May 2015 Weddings

Bridemaids Dresses

Have you guys started looking into bridesmaids dresses? If not, when do you plan on doing so? 
                             Anniversary
imageimageimage

Re: Bridemaids Dresses

• Not really.  Two of my Bridesmaids are in a wedding early November, so we figured we would start to look after that.  Scary to think it is almost November though, I remember thinking I had ooddles of time, what happened!    :-) 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm going with my bridesmaids on Dec. 13 to go look at dresses. This was the first Saturday, we all had free. I thought this was late, but since we plan on getting the dresses at David's Bridal they said that's plenty of time to order, receive and do alternations.  
  • We picked ours out last month! The girls will let them in January!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Started going in September with each of the girls separately. They have all been ordered and my sister's (MOH) came in last week actually. It was nice to get them out of the way.
  • We really haven't figured out when we're going to start looking, but the fact that November is right around the corner is making me a bit antsy; like @glitter2015 I felt like I had so much time! Where did it all go?!

I think my sister (MOH) was looking for good places in our area, so hoefully some time next month.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• The only one who hasn't gotten hers yet is my MOH. I went with both bridesmaids to shop for theirs, but my MOH & I live further away from each other, so it's harder to schedule a time to get together! We'll be going sometime soon though. 

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• We really haven't figured out when we're going to start looking, but the fact that November is right around the corner is making me a bit antsy; like @glitter2015 I felt like I had so much time! Where did it all go?!

I think my sister (MOH) was looking for good places in our area, so hoefully some time next month.

I know, it's crazy! I think I'm going to email them all this week and see how they would like to get their dresses, like if they would want me to come along, or if they want to go on their own. I also have to figure out the color of dresses for them. Seriously, where did the time go??
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• I've looked a LOT.... on Pinterest. All I know is I want them to wear long dresses. I think my BFF/MOH and my little sister are going to go together to try on dresses sometime soon, and then they'll show me what they like. Those two have great style, so I'm sure whatever they like will look good.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We went over the summer when most of my out of town friends were visiting.  We picked the dress and hope to have them all ordered by Halloween (I guess it can take 4-5 months for the dresses to come in, according to the place we are ordering them from). I want to make sure they get them in enough time in case they required any alterations.
  • I am letting the girls pick their own dresses within a certain color/length/fabric. Two of the girls got theirs already, and the other 4 will be looking soon. Given that they can get them off the rack, I'm not too worried about the timing - as long as they have them by the beginning of April I am good!
  • I go with my girls in Nov to order the dresses. They are already picked out but we didn't want to wait because it takes 4-5 months to come in for the designer I picked

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I personally am having a hard time just figuring out where to go. I don't want my girls to spend a lot on their dresses, I want to keep it way towards the lower end of their budget. I was thinking David's Bridal or RK Bridal, and maybe Macy's?  
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• @pinkcow13 - mine ended up doing David's. I told them I didn't really care what dress they got or where, but they all liked the colors at David's, and because all the girls are all over the place (MOH is on LI, BM1 is here in Upstate, BM2 is in NJ - plus FI has a groomswoman in NJ) it was easy for them to all go to their respective stores. They have a lot of options, and aren't overly expensive, which is nice!

*******************************************************************************************

• Got mine from Alfred Angelo. Picked one color and then 5 different styles for the girls to choose from. They were all under $200 except one.
  • cmarr684 said:
    Got mine from Alfred Angelo. Picked one color and then 5 different styles for the girls to choose from. They were all under $200 except one.

Mine is Alfred Angelo also. I think the girlspicked one that was $180.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @pinkcow13‌ you should check to see if they can receive a discount if they purchase from the same place where you brought your dress. The boutique where I purchased my dress from is going to give us a good discount.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jltobe23jltobe23 member
    5 Love Its First Comment First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited November 2014

I picked out the bridesmaid dresses pretty early on. and they had to be ordered before October because of the manufacturer. Jordan Fashions.  I am trying to decide on bridesmaid gifts, anyone have any ideas?

• @megangagliardi1 I was thinking of just letting them get their own dresses, as long as they're a certain color etc. Did that work out well? Were there any problems? Also, wow, a lot of you guys are way more on the ball than me!! For those of you with dresses already bought or picked out, let's see some picks!!! XD
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • *pics lol damn autocorrect.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My girls are probably going to pick something off the rack or my fmil will make their dresses. Their dresses will be pink and stores don't seem to have dresses in that color at the moment, so we'll probably start looking when spring limes come out.
  • My sister is my MOH and my two nieces are bridesmaids. They were so excited that I am getting married (at the age if 50) that we have already picked and ordered their gowns.
  • So one of my BM's found a dress on Etsy in the color and length we decided on, and the top portion of the dress can be altered into different fits. I loved the dress, she shared it with the BM's, and I think they all loved it too. So we may go with that one!
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• @pompeymagnus It is working out really well so far and they are all pretty happy! Two of the six got their dresses already and I love both of them. They both spent at really different price points and picked out different styles, but they work. I gave them pretty specific instructions on length, material, and color range, and also sent them a bunch of pinterest pictures of the look I was going for - one of the girls actually brought the pictures to Nordstrom with her and had the sales person help.

Two of the other girls showed me some pictures of BHLDN dresses they like, and I am a fan of them also. I would say definately send pictures to them so they can have a better idea, and ask to see the dresses before they buy. I'm pretty laid back about formality, etc, so it worked well for us. I did have to veto my fiance asking to let the guys wear whatever suits they wanted, I still think it looks better for them to be more coordinated with a big group :)
  • The designer we ended up choosing is Mori Lee. If any of you ladies are still looking around, they have some really nice dresses and most of them are under $200.
  • I picked the designer -Alfred Sung -and the color/fabric/length and told them to get whatever they want. There are 53 different styles so everyone can pick they style/price they want. I just said I wanted short, and if possible to order from the same place to make sure they are all from the same dye lot.  I think all but one have already picked out the dress, and they are just trying to find the best place to order them from.
  • edited February 2015
  • https://www.etsy.com/listing/126838010/bridesmaid-chiffon-dressstrapless?ref=shop_home_active_20

I found my dress the month before we got engaged and gave them the link as soon as we got engaged. They were supposed to order them by yesterday. It all depends on your manufacturer/store. The shop I picked (Renz Rags) has a delivery time of 4-6 weeks since they hand make the dresses as the orders come in. I wanted my bridesmaids to enough time to get alterations done if needed! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards