party.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Options
    Point taken...short and sweet.  And to ^^ cookie pusher....I saw the "you can't treat people like shit...." at the end of your post and for a minute thought that was your scrapbook sign.  LOL.  Only for a second, but I think that means I need my morning coffee.

I have crayons and drawing pads for the kiddos, so who knows....maybe some of their artwork will make their way into my scrapbook.
  • Options
    I love sewing and have made quilts before so my current thought is to make a quilt top for people to sign as our guest book then go back afterwards and create a quilt out of it! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Point taken...short and sweet.  And to ^^ cookie pusher....I saw the "you can't treat people like shit...." at the end of your post and for a minute thought that was your scrapbook sign.  LOL.  Only for a second, but I think that means I need my morning coffee.

I have crayons and drawing pads for the kiddos, so who knows....maybe some of their artwork will make their way into my scrapbook.
    I sort of want to make the pic in my signature into a bunch of stickers and put them on people when they're acting like selfish shitheads!

DH's Godson, who is 6, drew us several abstract images in addition to writing us very adorable messages about how we're the best and how he was so happy to be in our wedding, etc. Some of our other guests even asked him to add drawings to their messages. It was really sweet.

But to keep it from getting too schmoopy, someone did draw a butt on one of the scrap book cards. We know it's a butt because they captioned it saying that it was a butt.
    ~*~*~*~*~

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards