Chit Chat
Options

Introduction from a lurker

Hi all,

I'm Sal and I've been lurking around this board and the Etiquette board for rather a long time. I have finally made some wedding plans that my FI and I are really happy with and I'm excited to finally introduce myself. I've learned a lot from lurking and I'm sure I'll learn more from actually participating. Thanks for reading!

Re: Introduction from a lurker

• Options
    WELCOME!

• Options
    Welcome and happy planning!
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Hi! Welcome! Do you like mayonnaise? How do you feel about puffins?

• Options
    Welcome! What are your thoughts on The Walking Dead?

image   image   image

• Options
    Thanks guys! 

I love mayonnaise, perhaps a little too much! I know puffins are adorable and that perhaps I should learn more about them at some point in my life.

The Walking Dead: I love the show! When I discovered, I think I stayed home all weekend and binged the entire first season. A couple seasons later and it was one of the first things FI and I bonded over. Zombies, how romantic!
  • Options
    welcome

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    Welcome!
  • Options
    sal2015 said:
    Thanks guys! 

I love mayonnaise, perhaps a little too much! I know puffins are adorable and that perhaps I should learn more about them at some point in my life.

The Walking Dead: I love the show! When I discovered, I think I stayed home all weekend and binged the entire first season. A couple seasons later and it was one of the first things FI and I bonded over. Zombies, how romantic!
    Welcome. What is your plan in the event of a zombie apocalypse?

Anniversary
  • Options
    Greetings and salutations!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    Good to meet you, lady!
  • Options
    I'm one of the proud mayo lovers! 

Congrats! Do you guys have a date set? What general area are you in? 

• Options
    City or country?
  • Options
    sal2015 said:
    Thanks guys! 

Welcome. What is your plan in the event of a zombie apocalypse?
    Considering how much time I spend thinking about this, I don't really have much of a plan! My main priority is to make sure I have plenty of cat food for my cat! Any good apocalypse plans here?
  • Options
    @jenna8984 - We do have a date set: April 18, 2015. That's 6 months earlier than we originally planned, but after much deliberation, we decided to scale down what we were originally thinking and move the date up. We're in the midwest. With winter coming, that's not the best place to be, but I love it here!

@NYCMercedes - I guess you could say we almost live in the country. There are cornfields across the road. I used to think I would never want to live outside of the city (I guess most might call my city a town), but I love it. I think I want our next house to be even more in the middle of nowhere. Not sure how I'll feel about driving to work in the winter though!
  • Options
    sal2015 said:
    Thanks guys! 

Now, lemme warn you: some people are gonna give you shit about the mayo thing, but don't worry, there are some of us, hiding in dark corners away from the masses, that can appreciate the spread.  (I just put waaaay too much of it on my after-lunch sandwich.  Because, yes, I needed a sandwich at lunch, and I needed one afterwards.)
    Shiiiiiiit, I'm not even hiding. I love mayo and I don't care who knows it. 
  • Options
    Nice!! I'm in New England so I'm really not looking forward to winter either! Feel free to post your dress when you find it, we love pics here! 

• Options
    Welcome!

• Options
    Welcome!
    Anniversary

• Options
    Welcome, lurker!!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    I am a mayo fan as well. You are now a part of the minority here but it's recoverable. Learn how to post amazing gifs, hate on egg hootie, and steer clear of being a douchebag and you're set.

Welcome!
  • Options
    lc07 said:
    I am a mayo fan as well. You are now a part of the minority here but it's recoverable. Learn how to post amazing gifs, hate on egg hootie, and steer clear of being a douchebag and you're set.

Welcome!
  • Options
    lc07 said:

Welcome!
    http://forums.theknot.com/discussion/comment/7326911#Comment_7326911

Scroll up to Annabelle's post .. about 7 or 8 posts up from mine I'm linking to. Sorry, that's all I can say - I gotta go vomit now.
  • Options
    Welcome from a fellow former lurker and mayo lover!!

• Options
    sal2015 said:
    Thanks guys! 

Now, lemme warn you: some people are gonna give you shit about the mayo thing, but don't worry, there are some of us, hiding in dark corners away from the masses, that can appreciate the spread.  (I just put waaaay too much of it on my after-lunch sandwich.  Because, yes, I needed a sandwich at lunch, and I needed one afterwards.)
    Welcome welcome! I'm one of those hiding in the darkness. Mayo is the bomb!!! Recently been more into salad cream though hmmmmm
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Well, I can't deny that mayo (and eggs in general) may be a little gross, but I still love mayo! I have already learned something since my first post - that egg hootie exists.
  • Options
    Welcome!

• Options
    sal2015 said:
    Well, I can't deny that mayo (and eggs in general) may be a little gross, but I still love mayo! I have already learned something since my first post - that egg hootie exists.
    You'll wish you didn't know that. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards