Chit Chat

Renee, Renee, Renee.. What did you do?

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 

Re: Renee, Renee, Renee.. What did you do?

• She looks like she might be able to see now.

She looks a lot older, too.

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• She looks like she needs to moisturize. That first picture is from 1998, she wasn't even 30 yet :/
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• She went from not exactly attractive to creepy old plastic doll. Ick.
  • beethery said:
    She looks like she needs to moisturize. That first picture is from 1998, she wasn't even 30 yet :/

Yeah, I think she just looks a lot older.

I never thought she was good looking, but I'm glad to see the squint gone!

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• I think she's pretty in both pictures but she had a painfully obvious eyelift. It's so severe!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• I don't think she looks bad, just.... IDK.... she just doesn't look like herself?

Much like Jennifer Gray.  She is still pretty, but does not look like the person we all "knew".

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • She looks so different!
  • Oh my god, I saw these pictures this morning. It makes me sad for her. I spend a fair chunk of time reading celebrity gossip and looking at pictures, and I honestly do not recognize her here. If I didn't already know it was her, I would not have guessed her.

• I'm not sure if people realize this, but her "squint" is because of her ethnic background. She's definitely had a lot of eye work done and a lot of Botox.
    Anniversary
  • I'm not sure if people realize this, but her "squint" is because of her ethnic background. She's definitely had a lot of eye work done and a lot of Botox.
    Yes, she's Sami (ethnic group in Scandinavia - clicky). Not that I think she ever should have gotten rid of it, but why get rid of it now? She's been famous for 20 years, and people know her face. When you do something that drastic, all people talk about is the work you've had done. She's a great actress, and that kind of press does her no credit at all.

• steph861 I agree with you. Why do it now? I think she looked fine before
    Anniversary
  • I always hated her and always thought she was hideous for some reason. 
    I think she looks a lot like Naomi Watts in that second picture. 

• Holy shitballs. I momentarily saw a picture of her on another site earlier, but not from this angle. I didn't initially think it was so drastic, but this is nuts. She looks like a mash-up of Naomi Watts and Diane Kruger in a totally bizarre way. 
  • oh dear god

• I think it's really sad that people feel they have to go to these sorts of lengths.  After a point it just doesn't look natural.

This site (clicky) did the best at summing it up that I've read so far.
  • steph861steph861 member
    First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited October 2014
    I also don't know what happened to her eyebrows. They've lost their definition, and they've been lightened and/or overtweezed.
    ETA: Actually, they look sparse in some areas, but undertweezed in other areas.

• lovesclimbinglovesclimbing member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited October 2014
    Wow!

I've never been a fan of her as an actress, but she does have a very recognizable face. I would never have recognized her in that first photo.  That is so crazy!

And I ditto @missdelilah.  It's so sad that people feel they have to do this to stay young or look better or whatever.
  • I seriously thought that last pic was Juliette Lewis! WTH Renee?!

On one level I feel like, if something's really upsetting you about your body, you should be able to change it without people judging. BUT I also feel really sad that there's so much pressure on us all to look young and perfect forever (celebs moreso, obviously).
    imageDaisypath Friendship tickers
  • I liked her hooded eyes
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Buzzfeed article about it: CLICKY

If you don't or can't click, basically, they're saying that Hollywood and society are super shitty to aging women.  You're expected to stay perfect, and we're trained to be repulsed by the unattractive with headlines like "Stars Without Makeup" and  "Look at this celebrity's cellulite!"

So, lots of women get help to stay looking young.  But if that plastic surgery or botox isn't perfect, then we judge that too.  Very much a damned if you do, damned if you don't scenario. 

Also, she is only 44!

• I was dumbfounded by these pictures and spent a good 15 minutes trying to see "her" in her new face.  

• Yep saw that and was quite taken aback. I thought she had her own charm before and she was cute too. She's pretty now but looks like a completely different person. Let's just hope she won't end up looking like this in 20 years.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I've always liked her and thought she had a cute charm. I barely recognized her in the picture but I still think she is pretty, just different. Here was her response...awesome! http://www.buzzfeed.com/kimberleydadds/renee-zellwegers-awesome-response-to-twitter-trolls-over-her

• Buzzfeed article about it: CLICKY

If you don't or can't click, basically, they're saying that Hollywood and society are super shitty to aging women.  You're expected to stay perfect, and we're trained to be repulsed by the unattractive with headlines like "Stars Without Makeup" and  "Look at this celebrity's cellulite!"

So, lots of women get help to stay looking young.  But if that plastic surgery or botox isn't perfect, then we judge that too.  Very much a damned if you do, damned if you don't scenario. 

Also, she is only 44!

The bolded part has been a hot button issue of mine for a long long time.  I am 54 and aging naturally/gracefully just isn't what is "accepted" as any kind of beauty.

As for Renee, it makes me sad that she no longer looks like herself.  Don't get me wrong, I would have my eyes done in a heartbeat but I would still look like me.

• I never thought she was pretty but now I barely recognize her.  It's so sad...

When was the last time she did a new movie? I don't remember actually.

Anniversary

• I never thought she was pretty but now I barely recognize her.  It's so sad...

When was the last time she did a new movie? I don't remember actually.

• Aww I thought she was so cute before! I loved the BJD movies. I literally didn't recognize her in that pic. I guess if I squinted, she looked like Robin Wright Penn to me.
    imageimage">
  • zitiqueen said:
    She should have talked to Jennifer Grey before she did this.
    I thought Jennifer Grey had hers because of her car accident with Matthew Broderick?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards